The Royals

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    pblakeney said:

elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

As enjoyable as it was to watch the flounce it still isn't in the same league as the Merkles.

What's the German chancellor got to do with it?
    Typo.
    Chances of the name origin though?
    Markle / Merkel - I have no idea if the origins converge somewhere. So what if they do?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,874

pblakeney said:

elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

As enjoyable as it was to watch the flounce it still isn't in the same league as the Merkles.

Typo.
    Markle / Merkel - I have no idea if the origins converge somewhere. So what if they do?
    Don't care. I imagine a lot of name spelling historically is down to people spelling phonetically and coming up with different versions. Just an excuse for my mistake.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,063

pblakeney said:

elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

Typo.
    It would make her more suitable for the royal family if she was part German ;)
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    elbowloh said:

rjsterry said:

elbowloh said:

Bravo. Don't have a clue who Darren Beresford is, but if he upsets Piers Morgan, then well done.

The git is the typical "can dish it out, but can't take it himself" kind of guy.

Some might say he's a bed wetting snowflake.

Me neither. Alex Beresford is the GMB weather presenter (I have learnt this morning).
    I guess it was quite brave of him to call the anchor out then.
    Check out his twitter feed. They seem to be having a public spat before the interview.
  • imposter2.0
    Pross said:

pblakeney said:

elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

Typo.
    It would make her more suitable for the royal family if she was part German ;)
    That it would.. ;)
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

elbowloh said:

rjsterry said:

elbowloh said:

Bravo. Don't have a clue who Darren Beresford is, but if he upsets Piers Morgan, then well done.

The git is the typical "can dish it out, but can't take it himself" kind of guy.

Some might say he's a bed wetting snowflake.

Me neither. Alex Beresford is the GMB weather presenter (I have learnt this morning).
    I guess it was quite brave of him to call the anchor out then.
    Check out his twitter feed. They seem to be having a public spat before the interview.
    I don't do twitter
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,768
    edited March 2021
    Buckingham Palace has released a statement on behalf of the Queen in reaction to the Duke and Duchess of Sussexes Oprah interview.

It said: "The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

"The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members."
  • imposter2.0
    elbowloh said:

I don't do twitter

You don't have to. It's still possible to search and read tweets online..

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,671

Buckingham Palace has released a statement on behalf of the Queen in reaction to the Duke and Duchess of Sussexes Oprah interview.

It said: "The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

"The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members."
    Now that's more like it.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

I don't do twitter

Ok, I'll put it another way. I don't really care what people put on twitter, which is why I don't use it.

It's why I hate it when news stories and articles are just full of how people reacted to something on twitter.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Morgan out.
  • kingstongraham
    And Piers Morgan has gone. Which of the two new outrage merchants has he already lined up?
  • elbowloh
    Good
    Piers Morgan has quit GMB
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • imposter2.0
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

I don't do twitter

Ok, I'll put it another way. I don't really care what people put on twitter, which is why I don't use it.

It's why I hate it when news stories and articles are just full of how people reacted to something on twitter.
    It's just another 'forum', much like this one. But bigger. More idiots, but also more sense as well.

• elbowloh

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

I don't do twitter

It's just another 'forum', much like this one. But bigger. More idiots, but also more sense as well.

We're not plastered all over news stories though and don't reach as many people, so don't get the higher category of tw@t
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • imposter2.0
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

I don't do twitter

We're not plastered all over news stories though and don't reach as many people, so don't get the higher category of tw@t
    I'm not so sure...

• elbowloh

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

I don't do twitter

I'm not so sure...

We don't have anyone who can rival Piers Morgan or Donald Trump.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • imposter2.0
    elbowloh said:

Maybe not in terms of global recognition, but I'm pretty sure we have people that can match or exceed their levels of absolute arsewittery...

• shirley_basso
    edited March 2021
    The conspiracy theorists are saying it's a choreographed exit to join GB News
  • pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    edited March 2021

Conspiracy theorist re.. Piers bloody Morgan? No one cares that much do they?

Get over to the movies thread and put a quote in pls!
  • shirley_basso
    Is it my go. Sorry
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,044
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

I don't do twitter

I'm not so sure...

oh come on now, there're little heaps of dog excrement in the streets, surely one of them could lower itself to their level
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    elbowloh said:

Good
    Piers Morgan has quit GMB

Nooooooo!!!!!

Markle 1 - 0 Morgan
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross

Feels a little bit like the Top Gear "scandal".

Has anyone used the phrase Morgangate yet?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,394
    Saw a video of old Harry interviews - a string of about 5 or so, from when he was a lot younger, often about the his time in the army and/or the press.

"well I want to go away and get away from Britain"

"I'd be enjoying it if the press left me alone"

"I really don't like Britain and all the lies the press say all the time".

In one, the reporter says "his contempt for the press is plain for all to see"

I mean, he was literally telling people he wanted out.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    I didn't know MM was black until all this kicked off, she looks white to me.

Disclaimer. This post is not racist, looking at her on TV I genuinely didn't realise she was black.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,925

Saw a video of old Harry interviews - a string of about 5 or so, from when he was a lot younger, often about the his time in the army and/or the press.

"well I want to go away and get away from Britain"

"I'd be enjoying it if the press left me alone"

"I really don't like Britain and all the lies the press say all the time".

In one, the reporter says "his contempt for the press is plain for all to see"

I mean, he was literally telling people he wanted out.

He could have gone to his granny and said that he was now a longshot at being king and would like to concentrate on his army career. Perhaps he told everyone except the one person he needed to.
  • kingstongraham
    I didn't realise they all did that curtseying and bowing sh1te behind closed doors too - I assumed that was just for show.

Imagine having to bow to your grandmother when you pop round for a cuppa.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,925

I didn't realise they all did that curtseying and bowing sh1te behind closed doors too - I assumed that was just for show.

Do they? Got a link?

• Pross

If The Crown is to be believed (appreciate it's just a drama but suspect there are some "advisors") Charles used to have problems getting his mother to agree to see him when he was a young man.