Please report new forum bugs here

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    edited March 2020
    On iPad with recent iOS

Using “quote “ doesn’t move view to the text entry window, so I then need to scroll down the page to see the reply box unless I’m replying to last post.

Preview function shows all thread, but these get hidden on actual post (which is what I want, but would like to see a real preview).

Quoting from a previous page shows my post on the early page until I page forward to end of thread.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Not really a bug but is it possible to make the signature font size a bit smaller - it's a bit distracting and it takes up quite a bit of space over a number of posts?
    Ta.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    When I click on a thread title it takes me, like it should, to the first new post since I was last there.

For about 3.5 seconds, then the page jumps down a screenful or two so I'm seeing a post about 3 posts old.

Just really annoying.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    I thought I was the only one experiencing this.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Keeps making me login
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,316
    Yes have to log in much more regularly now
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin
    Same again today...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • dabber
    In fact it logs me out when navigating around different threads when I was still logged in.

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,437
    I'm constantly having to log in too, very annoying!
  • pangolin
    Again today.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • dabber
    And still for me

• pangolin
    And again. Wonder if it's 'forgetting' our cookie preferences too.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Why tf does this website keep logging me out randomly between pages? iPadOs 13.4.1.

C'mon get a grip.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    And again. FFS. Oi techies get yer sh1t sorted. Is not difficult. Jeez.
  • pangolin
    Yep, twice more since my last post
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Not always, but often:
    When I get to the end of a thread and hit the back button to return to the forum homepage, the screen goes blank and reloads exactly the same page I was on.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Switched on in preference but not getting any email notifications.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    edited July 2020
    I can't log out any more. :(

I usually "mark all viewed" then "sign out".

I get the little box informing that all has been viewed, but the "sign out" no longer signs me out.

Edit 1: I have discovered that if I replace the page with another (Google for example), then page back to the this Forum, and THEN logout, it works!
    Edit 2: Err no, it is not reliable, sometime it works, but mostly not. Probably is just coincidence.
    Edit 3: I have discovered that even when I log out and the web page reports me as logged out, when I later return to the page I'm still logged in!!
    Edit 4: I just thought I had successfully logged out, the web page says "Hang on a sec while we log you out" (may have said sign you out). Screen goes blank very briefly and then returns, with me still logged in!!!!
    Edit 5: If I return to Forum Home and sign out it works. But when I return to the Bike Radar Forum, I find that I'm already logged in!! So was I ever really logged out?
    Edit 6: Well it did, three times running, but not a fourth. I give up! I am really reluctant to leave a website still logged in, it is not secure.
    Edit 7: I have deleted all Bike Radar cookies and I still can't log out!

This needs fixing. :)
  • Hi i am unable to change my user name have tried about 4 times still showing my email address please help to resolve.
  • froze
    froze Posts: 203
    the new forum format, or layout, SUCKS!! I can't find anything, it's not like a typical forum. In your quest to be different and unique you made so I personally don't want to come back, it's just too difficult to follow.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    I cannot sign out.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    @oli_admin @George_Scott

Why does this forum randomly kick people off? You’ve never answered that query despite it being raised on this page often.

Why when I try and log back in do I frequently get “there was a problem, please return to the home page” message.?

Why do I have to be logged in to BikeRadar and *separately* to the forums?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    @oli_admin* If it helps any, I only use Safari browser, on desktop and mobile devices. Browsers are on automatic update so should be always latest version. I rarely bother with clearing cookies on any device, and the log out issue is more common on the mobile platform than desktop. Having said that, it doesn't appear repeatable from anything I do.
  • Wheelspinner
    @oli_admin* Fail. Kicked off mobiles again yesterday, and same sign-on issues with the “problem” message.

Requires log in on BR home page before the log in on Forum will work. Just stupid design.
  • alfredwilliam0809
    edited August 2020
    Yeah, it's not loading properly on mobiles yet
    vidmate teatv shareit
    (Chrome or Edge on a pixel)
  • @oli_admin* the option to upload images is set to URL only in the selling road bikes section. So sellers can't upload pictures!
  • BenHope
    BenHope Posts: 16
    @oli_admin* can you help me get photos uploaded. only option in selling road bikes is to use URL. Cant pick from file or drag and drop. HELP pease
  • The sky adverts lock up the screen on mobile. Every other advert fine but if a sky one is present it locks up.
  • As much I have used bikeradar forum. I found it perfectly well and didn't face any issues. However, your account approval process is a little bit slower than normal
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    I think this must be a chrome/android issue however it's only happening on the bikeradar forum: