2021 Transfer rumours and facts

Comments

• 50x11 said:

Circus-Wanty taking CCC's WT license and sponsors will up budget to sign more riders.

They were hoping to get more big names from CCC but most have found contract s
    It's still two teams becoming one. That's a full squad looking for work
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio to SD Worx (new sponsors for Boels-Dolmans) on a two year deal.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157

Damn, would be sad to see Hansen go, although he is 39 so maybe about time... Apparently, he's vowed to race in 2021 https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/adam-hansen-feels-cheated-by-halted-coronavirus-season/

Hansen says he's off to do Ironman. He may still race with a smaller team.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Surprised Israel haven’t made anymore signings or have I missed them?
  • RichN95.
    Apparently Ineos are in discussion with Edvald Boasson Hagen. At this rate Bernie Eisel and Mick Rogers need to get back in training.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,557
    RichN95. said:

Apparently Ineos are in discussion with Edvald Boasson Hagen. At this rate Bernie Eisel and Mick Rogers need to get back in training.

Seems an odd one, what would be his role?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Pross said:

RichN95. said:

Seems an odd one, what would be his role?
    He's hardly road Captain material is he.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 465
    RichN95. said:

I thought they said the roster was complete?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    There appears to be an opening in the nostalgia squad...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    Not a rider, but Fran Millar has left Ineos Grenadiers as CEO to become CEO of Belstaff (another Ineos owned company)
  • ddraver
    You Sheep!

iTs beCauSe shE dIdN't gEt thE doPiNg RegIMe riGHt fOr The tOur, OBVIOUSLY!!

I don't need evidence, I just know!
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    RichN95. said:

Not a rider, but Fran Millar has left Ineos Grenadiers as CEO to become CEO of Belstaff (another Ineos owned company)

That's a bit of a sideways move - isn't Belstaff rather posh
  • Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190
    I Don’t think so. Waxed motorbike jackets .
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    They cost more than leather ones these days, where as when I was teenager they were what bikers who couldn’t afford leather wore.
  • Wanty get worldtour then lose Meurisse their best rider :/
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,602
    Matti66 said:

Start around £250, rising to £1000. They have nailed the 'men of a certain age' market.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190

Matti66 said:

Start around £250, rising to £1000. They have nailed the 'men of a certain age' market.
    Oh ok fair enough , As webbo wrote, I remember them in my youth as a worthy and well made but cheaper than leather Motor Cycle garment maker. They have rebranded then Probably made abroad! Any way I think perhaps erroneously that a handmade garment is the only ‘posh’ moniker.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,602
    Matti66 said:

Matti66 said:

Oh ok fair enough , As webbo wrote, I remember them in my youth as a worthy and well made but cheaper than leather Motor Cycle garment maker. They have rebranded then Probably made abroad! Any way I think perhaps erroneously that a handmade garment is the only ‘posh’ moniker.
    Yeah, I had a pair of the waxed over trousers, and one of their nylon jackets rather than the waxed version. That got discarded when I got a leather jacket. All absolutely practical rather than 'style'.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • ddraver
    Oh yeah Belstaff is Barbour International for even richer people...
    - @ddraver
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    50x11 said:

Pidcock confirmed for Ineos.

first of a raft of new signings, confirmed they're trying to get Dani Martínez. Interested in Conor Swift as well.

Shifting focus and moving their base from Monaco to Andorra.

All via the Telegraph

I wonder if he wishes he had waited till today to sign as he’s won another two rainbow jerseys this week..
  • ddraver
    PFP demolished the Women's Field too.

Evie Richards had a strong start in her first Senior World Champs but ended in 13th place. Isla Short, who hasn't been much to shout about until this season had a stunner to finish 5th.
    - @ddraver
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Jumbo-Visma launching a women's team next season, with Marianne Vos leading:

https://cyclingnews.com/news/marianne-vos-to-spearhead-jumbo-visma-womens-team-in-2021/
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Majka to UAE to support Pogacar. Expect more UAE announcements over the coming weeks.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    I bet Pogacar's well pleased with that, Majka's never come across as someone who's going to dig deep to help someone else. Not when there's a 3rd place in the mountains jersey and 12th on GC to be chasing.
  • RichN95.
    Sep Vanmarcke to Israel SN, official
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    RichN95. said:

Sep Vanmarcke to Israel SN, official

Wasn't expecting that one!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    Ben O'Connor signs for AG2R-Citreon.
  • Yes I saw that. He's definitely GC material. Veuillermoz has gone to Direct Energie
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,557
    He was always going to be picked up by someone with his current form. He's been excellent value in the Giro.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Nothing on Dowsett's future yet?