Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

The question I ask myself is, 'would I let them give this relatively unproven vaccine to my teenage children' (who have had all their childhood vaccines to date).

yes
    In children, whose cells are dividing much more than in an adult?
    yes

I guess you don't have kids?

yes, i have two.

and my answer remains the same.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338

joe2019 said:

Ben6899 said:

joe2019 said:

I'm not so sure that the vaccine that is being rolled out by the million is necessarily of the same purity as the one used in the trails.

Serious question, you think they're cutting it with another substance?

Have a read of the link above and make up your own mind.

Oh my goodness.

A quick flick through shows a lot of scientific-sounding waffle, but of course I haven't read it all the way.

And I'll bet you haven't either, just the takeaway message you've found on antivaxx websites.

I have read it all, it's interesting. I found it as a link from the NHS Facebook page, which was linked from our village news page.

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Joe, just go and get jabbed. You and your family.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • joe2019
    MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

The question I ask myself is, 'would I let them give this relatively unproven vaccine to my teenage children' (who have had all their childhood vaccines to date).

yes
    yes

yes, i have two.

OK, I'm guessing you would't let them have it before the trials are complete.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    joe2019 said:

joe2019 said:

Ben6899 said:

joe2019 said:

I'm not so sure that the vaccine that is being rolled out by the million is necessarily of the same purity as the one used in the trails.

Oh my goodness.

A quick flick through shows a lot of scientific-sounding waffle, but of course I haven't read it all the way.

And I'll bet you haven't either, just the takeaway message you've found on antivaxx websites.

I have read it all, it's interesting. I found it as a link from the NHS Facebook page, which was linked from our village news page.

Forgive me for being direct, but nothing you have posted on this thread or any other suggests that you could understand more than one word in four from that interview.

I'm out.
  • joe2019

Forgive me for being direct, but nothing you have posted on this thread or any other suggests that you could understand more than one word in four from that interview.

I'm out.

:)

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

yes
    yes

yes, i have two.

It's irrelevant, they can't have it as the vaccines haven't been tested for use in children so you're putting up yet another strawman. I seem to recall you started a similar debate a couple of months back too and then got all defensive because no-one support your point of view (apologies if it was someone else).

If you don't want it, don't have it just have the decency not to complain if you get ill with Covid or if there is a vaccine passport brought in and you get prevented fromn doing things as a result.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,916
    Well, I've a new skill to learn...

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,630

joe2019 said:

joe2019 said:

Ben6899 said:

joe2019 said:

Oh my goodness.

I'm out.
    Probably worth pointing out that this is a transcript of some people proposing the take the EU to court over the vaccine approval.

Now a small number of scientists who disagree with the consensus of many national medical agencies could have a point.

Or they could be attention seeking nutters.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553

joe2019 said:

joe2019 said:

Ben6899 said:

joe2019 said:

Oh my goodness.

I'm out.
    Probably worth pointing out that this is a transcript of some people proposing the take the EU to court over the vaccine approval.

Now a small number of scientists who disagree with the consensus of many national medical agencies could have a point.

Or they could be attention seeking nutters.
    It's all a bit like Captain Rum in Blackadder and his 'opinion is divided' quote.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,254
    joe2019 said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

yes
    Can you not just come out and admit that you are a full-blown antivaxxer with your vague and unjustified scare stories?

I am pro-vaccine, I've had every single one that I have ever been offered, my children have had all their childhood vaccines to date.

Have a read of this:

http://enformtk.u-aizu.ac.jp/howard/gcep_dr_vanessa_schmidt_krueger/?s=08&fbclid=IwAR2jRwwnx0HgCv8bDSqnJXHtUb7SpFqFxr895WMPn_-K-y739CEQE1edjEM
    If you are aware of this work, you would think those who are in charge of approving and administering the vaccine are also aware of it. Do you think you have a better understanding of what in there makes sense and should be concerning than they do? If not, do you think it's likely those experts are taking a massive risk of poisoning the population?
  • MattFalle
    joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

yes
    yes

yes, i have two.

the trials are complete
  • briantrumpet
    MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

yes
    yes

yes, i have two.

the trials are complete

True on the specific trials, though of course safety and efficacy data is always an ongoing matter, and those desperate to find ways to justify an anti stance will seize on that to justify their yebbut scepticism.

Having said that, all the post-tests incoming data, so far, has exceeded the data from the tests, as far as I'm aware, and the only ones that have dented confidence (eg the Israeli data on AV & over-65s) have been because of incomplete data, and subsequent data has reconfirmed their efficacy & safety.
  • joe2019
    MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

yes
    yes

yes, i have two.

the trials are complete

The first trials in children were launched mid-Feb with results expected by mid 2021.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

yes
    yes

yes, i have two.

the trials are complete

The first trials in children were launched mid-Feb with results expected by mid 2021.

