Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Not going to make 500, poor showing
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    JimD666 said:

Forgot all about this. Blimey. Roy and Morgan must be a little miffed to of missed out

EDIT: ok not so much Morgan. Would of come out swinging

Morgan???

if we picked Ali, Stokes, Curran, Woakes and Livingstone he would be batting at 11
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,934

JimD666 said:

Forgot all about this. Blimey. Roy and Morgan must be a little miffed to of missed out

Morgan???

if we picked Ali, Stokes, Curran, Woakes and Livingstone he would be batting at 11
    It was more in reference to the fact he came in with 5 overs to go and we had 400+ on the board. Still he has a SR of 90+
  • Pross
    The Dutch are on a required run rate of 26 and over. I wonder what odds I can get?
  • surrey_commuter
    JimD666 said:

JimD666 said:

Morgan???

It was more in reference to the fact he came in with 5 overs to go and we had 400+ on the board. Still he has a SR of 90+
    I know, I just have a hobby horse about him not deserving a place. Nothing personal as I would happily have made him coach.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,270
    5th wicket was something new - Nicholls with a beautiful drive off Leach, but straight at Mitchell, the batsman at the non striker's end. Mitchell tries to get out of the way, but instead gets a perfect connection with the middle of his bat, and hits it straight to Lees at mid on.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620

5th wicket was something new - Nicholls with a beautiful drive off Leach, but straight at Mitchell, the batsman at the non striker's end. Mitchell tries to get out of the way, but instead gets a perfect connection with the middle of his bat, and hits it straight to Lees at mid on.

Mitchell gets it out the middle of his bat even when he's at the non striker's end!
  • JimD666
    edited June 2022

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/58516709?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=62b49139f755a85722b1efe3&&2022-06-23T16:20:18.127Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:d356f94f-17e8-45cb-9148-cb3970e0c096&pinned_post_asset_id=62b49139f755a85722b1efe3&pinned_post_type=share for anyone interested

EDIT: Didn't quite get linked how I wanted but it'll do.
  • Pross
    Fair play to Lees, did well to keep his eye on that.
  • kingstongraham
    So Boult looks unplayable - the movement he's getting is ridiculous.
  • kingstongraham

And there goes a third.
  • surrey_commuter

maybe we should have tried pitching the ball up rather than banging it in short
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,955
    Englands RR...crazy!
  • JimD666

Englands RR...crazy!

yeah but it isn't boring :smile:
  • JimD666
    I love this stat. From TMS: England's last 503 runs have come in 87 overs.🤯
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    England are so bad against the new ball, they're playing 80 over cricket.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,955
    I'm convinced the draw price doesn't take into account how many overs England's run rate has added to the game, it is still only the end of day two.
  • Pross

I'm convinced the draw price doesn't take into account how many overs England's run rate has added to the game, it is still only the end of day two.

Was going to suggest weather but bizarrely it's not so grim up north for the next few days.
  • JimD666
    From 55-6 to having a lead of 31.

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more"

Blimey
  • Pross
    It's lucky I'm not a selector, I would have dropped Bairstow before the Trent Bridge test. The run rate is ridiculous, England got their runs in about half the balls it took NZ to get their noses in front. A bit gutting for Overton missing his ton, would have been the first person (I think, possibly English player) since WG Grace to get a wicket and ton on debut.
  • Pross
    So Foakes, who couldn't take the field yesterday due to a sore back, has now tested positive for Covid meaning he can be replaced by Billings. Nothing suspicious there!

Of course the soreness may have been Covid related and aching joints were the worst symptom for me a few weeks ago.
  • JimD666
    England need 296 to win. So its either win it in 50 overs or be bowled out for under 100. No clue which way it will go but should be interesting tomorrow.

Large round of applause for Daryl Mitchell. Without his contributions NZ would of been in serious trouble in each test,
  • Pross
    Getting run out when you have 4.5 sessions to make 300 feels careless (wasn't watching / listening to know the details).
  • Pross
    Crawley finally started batting a bit then gets out. Middle order antics are still masking a problem with the openers.
  • JimD666
    113 required tomorrow. If you're going, may be worth getting there early. ;)
  • Pross
    edited June 2022
    Check before lunch and see 'no play before lunch' and England on their overnight score of 183-2 and needing 113. Check again at 2.30 to see England are 3 down and 14 runs from victory. Look to see who is out and notice Bairstow is on 60 odd so had to double check that England weren't 3 down overnight and that he was already batting. His form at present is ridiculous.

Edit - 71 off 44 balls! Must be gutted he ran out of runs to chase
  • kingstongraham
    Got his 50 off 30 deliveries.
  • Pross
    Strange series, apparently the average first innings difference between the sides' scores was the closest in any series in history and yet England have won each match relatively comfortably (the first test didn't feel that comfortable though as we were used to the 'old' England).
  • kingstongraham
    Then finished off the last 10 required with a late cut for 4 and a slog for 6. Bracewell just wasn't presenting any challenge for him.
  • Pross
    Declaration bowling in the 4th innings is a bit of an odd tactic.