- @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,782
    ademort wrote:
    Trentim,s got this one sewn up.

You were saying? Trentin did a Pidcock
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    What odds would you have got on that eh.

Trentin looked the freshest but went too early. Just didn’t have it. Classy rider.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    That's a course that takes the energy out of the very, very best and Trentin looked like he was riding through treacle at the end, well done to Pedersen, superb ride. And well done to the Trentin and Kung, great race.
  • Pross
    Surprised so many people were calling it early having seen the last couple of days.
  • Someone check on NotADoc!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,965
    3 Danes in top 10!
    Tao beat Allaphillipe
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,101
    Fantastic!
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Really good race in the end. It's funny what a bit of weather, the extra distance of a Worlds and a course that gives you no respite can do.
  • Pross wrote:
    If Trentin doesn't get this, well...

I've lost track of how many riders have suddenly cracked on this circuit in the last few days. His legs could go at any time.

You were saying?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    any reason why Mr G4 security is being such a burke there ? seems to be physically dragging Pedersen along
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,011
    Paging notadoctor!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    Twitter suggests this is a massive surprise....is it?

Hardcore race of attrition won by rider who has suffered the least. Pretty standard no?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tonyf34
    Pross wrote:
    Surprised so many people were calling it early having seen the last couple of days.
    Quite, even Boardman et al were banking that MT was going to win this, it's never over until it's over and today was a brutal course as shown by vdP absolutely bonking like a newbie!
    Superb course choice and glad the weather was what it was, it really sorts out the top, top riders.
  • bflk
    bflk Posts: 240
    Superb race!
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    If Trentin doesn't get this, well...

I've lost track of how many riders have suddenly cracked on this circuit in the last few days. His legs could go at any time.

You were saying?

Nice to get one right for a change. Also, riders who had been going well in recent weeks seemed to have taken too much out of their legs (MvdP being the most obvious).
  • tonyf34
    awavey wrote:
    any reason why Mr G4 security is being such a burke there ? seems to be physically dragging Pedersen along
    Holding him up, and they were walking downhill so wanted to get through the crowds quickly, not that big a deal was it, pedersen didn't look as if it was a problem.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    tonyf34 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Quite, even Boardman et al were banking that MT was going to win this, it's never over until it's over and today was a brutal course as shown by vdP absolutely bonking like a newbie!
    Superb course choice and glad the weather was what it was, it really sorts out the top, top riders.

They were also suggesting Sagan could bring back 50 seconds in 500 metres though.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tonyf34
    TGH is absolutely broken, good effort son.
    Commentator, just leave it, you've asked him three times now ffs!
  • ddraver
    Subtext of Sagan on the BBC - "FFS do I really have to do an interview now? I did naff all!! Leave me alone!!"

Likewise TGH is clearly frozen cold, let him warm up and then speak to him
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    TGH (to paraphrase) '**** off and stop asking stupid questions, I need to get showered and warm up'
  • Pross
    Interviewer to all riders: "tell us how brilliant the British crowds were for standing in the rain while you were just riding a bike"
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,011
    It’s Mads OCDuPalais then?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,965
    Yep, interviewer asking 3 or 4 too many questions - poor journalism
  • ddraver
    Rochelle's make up still on fleek...
    - @ddraver