Which is why children aren't currently being vaccinated, and has no relevance to adults.
  • MattFalle
    joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

MattFalle said:

joe2019 said:

yes
    yes

yes, i have two.

the trials are complete

dude

get vaccinated and get your family vaccinated.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,671
    joe2019 said:

Pross said:

For someone who said they're not anti-vax you are coming across as finding lots of reasons for arguing against having the vaccination. As for the teenage kids question, my teenage daughter (and early 20s daughter) are both very keen to have it ASAP as they want to be able to get things back to normal as soon as possible.

I"ve had all my vaccinations, including all the African/Asian travel versions.

With so many willing guinea pigs, why would I rush to get this one without being better informed?
    There is no rush. The testing was done last summer and published in the autumn.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry
    joe2019 said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

Scores on the doors to date.
    72%, 0%, 25%, 2%. Guess which option is 0%?

You'd feel a bit silly looking at that whilst not intending having it I would have thought. I've been very pleasantly surprised by the extent of take up so far, reportedly over 90% in all the categories that have been offered the jab. I suspect it will reduce in the younger age groups where people are invincible but it looks like it will be way in excess of the two thirds that originally thought I was being optimistic in predicting.

Yep, pretty conclusive so far, I guess it reflects the demographic on here.

In a recent poll on Chemist & Druggist 56% of the respondents said they would NOT have it - would they be mainly pharmacists?

https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/news/more-half-cd-readers-wont-get-covid-19-vaccine
    It's a website poll of 186 people. While concerning, I'm not sure that is a robust statistic.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Jezyboy
    Jezyboy Posts: 2,917
    rjsterry said:

joe2019 said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

You'd feel a bit silly looking at that whilst not intending having it I would have thought. I've been very pleasantly surprised by the extent of take up so far, reportedly over 90% in all the categories that have been offered the jab. I suspect it will reduce in the younger age groups where people are invincible but it looks like it will be way in excess of the two thirds that originally thought I was being optimistic in predicting.

In a recent poll on Chemist & Druggist 56% of the respondents said they would NOT have it - would they be mainly pharmacists?

https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/news/more-half-cd-readers-wont-get-covid-19-vaccine
    It's a website poll of 186 people. While concerning, I'm not sure that is a robust statistic.
    I wonder what polls would look like on a contentious issue for engineering in the imeche mag.
  • edward.s
    edward.s Posts: 221
    The C&D used to be a useful thing in Pharmacy as the paper was quite absorbent for use in toilet emergencies. Now its online it it totally useless. I'd ignore that poll completely.

Have the jab if you are offered it. It might just save your life.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,630
    rjsterry said:

joe2019 said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

Nothing so dangerous as a little knowledge.

The person who nearly put my mum off it was a retired nurse. Same thing.

Took me a week or reasoned persuasion to fix the nonsense she had been told. About "additives" and "impurities".

No specifics of course because *they* put them in and you just don't know do you?

Sound familiar?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    joe2019 said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

Wife’s cousin is a retired pharmacist and a recent conversation he asked if we thought COVID was a thing invented by the government so as introduce social control. I offered to by him a roll of tin foil for his hat.
    I would vaccinate my 6 year old grandson myself if need be.
    Yes I am qualified to give injections.
  • joe2019
    edited March 2021
    webboo said:

joe2019 said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

Wife’s cousin is a retired pharmacist and a recent conversation he asked if we thought COVID was a thing invented by the government so as introduce social control. I offered to by him a roll of tin foil for his hat.

Socially distanced I hope :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    Reckon too many oldies, retirees and this past year shielders spend way too much time on Farcebork and the like, and get overexposed to the total bullkeerap being pumped through such conduits.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    orraloon said:

Reckon too many oldies, retirees and this past year shielders spend way too much time on Farcebork and the like, and get overexposed to the total bullkeerap being pumped through such conduits.

YouTube, sadly.

They watch hours of rubbish and call it 'research'.

The older I get, the better I was.

• rjsterry

rjsterry said:

joe2019 said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

Took me a week or reasoned persuasion to fix the nonsense she had been told. About "additives" and "impurities".

No specifics of course because *they* put them in and you just don't know do you?

Sound familiar?
    Ugh, that kind of thing really boils my p***. You'd expect it from some homeopathy quack but an actual qualified nurse! Worth reporting to the RCN?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• briantrumpet
    orraloon said:

It still amazes me that so many (not stupid) friends still share viral Facebook 'likes farming' posts, and other cr@p that has either been around for ages and/or easily shown up as cr@p with the simplest search.
  • webboo
    rjsterry said:

rjsterry said:

joe2019 said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

Sound familiar?
    Ugh, that kind of thing really boils my p***. You'd expect it from some homeopathy quack but an actual qualified nurse! Worth reporting to the RCN?
    Why you report someone to their union. The NMC is nursing’s governing body.
  • webboo
    joe2019 said:

webboo said:

joe2019 said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

Socially distanced I hope :)
    Not quite, he was laid on the floor with his wife sat on him. While I gave him his vaccination. :*
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    i joined a vaccine trial last year, just got 'unblinded' as i had nhs invites nagging me, turns out i was vaccinated last year, one dose in october, one in november

still alive, riding hard and drinking harder

can't hide under a stone worrying all your life, gtfv
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny