Please report new forum bugs here

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I have a problem to report rather than a bug as such from the Pro Race section. As you may know there is a very good young British cyclist called Tom Pidcock. But because of the last four letters of his surname any post mentioning him has get assessed by a moderator before it turns up and hour or later. You can save yourself a lot of work over the next decade by fixing this.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • 100%
    100% Posts: 236
    Hi,

I've been away from the forum a long time it seems - last time I logged in the forum didn't require your email address as username to log in :smile:

Anyway, wanted to report that I couldn't log in with the old username/pass combo, or my (correct) email address/password combination. Reset the password last night, still no joy with the email+new password this morning (passwords are random and coming from a password store so not finger trouble).

I've just gone through the password reset process again and it's worked fine so it seems like there's either a problem resetting passwords or 'old' users need to run the process more than once?

Cheers,
    Steve
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146

I think this must be a chrome/android issue however it's only happening on the bikeradar forum:

Found a workaround by disabling scripts in Chrome. Forum loads much faster now too so win win.

I suspect there's a downside to this that I'll pay for later.
  • Multiple reports of the same poster's abusive posts doesn't seem to do anything.
  • Simon_M_Londoner
    Simon_M_Londoner Posts: 2
    edited October 2020
    Seems like you can't delete posts, only edit them.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Stevo666 emailed me as he ca't seem to log in:

"Error 503 Backend is unhealthy

Backend is unhealthy

Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-lcy19242-LCY 1607272477 1514542095

Varnish cache server

Looked that up and it seems to mean there is a problem at the BR server end.

And I've also had an occasional Error 504 gateway timeout. "

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    I'm getting the same issues on my PC, using Firefox on Windows 10. Posting this from my phone.
  • pinno said:

Stevo666 emailed me as he ca't seem to log in:

"Error 503 Backend is unhealthy

Backend is unhealthy

Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-lcy19242-LCY 1607272477 1514542095

Varnish cache server

Looked that up and it seems to mean there is a problem at the BR server end.

And I've also had an occasional Error 504 gateway timeout. "

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

@pinno ,

Can you e-mail @Stevo_666 and ask him to try this URL and see if his access works?

https://forum.bikeradar.com/categories/the-cake-stop

The old URL used to be a forum ID and I suspect it is something to do with the redirection (old URL is here - https://forum.bikeradar.com/viewforum.php?f=40088)

If this works, he'll need to update all of his BR shortcuts
  • pinno
    Shall do, cheers.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    edited December 2020
    I'm back :smile:

Thanks to Pinno, Coopster, V68 for the help and suggestions. Not sure how or why, it just started working again after about 48 hours of 'unhealthy backend' messages. If I disappear again soon you'll know why...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    When dealing with an unhealthy back end you can take your phone with you
  • pinno

When dealing with an unhealthy back end you can take your phone with you

Although I don't want pics. Ta.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Preview button not working properly? Instead of showing the preview inline as it should appear (apart from the poor formatting that preview has always had) it sometimes brings up a page with just the new post on it, no edit button (just preview/save draft/post) and does not format the preview correctly. Possibly only happens when quoting but not sure.
  • Preview button not working properly? Instead of showing the preview inline as it should appear (apart from the poor formatting that preview has always had) it sometimes brings up a page with just the new post on it, no edit button (just preview/save draft/post) and does not format the preview correctly. Possibly only happens when quoting but not sure.

I've been having problems of late when quoting, just get a blank page with an empty text box. Not always, just sometimes, have to keep using the browser back button
  • crossed
    crossed Posts: 237
    The notification icon at the top of the screen isn't working. Instead of opening up the notifications panel it opens up my user profile.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway error when I try to log in on my computer (I'm posting on my phone as I was already logged in). It's been happening for a couple of days at least.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    edited March 2021
    09.02.2021 When I click the 'Like' on a post I get removed from the thread and an error is shown, incorrectly. When I eventually get back to where I was before being wisked away, the like I checked, worked as expected.

error:

Edit: This is still a problem for me, now 24.03.2021
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Adding pictures embedded from local drive are randomly rotated when the post in the thread shows up.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    @oli_admin*

Is there any chance of *any* technical people checking this out? Picture posting is now stupidly random.

Easily worst forum formatting software ever used. Saw better 20 years ago.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • I've just registered and the 'edit profile' bit does not allow me to change my username. I didn't even choose this user name. The website chose it for me when I registered using my google account. There isn't even a 'contact webmaster' option to get this issue resolved, hence why I'm having to appeal for assistance on this forum ( no other choice )
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    @oli_admin* - prove you are still alive by responding to this thread.

Also, the report thread function is not working.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    To clarify - it's either not working, or it is working, but you are ignoring the reports. Not sure what's worse..
  • probing the HTTP/3 attack surface how can solve this
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,314
    edited February 2022
    Adding some formatting to text, like making a word italic, now inserts a line break after that word. Editing the post it does not seem to be able to remove this.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin
    This is a better example
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin
    Clicking "see previous quotes" sometimes reloads the page and takes you to the top
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    edited March 2022
    I've found the putting any word into bold or italics forces 'carriage return', and subsequent words appear on a new line.

I don't suppose it will work for me now but this is what I mean

The older I get, the better I was.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Typing anything automatically saves the message as a draft if you don't click post, and there's no way to stop this, or delete all the saved draft messages without spamming the forum with blank posts.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,920
    thistle_ said:

Typing anything automatically saves the message as a draft if you don't click post, and there's no way to stop this, or delete all the saved draft messages without spamming the forum with blank posts.

bumping this in the vain hope something will get done