2022 Transfers: Rumours & Facts

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    RichN95. said:

Are you thinking it's a foot in the Tour door for Cav?

Yes. Wishful thinking.

When is Evenepoel's contract up? Is it too soon to announce that he'll be leaving the team? (Probably)
    Just signed a new 5 year deal.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 406
    Other than bike sponsor and having money once Sagan leaves, Bora seems a strange fit for Almeida.

Thought Trek Segafredo would make more sense after losing Porte and Nibali probably moving on after this season.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,576
    DQS never seem to get pushed into paying more than they want for a rider no matter how successful they are. The results keep coming for them year after year though.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Pross said:

DQS never seem to get pushed into paying more than they want for a rider no matter how successful they are. The results keep coming for them year after year though.

I think Lefevere has worked out that you get more value overpaying the leadout men rather than the sprinters
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    It'll be interesting to see who DQS field as their main sprinters next season. Hodeg, after much early promise, seems to have lost confidence and obviously Jakobsen has big challenges to overcome, so neither of those are guaranteed a new contract.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    andyp said:

- Sam Bennett to Bora

After the way they treated him..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    edited May 2021
    ddraver said:

andyp said:

- Sam Bennett to Bora

After the way they treated him..?

Did they treat him badly? He was there for six years and won five GT stages. I don't think it was unfair to pick Sagan for the Tour ahead of him. I know his leaving was a bit messy, but at least it showed they valued him.
  • ddraver
    In his last year and a bit they favoured German riders in over him. There was a great interview with him and Freibos about it on TCP.

It was clear then, and has been, proven now, that he is a better sprinter than Ackerman - who he'll be up against. And that's notwithstanding any up and coming German sprinter they may sign...
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Mitch Docker's retiring this year.

Didn't he have a crash in Tro Bro yesterday, maybe decided he wasn't interested any more...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Mørkøv resigns with Quickstep. Told Danish TV he's been promised there'll be a top notch sprinter there next season
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    andyp said:

It'll be interesting to see who DQS field as their main sprinters next season. Hodeg, after much early promise, seems to have lost confidence and obviously Jakobsen has big challenges to overcome, so neither of those are guaranteed a new contract.

Tim Merlier would be my guess
  • RichN95.
    The other day I heard talk of Nibali going to Eolo-Kometa. Moscon was also linked,
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729

Mørkøv resigns with Quickstep. Told Danish TV he's been promised there'll be a top notch sprinter there next season

Any rumours where he's off to? He's quite a big deal in sprints.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328

Any rumours where he's off to? He's quite a big deal in sprints.
    Resigns as in signs again, I should probably have a hyphen in it. He's going nowhere
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    Ah gotcha.

Yeah, Rich is right - he's arguably more important to a sprint than whoever is finishing it off.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628

Dylan G. lols
  • RichN95.
    Talk in Gazzetta of Dennis leaving Ineos for UAE or Jumbo which is surprising. Perhaps he doesn't want to co-exist with Ganna
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

Talk in Gazzetta of Dennis leaving Ineos for UAE or Jumbo which is surprising. Perhaps he doesn't want to co-exist with Ganna

I'd be surprised, he seems to have settled in nicely after some troubles times beforehand.

There was mention of Almeida possibly going to Ineos next season. I could see that being good for Ineos with yet another gritty super domestique but not for Almeida other than purely on a financial basis. I would have thought Jumbo or UAE would be a good mutual arrangement.
  • RichN95.
    edited May 2021
    Pross said:

There was mention of Almeida possibly going to Ineos next season. I could see that being good for Ineos with yet another gritty super domestique but not for Almeida other than purely on a financial basis. I would have thought Jumbo or UAE would be a good mutual arrangement.

Almeida's also been linked heavily with UAE.
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

Pross said:

Almeida's also been linked heavily with UAE.
    I think that would be a great move for both parties.
  • RichN95.
    I missed this news a few days ago, but according to Lefevere, Peter Sagan's signing demands include also signing an 11 strong entourage as well. Four riders, two soigneurs, two mechanics, one DS, a press officer and a hospitality manager.

No confirmation as two whether he wanted a separate bus with a bowl of M&Ms with all the brown ones removed.

Johan Bruyneel reckons he's going to Direct Energie.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195

No confirmation as two whether he wanted a separate bus with a bowl of M&Ms with all the brown ones removed.

Have you read the story as to why the band had it in their rider?
  • RichN95.

Have you read the story as to why the band had it in their rider?

Yes. Van Halen knew if that had been complied with they could be confident that important stuff had been too
  • ddraver
    As in important music stuff?

...or drugs and groupies?
    - @ddraver
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    RichN95. said:

He'd be mad to leave Ineos.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • andyp
    Nibali has three options open to him: extending at Trek or joining DQS or Astana.
  • andyp
    Not really a transfer, but Bettiol has extended his contract with EF Education-Nippo.
  • Pross
    andyp said:

Nibali has three options open to him: extending at Trek or joining DQS or Astana.

DQS is an odd one, mentor for Evenepoel?
  • andyp
    Viviani apparently joining EOLO-Kometa next season.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    RichN95. said:

I missed this news a few days ago, but according to Lefevere, Peter Sagan's signing demands include also signing an 11 strong entourage as well. Four riders, two soigneurs, two mechanics, one DS, a press officer and a hospitality manager.

Johan Bruyneel reckons he's going to Direct Energie.

What on earth does he need all those people for? Does he get somebody to wipe his ar5e for him? Ridiculous.....

Can't he manage to move to a new team on his own? FFS
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."