• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    No...

Getting concerned he might go out with a damp fizzle :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    In the strangest potential transfer of the year.... Fabio Aru to Alpecin where he'll ride some cross :D
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Save UAE 2 millio euro's
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Lachlan Morton extends for another year at EF. It seems his Giro ride has rekindled his love of road racing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    andyp said:

Lachlan Morton extends for another year at EF. It seems his Giro ride has rekindled his love of road racing.

Depends what value they place on it, but EF get quite a lot of exposure from his non-WT activities. His "alternative gone racing" videos get a lot of views, and probably from quite a different audience to people who watch WT races.
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2020
    I reckon Lachlan is pretty much carrying EF via YouTube views and likes.

Well, probably not really but I would be interested to know what economic value his appearances in the Gone Racing series have had when compared to normal race appearences. Surely it must be more than some random domestique nobody really hears about?
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,605
    Apparently EF have extended everyone.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    Yes, EF have offered a years extension to anyone whose contract was up at the end of the season
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bobmcstuff
    jam1e said:

I reckon Lachlan is pretty much carrying EF via YouTube views and likes.

Well, probably not really but I would be interested to know what economic value his appearances in the Gone Racing series have had when compared to normal race appearences. Surely it must be more than some random domestique nobody really hears about?

I reckon so (the bit about it being worth more than a random domestique). The cost is it probably reduces his availability for pro races somewhat. That and riding 700km without stopping might not be brilliant race prep...

Like I said it's a bit of a wider/different crowd than I guess would normally be interested in pro racing. And gets called out on for example the GCN show, which like it or not does get an awful lot of views, and wouldn't usually mention random domestiques.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    Lachlan seems pretty well known for a rider that doesn't have a single top ten result in a HC or WT race in Europe, so I guess he's worth the wage check.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • amrushton
    But as an advert for EF, Cannondale, Rapha he is gold.
  • ajkerr73
    ajkerr73 Posts: 318
    I thought the EF gone racing thing was a one year deal where LM and Alex Howes were given the thumbs up to do interesting stuff. Had assumed LM reappearing at the Giro was the end of that year?
  • bobmcstuff
    edited October 2020
    Not according to them, 2019 was the first year where they did a few things, 2020 they did (or planned to do) more. I guess 2019 was more of a trial than a one year deal. Every indication is that they plan to keep doing it.

https://www.efprocycling.com/lachlan-morton-renews-with-ef-pro-cycling/

As far as I remember though Lachlan rejoining in 2019 was based on taking part in this calendar.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565

Yes, EF have offered a years extension to anyone whose contract was up at the end of the season

Classy move that
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • andyp
    Simon Geschke to Cofidis.
  • amrushton
    edited October 2020
    Moscon may be on the move acc.to Inrng
  • amrushton

Nothing on Dowsett's future yet?

Thought he had got a year with AG2R
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    edited October 2020
    amrushton said:

That's been signaled for a long time. He's barely raced this season
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    amrushton said:

Who says he has another year on his contract, but I don't believe that is true. He signed a three year deal back in the autumn of 2017, so it'll expire at the end of the year. Given how little he's raced this season, it looks like he's on his way out.
  • andyp
    Looks like I got my dates wrong, he signed a three year deal in 2018.
  • bobmcstuff
    amrushton said:

Thought he had got a year with AG2R
    Source?

Would be good to hear.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Sean Yates is the new head of performance at Kometa-Xstra, Contador and Basso's team, who are stepping up to Pro Conti next season.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Ian Stannard forced to retire due to rheumatoid arthritis

https://www.ineosgrenadiers.com/article/ian-stannard-forced-to-retire
  • Not sure if this is where to put it, but NTT close to securing a new sponsor:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hope-for-ntt-pro-cycling-as-ryder-very-close-to-securing-new-sponsor/
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Interesting contrast with Bjarne Riis' recent comments, so I guess he and Doug Ryder are cutting ties where the team is concerned.

No mention of whether Ryder intends to keep the team at WorldTeam level or take it down to ProTeam. Given the team's performance history in WT races since moving up (precious few stages outside of 2016, and no one-day or GC wins whatsoever), perhaps they'd be better off doing the latter.
  • ddraver said:

Oh yeah Belstaff is Barbour International for even richer people...

I'd still like one though...
  • andyp said:

Ben O'Connor signs for AG2R-Citreon.

Although Doug Ryder seems confident NTT will have a new sponsor.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Bahrain - Merida to become Bahrain Victorious which is tempting fate somewhat
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937

Just read the cycling news article on riders out of contract. Surprised they didnt mention Dowsett.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • amrushton
    Nothing for Aru at Androni apparently