Ineos Grenadiers

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    edited November 2020

Pross said:

Really? I've heard lots of anti-cyclist rants as I'm sure we all have including that they get in the way and slow you down but never that they create congestion.

You obviously haven't been following the LTNs or pop-up bike lanes in the news then
    It's crazy. The anti-LTNs make a huge amount of noise, but they're actually a pretty small %age.
    Talking on behalf of the 'silent majority' innit ;)
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382

We got a bit off topic for this forum ..large part my fault ... My bad

No problem. It was refreshing to hear from someone who seems to share my views on the subject.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

We got a bit off topic for this forum ..large part my fault ... My bad

I thought it was quite refreshing to see the traditional off-season doping arguments replaced with hydrogen V batteries, Bianchi V the world, and Dowsett V Corona.
    Maybe you should review the evidence for hydrogen doping
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    daniel_b said:

And bought from Mercedes who they have links with
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    but but but wasn't Brexit meant to Make Britain Great Again and bring industry and jobs bake to Britain? And isn't Ineos a British cycling team?

#oh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

but but but wasn't Brexit meant to Make Britain Great Again and bring industry and jobs bake to Britain? And isn't Ineos a British cycling team?

#oh.

once brexit is done they can nationalise the traitors Assets. or something like that.
  • MattFalle
    Seems like Ineos man is a Man Of His Word unless it comes to money and paying his taxes....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/08/ineos-boss-opts-to-build-british-heir-to-land-rover-defender-in-france
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

#oh.

once brexit is done they can nationalise the traitors Assets. or something like that.
    or line their own pockets even more whilst at the same time bunging tbeir mates a few hundred million quid

#toryscum
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Just shows again how much the big brexiters are supporting British jobs. Ineos to France, Dyson to Singapore. What next, Johnson to offshore his baby making factory?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

Just shows again how much the big brexiters are supporting British jobs. Ineos to France, Dyson to Singapore. What next, Johnson to offshore his baby making factory?

Yup - this exactly. But I bet ya people will still cheer for Ineos the "British" team putting one up Johnny Foreigner.....

#bluepassports
    #facepalmslap
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

Yup - this exactly. But I bet ya people will still cheer for Ineos the "British" team putting one up Johnny Foreigner.....

#bluepassports
    #facepalmslap
    These people did not care about what is best for the UK, only on a course of action that would let them exploit it and line their own pockets.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Well it is an extremely lucrative opportunity.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    It's worth mentioning that many who supported Brexit in 2016 with its mild objectives will not be in favour of the dung heap we ended up with due to the personal ambitions of successive Tories.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,867
    MattFalle said:

Seems like Ineos man is a Man Of His Word unless it comes to money and paying his taxes....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/08/ineos-boss-opts-to-build-british-heir-to-land-rover-defender-in-france

The front on these people
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    Project Fear, innit. Oh no, this is reality where the losers were right and the winners wrong. Funny old world.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    But but but but but BLUE PASSPORTS
  • pblakeney
    MattFalle said:

But but but but but BLUE PASSPORTS

I feel robbed! I renewed this year and got a maroon one!

Actually happy as it's nice to be different. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    RichN95. said:

It's worth mentioning that many who supported Brexit in 2016 with its mild objectives will not be in favour of the dung heap we ended up with due to the personal ambitions of successive Tories.

And voted in by millions of people again, every one of which has a view at least as important as yours.
  • pblakeney
    edited December 2020
    david37 said:

RichN95. said:

And voted in by millions of people again, every one of which has a view at least as important as yours.
    A lot of people agreeing doesn't mean that they are right.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Why would a company build a production line for ICE vehicle in a country that is banning the sale of the internal combustion engine in 9 years time?

This is a green issue, not a Brexit one.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I don't think it's a green issue. If I read this correctly, it's more to do with an opportunity that's come up for a better factory closer to key supply lines etc. I would find it hard to believe that post-Brexit trade isn't factoring in somewhere but I don't think that's the main thing either.

That doesn't mean that Brexit isn't shite. Or that Ratcliffe isn't a hypocrital tax-avoider.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    edited December 2020
    He's just gone for the place that makes most sense for his company. He's no interest in what's best for Britain - what about him makes you think that he would?

Not necessarily Brexit related at all.
  • ddraver

. He's no interest in what's best for Britain - what about him makes you think that he would?

Advocating for an outcome of a referendum on the basis that it will improve things but then buggering off before you face the inevitable and well publicised consequences may be considered poor behaviour.

Marketing a bootiful Bwitish car for bootiful bwitish workers amd then making it in France also...
    - @ddraver
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    david37 said:

RichN95. said:

it may be as important but its wrong

#brexit.whatashambles
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042

He's just gone for the place that makes most sense for his company. He's no interest in what's best for Britain - what about him makes you think that he would?

Not necessarily Brexit related at all.

I guess he'll have an "oven ready" skilled workforce to build his car. The Smart factory is being shipped to China so that's not great for Europe as a whole.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • MattFalle
    ddraver said:

. He's no interest in what's best for Britain - what about him makes you think that he would?

Advocating for an outcome of a referendum on the basis that it will improve things but then buggering off before you face the inevitable and well publicised consequences may be considered poor behaviour.

Marketing a bootiful Bwitish car for bootiful bwitish workers amd then making it in France also...
    its not bootiful though.

its frickun' ugly and has no real purpose

#overall,itsabitcrap
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Great, a Brexit thread in Pro Race in case the one in Cake Stop isn't tedious enough!!
  • ddraver
    Pross said:

Great, a Brexit thread in Pro Race in case the one in Cake Stop isn't tedious enough!!

Fair...

Id hoped for a few more jokes about nationalising Rowe, TGH & Thomas or the like...
    - @ddraver