Whinges about the new forum

Comments

• joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    I'm afraid so..............,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,.............................. .....
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
    ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
    ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    I’m afraid so…………….,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,.............................. .....
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
    ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
    ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I don't need any addons - we use Pihole in the office - can't find the IP address of plenty of sites ;)
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    pangolin said:

Is that honestly what it looks like in a browser without any add-ons? Wow.

What's an add-on?
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Come on for gods sake ! this is awful.

Surely the powers that be must realise how bad this forum format is.
    It's frigging painful
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Unfortunately this is one of those things that its very common for organisations to press on regardless. If they gave up too easily on IT projects with complaints then nothing would get done, so they try to resolve those things to the point of people stop complaining or go away. They have invested to much to admit defeat. The silence here these days is overwhelming though and I would suggest some serious discussions take place about the best way forward though.

Right now my guess is they have been hoping that when they get things to an acceptable state, many of the old prolific users will check in periodically and eventually find something they can live with and come back. I am not sure if it hasnt gone too far for that now unfortunately.

Its like the soul has been ripped out of what was a lively and loyal group...
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    sniper68 said:

Oli-admin seems to have thrown the towel in.Not posted for days.
    MTBR/RBR are my go to Fora now.Cyclechat and Cycling UK are OK too.All four of them are a much more user friendly format.
    Bike radar is dead I'm afarid.

Yep - Sad but true. You can't expect people to use it in its current format.
    Time to move on.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,723
    kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

MTBR/RBR are my go to Fora now.Cyclechat and Cycling UK are OK too.All four of them are a much more user friendly format.

Time to move on.
    Let's hope the admin folks are reading this.

In the meantime I'm going to check out some of those other forums.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Longshot
    Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

Cycle UK looks right up your street - it has all your favourite threads and some new targets to educate :)
  • Stevo_666
    Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

Cycle UK looks right up your street - it has all your favourite threads and some new targets to educate :)
    Thans for the tip LS. (Heads off to look at cycling UK)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

Cycling UK.....even I keep getting posts deleted and threatened with a ban on there!!!
    VERY strange moderation.
  • Longshot
    sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

Cycling UK.....even I keep getting posts deleted and threatened with a ban on there!!!
    VERY strange moderation.
    I have to say that, having read a few of the posts there, I'm not sure I'm so keen. Still, it's fairly active which is more than you can say for many of the alternatives.

Come on BR, please get this forum back to something close to its previous guise.
  • sniper68
    edited December 2019
    Longshot said:

sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.
    I have to say that, having read a few of the posts there, I'm not sure I'm so keen. Still, it's fairly active which is more than you can say for many of the alternatives.

Come on BR, please get this forum back to something close to its previous guise.
    I think the average age of members on there is about 65!
    Mainly old tourers.It was originally the CTC Forum.
    I had a post deleted for telling someone he’d written rubbish.The word used was actually rubbish.Not Carp or sh!te but rubbish.
    The reason?
    Telling someone they talk rubbish is offensive!
  • Longshot
    sniper68 said:

Longshot said:

sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.

I had a post deleted for telling someone he’d written rubbish.The word used was actually rubbish.Not Carp or sh!te but rubbish.
    The reason?
    OK, thank you. I didn't realise it was the old CTC forum. That explains the smell of wee.
  • Stevo_666
    sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.
    I'm not too worried about that. A few years ago we had to put up with some pretty poor and oppressive moderating on here.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Where's the old "Egosearch" function - looking for threads that I've commented in, not threads that I've started, as is given when I click on "my discussions".

Frustrating.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • sniper68
    Gave it a couple of weeks,just popped in to see if owts changed........nope....still sh!te :(
  • Stevo_666
    sniper68 said:

Gave it a couple of weeks,just popped in to see if owts changed........nope....still sh!te :(

Groundhog Day in Bike Radar...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,363
    Stevo_666 said:

sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.
    I'm not too worried about that. A few years ago we had to put up with some pretty poor and oppressive moderating on here.
    It's fine now I'm not a mod :D
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.
    I think you know who I was referring to ;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,363
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.
    Indeed, but from my perspective not doing anything is great.
    The most active mod stopped posting as soon as he lost his banstick, he wasn’t the most vocal one.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.
    The most active mod stopped posting as soon as he lost his banstick, he wasn’t the most vocal one.
    I know who you mean. Glad he's not in a position of power over us any more: the point that he disappeared as soon as he lost his magic powers tell us a lot about what made him tick.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    I see absolute dates of posts have been removed, so now you only see the time of a post if it was today, or the month of a post if it was older.
    I guess that's a simple way of hiding the slow death of this forum.
  • fffff
  • Nah, it doesn't work, I am off.
  • Byeeeee
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.
    I know who you mean. Glad he's not in a position of power over us any more: the point that he disappeared as soon as he lost his magic powers tell us a lot about what made him tick.
    Velonutter? Proper helmet, if so..

• Longshot said:

sniper68 said:

Longshot said:

sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.

The reason?
    OK, thank you. I didn't realise it was the old CTC forum. That explains the smell of wee.
    F*ck off you ageist C*nt
  • Longshot

Longshot said:

sniper68 said:

Longshot said:

sniper68 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

kingrollo said:

sniper68 said:

Time to move on.

VERY strange moderation.

The reason?
    F*ck off you ageist C*nt
    No. It was a joke, get over it. I'm not exactly young myself.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    edited January 2020
    Think I will give cyclechat a go, might even have a very old account that has barely been used.
    I'll come back periodically to see if anyone is still here and or things have improved.

EDIT: Just found my account - Dan Lotus (Created in 2018 apparently, but I have no real recollection)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18