TDF 2020 - Stage 13: Châtel-Guyon - Pas de Peyrol (Le Puy Mary) 191.5km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    50x11 said:

Long way to Paris for Bennett . Is Bora's best chance is too wear him.down and make him.miss the cut in the Alps somewhere ? Think He will drag himself home today but not looking great

Why he's in the same position as Sagan?
    Not following you
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

50x11 said:

Long way to Paris for Bennett . Is Bora's best chance is too wear him.down and make him.miss the cut in the Alps somewhere ? Think He will drag himself home today but not looking great

Not following you
    The Velon tracker has them both struggling at the back of the peloton. I'd say right now Sagan isn't much stronger.
  • mididoctors
    50x11 said:

50x11 said:

Not following you
    The Velon tracker has them both struggling at the back of the peloton. I'd say right now Sagan isn't much stronger.
    Ah right . Sagan will be ok .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • 50x11

50x11 said:

50x11 said:

Not following you
    Yeah I'm sure he will. I've turned on the TV now. Bennet looks dramtic at the back, but not sure what his normal climbing style is. Com's saying more sprinters already out the back.
  • mididoctors
    50x11 said:

50x11 said:

50x11 said:

Not following you
    Yeah I'm sure he will. I've turned on the TV now. Bennet looks dramtic at the back, but not sure what his normal climbing style is. Com's saying more sprinters already out the back.
    I think Bennett will make it .. has the motivation . Longest week.of his life thou
  • 50x11
    Good to see Sivakov in the break, got a lot of time for him, big fan of him.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    edited September 2020
    Bardet down and probably out. Quintana down

Edit: Bardet's going again
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    Bardet crash
  • Ooops.
    Chute and Bardet is lying on the ground.
    Crossed wheels with Nairo Q who also tasted tarmac
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Bit dazed but back up
  • Bardet looked a bit wadladie there!
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Balls. Poor Bardet.

Mollema involved too apparently.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    Bardet pedalling fine
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Mollema abandoned.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    Landa from Neronne - Come on Landisimo!
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Mollema was the rider who ended up in the hedge.
    Looked to be a wrist rather than collarbone.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    DeadCalm said:

Mollema abandoned.

Ah sh!t.

I was about to say I really felt like the Tour had arrived as I'd seen an advondetappe interview with him where he says not much and he's going for top 10.

According to Renaat, Lotto have their work cut out to get Ewan in under the time limit.
  • It looks like everyone is toeing the J.V. line at present. I’ll wait until the lumps, but today is not the time to piss about. If they do, and no ( G.C.) contender goes for a punishment push, it confirms my suspicion that no one ( of any relevance) gives a shit, until the I.T.T.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036

Mollema was the rider who ended up in the hedge.
    Looked to be a wrist rather than collarbone.

broken wrist ? that's the rest of the season gone if confirmed
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Jono HB suddenly went way more "raaaa" when he started talking about rugby... 😋
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020
    Is roglic losing chances to increase his buffer to long range attackers in the Alps
  • Madouas giving us a prime example as to why the french can't win a modern Tour.
    A big wasted effort in the middle of nowhere, ending in the inevitable result.

Took the Cat 2 points and then sat up a bit after, no?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Madouas giving us a prime example as to why the french can't win a modern Tour.
    A big wasted effort in the middle of nowhere, ending in the inevitable result.

Took the Cat 2 points and then sat up a bit after, no?
    And just took second on the cat 3 after Rolland.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612

Is roglic losing chances to increase his buffer to long range attackers in the Alps

Henk Lubberding was lamenting the rigidity in Roglic's tactics and missing opportunities to test Bernal's legs to see where he's at, in order to inform tactical decisions later on.

Thinks it's too much of a gamble to go into the big set piece stages just hoping your rival's legs aren't there. You ought to have an inclination.
  • 50x11 said:

50x11 said:

50x11 said:

Not following you
    I think Bennett will make it .. has the motivation . Longest week.of his life thou
    Just a reminder, Bennet is a proven competitor in the Tour. You don't get to be Lanterne Rouge (2016 - after a nasty first week crash) without having a real winner's mentality.
  • mididoctors

Henk Lubberding was lamenting the rigidity in Roglic's tactics and missing opportunities to test Bernal's legs to see where he's at, in order to inform tactical decisions later on.

Thinks it's too much of a gamble to go into the big set piece stages just hoping your rival's legs aren't there. You ought to have an inclination.
    Playing too defensive. Bernal is going to be hard to control on the big lumps? I guess one way to vindicate Jimbo here . It tends to signal weakness and encourage attacks thou .
  • mididoctors
    Look at all these climbers who could be temp allies in the Alps if they are up the road for the stage .
  • mididoctors
    The counter argument is chasing this break all day for the win could damage the team's legs to much for the third week
  • mididoctors
    Decisions decisions
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    About to start the final climb in Tirreno if you're interested
    Twitter: @RichN95