Ineos Grenadiers

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

He's just gone for the place that makes most sense for his company. He's no interest in what's best for Britain - what about him makes you think that he would?

Not necessarily Brexit related at all.

best start binning off the "Ineos is a British team" marketing banner and stop miliing the gullible cash cow....

#brexit.itsnotthatgreat
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Pross said:

Great, a Brexit thread in Pro Race in case the one in Cake Stop isn't tedious enough!!

It's the new Godwin's, isn't it? As in all threads tend towards...
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    Its not a Brexit thread though is it? Its a team Ineos thread and talking about how the owner of a so called British team lied about building his new car in Bridgend, transferred all his assets to Monaco so he doesn't pay any tax in the Uk and still markets his team as British and milks the cash cow.

#notBrexitatall
  • What's he saving up for?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,510

What's he saving up for?

Luxembourg?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    ANDY SCHLECK TO MAKE A TRIUMPHANT RETURN!!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Maybe he wants a space ship like the big boys got.
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020

What's he saving up for?

probably another super yacht or something as vacuos.

#butbutbutbutBLUEPASSPORTS
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    MattFalle said:

What's he saving up for?

probably another super yacht or something as vacuos.

#butbutbutbutBLUEPASSPORTS
    It's about much more than that. It's also about grandad not liking the Polish girl on the till in Asda. And the brown people trying to come over here on boats.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • MattFalle
    Ah - racism then?

#surelynot?
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 497
    I may be wrong, but I’m sure I read that the devolved Welsh government backed out of an agreement to upgrade the road to the factory. This was apparently a necessity.

Also, if you owned your own company, what would your decision be, given the same choices?
  • MattFalle
    roscoe said:

I may be wrong, but I’m sure I read that the devolved Welsh government backed out of an agreement to upgrade the road to the factory. This was apparently a necessity.

Also, if you owned your own company, what would your decision be, given the same choices?

Unfortunately you are wrong my learned friend - they pumped the cash in but he still decided to go.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/manufacturing/end-road-ineos-500-job-18749024

If I had my own company and had made an agreement to do something I’d stick with it but then again I’m not tax dodging Tory scum pretending to be one thing but actually doing something completely different.

#principles
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    roscoe said:

Oh, I'd make the same decision, without question. Why wouldn't you with all factors taken into account? But I don't think I'd have the face to pull out the union jack at every opportunity, back Brexit to the hilt and then piss off to Monaco for tax reasons and then base my new 'British' car production in the EU.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • MattFalle
    Whilst still maintaining that you are British and you sponsor a British cycling team and Britain is great and The Best until it comes to you paying your fricking taxes

#taxdodgingscum
  • MattFalle
    Bet you a tenner they forget to mention that it’s made in a France and plaster Union flags everywhere when they market it.

As an aside, why did they used headlights from a Fiat Multipla on it?

#myworditshonking
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 497
    I stand corrected, humble apologies
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    roscoe said:

I stand corrected, humble apologies

no worries dude!

#takeawayhisknighthood
  • MattFalle
    Must admit though its gonna be bemusing when the Ineosites start going on about a British team winning x or y or z next summer....

#confused
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,563
    MattFalle said:

Bet you a tenner they forget to mention that it’s made in a France and plaster Union flags everywhere when they market it.

#myworditshonking

They could go big on the German design and the German power train.

On another note, I drove an all electric car for the first time today. It lacked theatre.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,510
    MattFalle said:

Must admit though its gonna be bemusing when the Ineosites start going on about a British team winning x or y or z next summer....

#confused

I'm not sure who these "Ineosites" are. I think they're some sort of bogeyman you've conjured up. There are plenty here that like to see British riders do well - I myself have a soft spot for Tao, as he grew up around the corner from me - but nobody I can think of that is an Ineos "fan" as if they were a football team. I sort of quite like them as a team but I like a lot of teams. The closest anybody has come to defending Ineos the sponsor per se is to point out that they're one of many backers in the sport with dubious ethics/politics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • MattFalle
    Seriously?

Like seriously seriously?

#seriously?
  • MattFalle
    gsk82 said:

MattFalle said:

#myworditshonking

On another note, I drove an all electric car for the first time today. It lacked theatre.
    theatre?

#theatre?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,394
    ddraver said:

ANDY SCHLECK TO MAKE A TRIUMPHANT RETURN!!!!

A 32 year old man can dream
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    MattFalle said:

gsk82 said:

MattFalle said:

#myworditshonking

theatre?

#theatre?
    Yes. Theatre. I don't drive anywhere without a production of Death of a Salesman in the back seat. It passes the time. Actors need the work.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    MattFalle said:

#confused

Not sure why I'm even commenting as I don't really care, but they are a British Team, whether you like it or not, they are is based at the National Cycling Centre in Manchester, Tour Racing Ltd a British company ultimately owns them and Ineos another British company sponsor them. To suggest that they aren't British because some of their employees aren't from the UK appears a bit foolish.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    What makes a team British anyway? Take Arsenal FC for example. No-one would doubt that they are English, but they are American/Russian owned, Arab sponsored, Spanish coached with barely any English players
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • MattFalle
    flasher said:

MattFalle said:

#confused

Not sure why I'm even commenting as I don't really care, but they are a British Team, whether you like it or not, they are is based at the National Cycling Centre in Manchester, Tour Racing Ltd a British company ultimately owns them and Ineos another British company sponsor them. To suggest that they aren't British because some of their employees aren't from the UK appears a bit foolish.
    dude

they're as british as i am which ain't a lot and is paper only.

#ohnotheyaren't
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    So team Ineos now includes a 3rd of the Mercedes F1 team. Much that I dislike it in principle there’s more logic in them buying an old Mercedes factory to build the Grenadier .
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    edited April 2021

I suppose we should be glad Ratcliffe didn't get the idea
  • MattFalle
    bet the piece of junk leaks.