S*** Small Races Thread - 2021

1343536373840»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    Picked the wrong time to go to Venice, they had a race there the day after I got home and another today that seems to be using the route I went by train last Sunday.
  • Trentin just found a new way to lose from a 2 man lead group.

21kms to go in the Race of the Popping Prosecco
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited October 2021
    The Vento Classic, despite having a very end of the season field, turned out to be an excellent addition to the calendar.
    Pippo Pozzato’s course design produced an exciting finale over the testing finishing circuit.

Once again Matteo Trentin got himself into a two man winning move, only to touch Astana’s Bastistella’s rear wheel and crash on the climb.

The former U23 world champion fought a nip and tuck battle with the chase group, in the end holding on by just 5 seconds to take his first professional win.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 709

The Vento Classic, despite having a very end of the season field, turned out to be an excellent addition to the calendar.
    Pippo Pozzato’s course design produced an exciting finale over the testing finishing circuit.

Once again Matteo Trentin got himself into a two man winning move, only to touch Astana’s Bastistella’s rear wheel and crash on the climb.

The former U23 world champion fought a nip and tuck battle with the chase group, in the end holding on by just 5 seconds to take his first professional win.

I didn't see the race but I read that Bastistella afterwards said Trentin crashed immediately after he (Bastistella) had got out of the saddle on the climb – which as every cyclist knows sort-of propels a bike backwards. So Trentin must have been riding too close behind and also not being observant enough to quickly react.