TDF 2020 - Stage 13: Châtel-Guyon - Pas de Peyrol (Le Puy Mary) 191.5km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Francois Thomaseau was saying on the podcats that Prudy lobbies every year to get Puy de Dome back
  • OK, so a couple of km of serious ascent at the end of which 1.5 will be motored by fast domestiques and the last 45 seconds will be a battle royale with GC contenders going for the smallest gear they can spin at 120 rpm...

Hardly worth bothering to see X and Y losing 3 seconds on the line
    left the forum March 2023
  • Feels like I ought to expose my ignorance and join in with the prediction game, so Quintana to attack early on the final climb. You heard it here first, and nowhere else ever again afterwards.

My PTP hope is that a break survives to the end, however I also thought this could be Quintana's day, at least in the sense he attacks successfully and causes some mild GC mayhem.
    Although one might also expect Bardet to do the same – he comes from not far away and likely knows the final climbs very well.
  • Didn't realise TJ was racing...
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,861
    Top pedaling action
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    That's a lumpy days riding
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

OK, so a couple of km of serious ascent at the end of which 1.5 will be motored by fast domestiques and the last 45 seconds will be a battle royale with GC contenders going for the smallest gear they can spin at 120 rpm...

Jaded jaded jaded man.

I love this era of racing . Best it's ever been
  • pblakeney said:

Interesting the route goes right by Puy de Dome - I still think that's a lost opportunity to market cyclo tourism but I may be biased. Such a lovely area anyone that hasn't visited really should - although don't do what I did and leave your wallet on top of the car and drive off at a petrol station in Clermont Ferrand .

Thought Puy de Dome was now off limits as a summit finish? Can't remember where I saw it though, so hopefully someone else can confirm / deny.
    In the OP.
    "The most visited site in Auvergne is also, as a result, the most visited Massif Central summit by the Tour since the Puy de Dome is no longer accessible."
    See! I do read them!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited September 2020
    The race is in bits and they haven't even reached a catagorised climb yet.
    A lot of riders facing a long battle to avoid the dreaded OT.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Settled down a bit now, but I think it'll kick off again fairly shortly.

Might affect the race later on this - JV having to work hard to keep control and we've seen them run out of riders later on during other stages.
  • And immediately a bigger group go off including Sivakov...
  • Chasing group closing up quite quickly according to the telemetry.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141

OK, so a couple of km of serious ascent at the end of which 1.5 will be motored by fast domestiques and the last 45 seconds will be a battle royale with GC contenders going for the smallest gear they can spin at 120 rpm...

And you theory hit's the dust if GC guys go on the Nerrone
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Anyone else get the impression that the second group is a couple of riders too big to work together properly to close the gap?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,778
    ddraver said:

No one thinks JV are gonna lock it down until the last 50m and only let a group of nobodies go..?

My PTP is hoping so....
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • A whole lot of chasse patating going on.
  • The gap to the yellow jersey group is varying between a minute and two minutes constantly. It's like JV can't work out how to pace this - part of me wonders if it's the presence of Sivakov that's worrying them.
  • JV finally knock it off.

Chance for groups up the road to come together now.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    RichN95. said:

Could really go for a truffle omlette for lunch tomorrow. I'm now fixated on having omelette for lunch tomorrow.

enjoy but it is not truffade which is more like a tartiflette with truffles.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors
    Bennett could get back on here
  • mididoctors
    Break has s distance chance but people need to work
  • mididoctors
    Sivakov . What's the thinking there
  • Sivakov . What's the thinking there

Insurance? Check his feels before the Alps? Scare Jumbo into letting the break get the bonus seconds and stage?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Sivakov . What's the thinking there

Save him from the cutoff
  • mididoctors
    Long way to Paris for Bennett . Is Bora's best chance is too wear him.down and make him.miss the cut in the Alps somewhere ? Think He will drag himself home today but not looking great
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020

Sivakov . What's the thinking there

Insurance? Check his feels before the Alps? Scare Jumbo into letting the break get the bonus seconds and stage?
    I like your thinking on that jedi mind trick on jumbo

Ineos bluffed them out of the stage finish on that day last week when Lutshenko won
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020
    Ignore
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

Long way to Paris for Bennett . Is Bora's best chance is too wear him.down and make him.miss the cut in the Alps somewhere ? Think He will drag himself home today but not looking great

Why he's in the same position as Sagan?
  • Madouas giving us a prime example as to why the french can't win a modern Tour.
    A big wasted effort in the middle of nowhere, ending in the inevitable result.
  • mididoctors
    Bennett yo yo ING for the next week oufff