Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    A bit of movement there in the air it seems. Jimmy into them already. Maybe this will all be done in 3 days this time
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,397
    Always feels odd to see a spinner, especially an off-spinner, open the bowling and even more so on the first day.
  • Pross said:

Anyone know when the last time was the same bowler took the first 7 wickets in a Test let alone a debut?

A Kiwi (Axar Patel?) did it in India last year, think he took all 10 then the first seven in the 2nd innings

then got dropped :o
  • andrew_s-2
    andrew_s-2 Posts: 53
    edited December 2022
    Ajaz Patel (10/116 & 4/106, in 2nd test)
    Axar Patel was playing for India
  • They seem happy with a lead after first innings.

More fireworks after lunch?
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Expect anything else? England have set their plans in granite. Not going to be too many surprises in how they bat. Can see any lead over 200 being tricky to chase
  • Two wickets down with a lead of 104...they need to think about this carefully now.
  • Two wickets down with a lead of 104...they need to think about this carefully now.

With a run out...
  • They've no idea where the ball is going with Abrar. He's very impressive.
  • Well he's gone now but that was a really good time for Root to come in, just settle things a little and make sure we actually set a target.
  • Well he's gone now but that was a really good time for Root to come in, just settle things a little and make sure we actually set a target.

Was a superb catch.
  • Pross
    Getting run out is stupid in this match situation.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    edited December 2022
    My brain was telling me this was day three.

281 lead with 5 second innings wickets remaining at the end of day 2 is terrific stuff.
  • JimD666
    202 in 49 overs? Test cricket is so damn slow......
  • Hope Abrar gets another couple tomorrow.
  • JimD666
    Some seriously good seam bowling by England this session.
  • Pross
    Looks like being another tight finish, 60 odd to win and 3 wickets. England should be favourite as only the bottom 4 are left.
  • JimD666
    Don't think the Pakistani tailenders have got the memo....

Fingers crossed we get over the line.
  • JimD666
    edited December 2022
    And relax again.

It's so much fun watching/listening to this England team playing Test cricket.

Absolutely no clue what will happen when we come up against the Aussies playing like this but can't wait for it. Until then going to enjoy the last match against Pakistan and the couple of games against the Kiwis in February.
  • Pross
    Just saw the catch that was given against Shakeel. That looked like it touched the ground quite comprehensively to me.
  • It always looks like it touches the ground. But that did look like it bounced off the grass.
  • JimD666
    Aussie Big Bash this morning. Sydney Thunder (chasing 140 to win) all out for 15 in 35 balls.

One of the funniest things I've seen all year.
  • JimD666 said:

Aussie Big Bash this morning. Sydney Thunder (chasing 140 to win) all out for 15 in 35 balls.

One of the funniest things I've seen all year.

I like the highest scorer being the number 10 with 4 from an inside edge that could have hit the stumps.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    5-3 from 2.5 overs is pretty handy too
  • JimD666
    As the interview with the Strikers bowler Thornton finished they handed back to the commentary team with a comment along the lines of: "That's Henry Thornton. It takes longer to say his full name than the Thunder innings lasted"

It's not quite as bad as Ebony's but still: Henry Thomas Raphael James York Thornton

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,490
    I played in a school match when out leg spinner took 7 for 3 runs and we bowled the oppo out for less than 15!
    Far from the same as a pro side though.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,804
    Interesting to see how the young lad gets on tomorrow. Think he's only played 3 first class games! Apparently he can bat a bit.
  • Mystery spinner for everyone then.
  • Pross
    Thought England would do well to break even when I checked the scores an hour or so ago. They really do have some powerful batting all the way down the order to get a healthy 50 run lead.
  • Pross
    Root opening the bowling feels odd.