TDF 2020 - Stage 13: Châtel-Guyon - Pas de Peyrol (Le Puy Mary) 191.5km *Spoilers*

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    COVID Job it may be but there is such a sense of satisfaction when someone returns their cup and says, "Wow, I never knew coffee could taste like that"...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,847
    edited September 2020
    Powless sneaks off on the descent
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Hugh to.counter if he is caught
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Ineos on the front
  • Ineos go to the front. Interesting. Maybe they weren't bluffing with Sivakov up the road for Bernal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

Ineos go to the front. Interesting. Maybe they weren't bluffing with Sivakov up the road for Bernal.

Part of the bluff playing it out 🤔😉
  • mididoctors
    Powless riding away
  • Thought Ineos would let JV tire themselves out longer.
  • mididoctors
    JA hasn't got it this year he should be all over that shachmann move
  • mididoctors
    Powless should be pretty fresh out of that group
  • mididoctors
    Soler.. ja is nailed dan Martin follows
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    🎶Schachmann schenck mir ein foto...🎶
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Jaysus that's a technical descent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Pace is quite high.
  • Mmmmm, that descent could cause a few brown shorts moments for the peloton.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    Do not enjoy Schachmann's head wobble likes he's permanently saying no.
  • davidof said:

Mollema was the rider who ended up in the hedge.
    Looked to be a wrist rather than collarbone.

broken wrist ? that's the rest of the season gone if confirmed
    Now confirmed I think.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Ineos being ineos
  • rick_chasey
    edited September 2020
    Sky setting a high pace now

Edit: ah just for the descent.
  • mididoctors
    Ineos pressures on the tech descent
  • Do Ineos just want prime position on the descent, or is this all the start of something more? Jumbo didn't really seem to compete to be at the head of the race there.
  • mididoctors
    Ineos may come off the bottom of the descent with gaps
  • rick_chasey

Do Ineos just want prime position on the descent, or is this all the start of something more? Jumbo didn't really seem to compete to be at the head of the race there.

Latter me thinks.

Roglic is better downhill than Bernal and it's not like they don't have one of the best descenders in the peloton in their line (WvA).
  • Yeah, didn't expect Ineos to try and take time on the descent, but wondered if they're starting to find out what legs Jumbo have.
  • mididoctors
    Powless and shachmann not coming back
  • They're still on the front and they're not going downhill anymore, so I guess that answers the question.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470

Do Ineos just want prime position on the descent, or is this all the start of something more? Jumbo didn't really seem to compete to be at the head of the race there.

Latter me thinks.

Roglic is better downhill than Bernal and it's not like they don't have one of the best descenders in the peloton in their line (WvA).
    Bernal's a great descender.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors

They're still on the front and they're not going downhill anymore, so I guess that answers the question.

Small roads you can cause a lot of pain behind
  • mididoctors
    gsk82 said:

Latter me thinks.

Bernal's a great descender.
    I would rate them both in the same class
  • mididoctors
    I can tell you who is great descender thou .