TDF 2020 - Stage 4: Sisteron - Orcières-Merlette 160,5 km *Spoilers*

1234568»

Comments

• ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852

Dumoulin said Roglic came to him to ask him how he was feeling at around 2km to go.

Dumoulin said he felt terrible. At the interview said he felt glad just to hang on with the front group.

I've got Tom down for a good third week.
    Half man, Half bike
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Rather than getting the win, I think Jumbo will be pleased to have seen how the other teams failed to spoil their oft seen before, final few km, win strategy...
    Half man, Half bike
  • hypster said:

I think this race has all the ingredients to make it just like the football World Cup. It's become not about winning anymore, it's about not losing. By that very nature several riders who are too scared to take a chance and attack will automatically rule themselves out for victory and settle for a top-ten finish.

It's always the way for some but I don't think this year any more than usual. You've got Bernal, Quintana, Pinot who for different reasons (Sky/Ineos don't do 2nd, would fulfil his early promise and silence the critics, first Frenchman to win since forever) have more than the obvious motivation to gamble for the top step.

I wouldn't read much into yesterday - it wasn't selective enough of a stge or a climb to make any kind of attack except a late sprint for bonuses a realistic possibility.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Yeah Wout Van Aert led out most of the way up... It was still a really big group till quite late on so it clearly wasn't that selective.