TDF 2020 - Stage 4: Sisteron - Orcières-Merlette 160,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    Not feeling the pine tree . The break are making chase duty behind a issue
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Bananamart* had a minor mechanical.

*Yes, I'm going to persist with this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Two riders over 7 foot in the break
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    Greipel dropped.
  • rick_chasey
    Benoot is a real enigma isn't he?
  • Two riders over 7 foot in the break

Have you switched over to the NBA?
  • rick_chasey
    Benoot off on the decent over the armco.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    edited September 2020

Benoot off on the decent over the armco.

His bike came off worst. By a long way.

• mididoctors
    8k plus of bike written off there
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    That'll buff out.
  • Benoot off on the decent over the armco.

His bike came off worst. By a long way.

If they're working properly as a team he'll be handing that bike over to Arndt to finish the final climb on, rather than selfishly keeping it for himself.
  • 8k plus of bike written off there

'copter-tape that back on
  • Sivakov marking Sam Bennet at the back of the race.
  • This heavy terrain is starting to take it's toll on the riders.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    That bandage has been on a long time for roglic
    Over a week
  • Thumbs up from Benoot as he drops out the back, so fortunately seems to have escaped relatively unhurt.
  • mididoctors

Sivakov marking Sam Bennet at the back of the race.

Tactical masters at ineos
  • rick_chasey
    How long has Asgreen been on the front now? Ridiculous.

Update - Neilands is solo ahead of two frenchies who's name I've already forgotten.

Peloton 1.15 behind the solo leader.
  • mididoctors
    QS have a awesome team .
  • mididoctors
    This better pay off given the work they put in
  • rick_chasey
    edited September 2020

Alaphilippe feels like the kind of teammate who you have to back hard or he'll make you regret it.

In fairness, he also delivers as his main equivalent rivals are on GC domestique duties.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    i'm quite enjoying this today
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    not having adverts is a definite improvement
  • rick_chasey
    2k to go to the climb.

All the usual suspects near the front.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    david37 said:

not having adverts is a definite improvement

Agree. Though Kirby - Smith combo leaves much to be desired... Kirby seems to have developed a tic where he breathes in through his teeth between statements. As if he's trying to taste some wine :s
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253

8k plus of bike written off there

8k to you but £500 prob to make it plus the wheels and gruppo. But it's a promotional item so costs the team nothing and prob salvage part of the groupset
  • rick_chasey
    I am secretly hoping Dumoulin shows he's the strongest Jumbo rider today - it suits him on paper, though probs not steep enough.
  • mididoctors
    Fdj coming good in the third ...don't worry
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    edited September 2020

Alaphilippe feels like the kind of teammate who you have to back hard or he'll make you regret it.

In fairness, he also delivers as his main equivalent rivals are on GC domestique duties.
    But no room for passengers in that team and some others. If you aren't going hard you are going home. Aru just got mentioned. Is he still about then? Bet Landa regrets not usurping him some years ago.