2020 UCI Road World Championships, Imola - Sept 24th - 27th *Spoilers*

Comments

• Live on BBC website now
  • Rumours Annemiek van Vleuten - broken wrist and all - is potentially going to ride the road race... Mental.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,801
    Banks rode to par I guess . Can't fault that .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Canadian rider with upside down 13 ;)

• Lots of meat, presumably.

It's probably not the best place to be vegan.

Mainly pork, something like four pigs per inhabitant in the region. Head to toe, there isn't a part of the pork which is not turned into a local delicacy.... nose, ears, feet... you name it

left the forum March 2023
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002

Lots of meat, presumably.

Mainly pork, something like four pigs per inhabitant in the region. Head to toe, there isn't a part of the pork which is not turned into a local delicacy.... nose, ears, feet... you name it

My definition of ‘delicacy’ is the bits of animal that should be given to the dog.
  • Mad_Malx said:

Lots of meat, presumably.

My definition of ‘delicacy’ is the bits of animal that should be given to the dog.
    Never tried ears, nose in gelatine is quite nice, generally speaking collagen parts in vinegar gelatine are nice. The foot filed with minced cartilage,, meat, fat and white pepper, called "zampone" is awesome.

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited September 2020
    It's a very bland course.
    Hardly any technical aspect to it.
    Obviously the UCI's answer to the disparity between the men and women was to add a couple of kms to the women's event and shorten the men's course by 25kms.
    Be careful what we wish for I suppose.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Roll a tub? Jesus
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Dygert crashes out over the barrier.
    Looked like she lost a tyre off the rim.
  • mididoctors
    That was scary nothing she could do ....right in the corner
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    edited September 2020

It's a very bland course.
    Hardly any technical aspect to it.
    Obviously the UCI's answer to the disparity between the men and women was to add a couple of kms to the women's event and shorten the men's course by 25kms.
    Be careful what we wish for I suppose.

Almost as soon as I read your post Chloe Dygart finds a technical bit :o
  • Roll a tub? Jesus

Seems to me she just locked the brake and lost control of the bike
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    Drat. Stepped away from the tv for 2 mins and missed it. Came back to wonder what are they talking about?
  • mididoctors

Roll a tub? Jesus

Seems to me she just locked the brake and lost control of the bike
    That juddering was weird thou if she locked the front it's s high side the rear a low .. you might be right ?
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    GCN not working. :(
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    orraloon said:

Drat. Stepped away from the tv for 2 mins and missed it. Came back to wonder what are they talking about?

Dygert over the barriers on a corner with a weird one
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    edited September 2020
    DeadCalm said:

Territory restricted. Not available in UK etc
  • Wifi lost just after the crash - did we see if Dygert was OK?
  • mididoctors
    iPlayer @deadcalm
  • mididoctors

Wifi lost just after the crash - did we see if Dygert was OK?

Not yet
  • mididoctors
    AvB takes it
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    Van der Breggen’s voodoo doll seems to be working well. That’s the Giro Rosa and the worlds TT where it has done its stuff
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited September 2020
    Another clogging for the rest of the world.

Almost as soon as I read your post Chloe Dygart finds a technical bit :o

Yeah, fancy putting a sweeping bend on the course.
  • mididoctors
    Front wheel from that replay . Not sure if a flat or brake ... Weird if it's brake thou .
  • DeadCalm
    cq20 said:

DeadCalm said:

Territory restricted. Not available in UK etc
    Doh! Thanks.

iPlayer @deadcalm

I'm not in the uk and iPlayer susses out my vpn. Time to take a virtual trip.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    Hope Dygert is okay. Cyclingnews.com making it sound like a really bad one.
    Team My Man 2022:

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    DeadCalm said:

Hope Dygert is okay. Cyclingnews.com making it sound like a really bad one.

It reminded me of Quintana's crash in a Vuelta TT a few years back
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Front wheel from that replay . Not sure if a flat or brake ... Weird if it's brake thou .

Is she not on discs? That shoot is not suited to time trialling, where they pump the tyres at 140 PSI
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Dygert ruining my PTP... Not having a lot of luck!