joe biden

Comments

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203
    Anyway. More comments on the bike, it's Friday after all!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    It looks like the most horrendous ride and it probably weighs about 15 kilos.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,274

I tell thee. That's a bloody special relationship!

Has someone already crashed in that helmet?

• focuszing723
    I would guess that's light reflection.
  • focuszing723
    edited June 2021

It looks like the most horrendous ride and it probably weighs about 15 kilos.

https://www.bilenky.com/tourlite-specifications

Maybe 9 to 10kg. It could well be a bit more on the City spec.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Small ring, big cassette - Biden was throwing shade!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • focuszing723
    It looks like its SRAM GX Eagle AXS 12x. They make a cassette 10-52!
  • focuszing723
    edited June 2021
    Why is it quite the clip? Just what you would expect.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,806

Precisely.
    You will have the same Johnson/Biden and Johnson/Macron. Common front, and all front.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    edited June 2021

The noises he’s making are the most pro EU for 20 years or so at least and when was the last time a US prime minister would make a statement quite like that alongside the French President?

That is quite a departure.

Meanwhile the UK prime minister is getting his knuckles wrapped over noises he wants ignore international agreements he signed six months ago.
  • focuszing723
    Obama was very pro the EU prior to Brexit.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,936

The noises he’s making are the most pro EU for 20 years or so at least and when was the last time a US prime minister would make a statement quite like that alongside the French President?

That is quite a departure.

Meanwhile the UK prime minister is getting his knuckles wrapped over noises he wants ignore international agreements he signed six months ago.

It just sounds to me like two heads of state being nice to each other and making the right noises... which is easier when one of them isn't Trump... or Johnson.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Unless you expect him to give Macron a slap in the face.

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    EU to "Provide the backbone and support for NATO"

Diplomatic code for start paying your way you freeloading bastards?
  • rick_chasey

EU to "Provide the backbone and support for NATO"

Diplomatic code for start paying your way you freeloading bastards?

Exactly. Macron wants it too.
  • focuszing723
    The size of that bloody cassette though. I hope Boris doesn't mash the gears, they ain't cheap!
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Well, getting on for a year since his election, his primary quality remains to be, he’s not Trump.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,274
    Got bigger balls than Trump, that's for sure.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Got bigger balls than Trump, that's for sure.

and bigger hands
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rick_chasey
    For all the chat that Biden is pretty bad, and I think he's got quite a few things wrong already, I am quite glad that he, and not Trump, is president during the Russia-invading-Ukraine crisis.
  • rick_chasey
    Well a leak from the Supreme Court that they’re gonna strike down Roe vs Wade seems to be a total disaster
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,936

Well a leak from the Supreme Court that they’re gonna strike down Roe vs Wade seems to be a total disaster

To clarify, it means overturning the nationwide right to abortion in the US.
  • rick_chasey
    Aye. What a disaster.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Actually goes against public opinion in the US too. Apparently 22 states have trigger laws that would instantly ban abortion.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • briantrumpet

Actually goes against public opinion in the US too. Apparently 22 states have trigger laws that would instantly ban abortion.

It could be something Democrats could turn to their electoral advantage, if they can successfully (and correctly) portray this as retrograde intrusion on women's rights by Republicans. Though Democrats aren't great on capitalising on open goals: they'll probably just end up arguing amongst themselves.
  • rick_chasey

It could be something Democrats could turn to their electoral advantage, if they can successfully (and correctly) portray this as retrograde intrusion on women's rights by Republicans. Though Democrats aren't great on capitalising on open goals: they'll probably just end up arguing amongst themselves.
    You’d have to redraw the electoral map to do that
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,702

You’d have to redraw the electoral map to do that
    More than one person I've seen on both sides of the political spectrum, wondering whether this is the reopening of civil war hostilities. If nothing that is not explicitly spelled out in a 250-year-old document can be enforced federally then abortion rights might be just the start of it. I hope they are wrong.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,702
    The more I read about the so-called 'originalists' and their deliberations the more absurd they seem to believe that a bunch of jumped up plantation owners had some sort of quasi-divine insight into how to run a country for any and all eventualities. It's like trying to determine how to wire a plug by consulting the Bible.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • briantrumpet
    rjsterry said:

The more I read about the so-called 'originalists' and their deliberations the more absurd they seem to believe that a bunch of jumped up plantation owners had some sort of quasi-divine insight into how to run a country for any and all eventualities. It's like trying to determine how to wire a plug by consulting the Bible.

A sizeable proportion of the US is absolutely nuts.