Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,422

If it looks like there only being four sessions or less of play left they'll have no choice but to bat for the draw imo.

Not at the rate they go at, they'll need about 180 overs to get to that total!
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    It's a very odd way to start. Not taking easy singles.
  • bobmcstuff
    Oh well that didn't last long. Maybe that 6 will be all the difference :D
  • JimD666
    Frankly the declaration at Edgbaston made more sense than not declaring last night
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    If Pakistan had done what England just did would we all be muttering about bookies?
  • bobmcstuff

If Pakistan had done what England just did would we all be muttering about bookies?

I think they just wanted to give Broad a send off.

I think Stokes might bowl today, he has got his arm warmer thingy on that he normally wears to bowl.

Ali is on the field as well.
  • surrey_commuter

I think Stokes might bowl today, he has got his arm warmer thingy on that he normally wears to bowl.

So with the weather closing in if Pakistan had given up 20 mins would we have so readily accepted such a soft in the head concept.

And let’s give them a few overs to get their eye in before unleashing some Wood thunderbolts.
  • bobmcstuff

So with the weather closing in if Pakistan had given up 20 mins would we have so readily accepted such a soft in the head concept.

And let’s give them a few overs to get their eye in before unleashing some Wood thunderbolts.
    I don't think letting the most successful opening bowling partnership in history have the new ball is especially controversial myself...
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    edited July 2023
    Was a shower here half an hour ago but came to nothing. (We'll be getting their weather a bit before them.)

I think they should have declared. It's breezy and overcast.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    edited July 2023

Wish I had his physio when I was playing sport.
  • bobmcstuff
    He was getting a lot of turn as well. Reckon they might bring Root on later as well.
  • surrey_commuter
    The crucial word there is history

In this series Jimmy has fewer wickets than Root
  • surrey_commuter

Wish I had his physio when I was playing sport.
    If cricket and football had the same drug rules as cycling there would be less dramatic recoveries
  • bobmcstuff
    edited July 2023

The crucial word there is history

In this series Jimmy has fewer wickets than Root

No point bringing Wood on such a slow pitch without the ball moving.

Anderson managed to get a couple reversing before lunch - I think they'll bring Wood on at that point.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,393

Possibly just trying to mess with Aussie heads. They would have been expecting to be told they were batting at the last minute but then had to adjust to fielding for a bit before getting batting heads back on. I was thinking about it yesterday evening and decided that was what I’d do as it wasn’t going to take much time out of the game.
  • bobmcstuff
    Well this isn't going very well.
  • JimD666
    Given up trying to get wickets. Now trying to kill them instead. Is it wrong I'm ok with that? 😇
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    We have tickets but taking a long lunch outside the ground. Sorry
  • surrey_commuter

History may show that you should have shown up on time and then had a late lunch
  • kingstongraham
    edited July 2023
    Proper rain now.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195

History may show that you should have shown up on time and then had a late lunch
    Rain now so nothing wasted
  • kingstongraham
    249 runs tomorrow needed for Australia, 10 wickets for England. Any result possible.
  • bobmcstuff

249 runs tomorrow needed for Australia, 10 wickets for England. Any result possible.

Really wish they had taken one or two yesterday, I would feel a lot more comfortable!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    I feel that to win we need one of our bowlers to have one of those days that gets remembered for years.
  • JimD666

I feel that to win we need one of our bowlers to have one of those days that gets remembered for years.

Drying up would be helpful as well.
  • bobmcstuff

Broad got 5-37 here...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,393
    More happening already so far this morning.
  • JimD666
    The other thing needed? A smidgen of luck.
  • JimD666
    Warner gone!
  • bobmcstuff
    Shame it wasn't Broad, that would have been poetic. But I'll take it lol.