TDF Stage 19, Stage 19: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne > Tignes 26/07/2019 - 126,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    I really don’t understand the “farce” comments. If you look at the road conditions they had to neutralise the stage and the Iseran is the last place where they had timing
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    EAaPX8FX4AEUNmo?format=png

EAaPKevXsAAIhpm?format=png
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    cq20 wrote:
    I really don’t understand the “farce” comments. If you look at the road conditions they had to neutralise the stage and the Iseran is the last place where they had timing
    There may be good reasons for it, but it's still a farce
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    I think its an ok decision. maybe plan a better protocol
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Thomas to follow his school mate's example, sit out the contract, take the money, has a totally not-ars-d face.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Well I guess it's not a proper TdF unless there's some high farce. We haven't had much yet, other than Rowe & Martin. No buses stuck or collapsible flamme rouges (is it something about the Yates brothers being in with a shout of a stage win that does it?).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • richard_t._biscuit
    richard_t._biscuit Posts: 246
    edited July 2019
    Only farcical in regards to nature. I think it was dealt with a well as possible and in the only way it could be. Some confusion was inevitable.
  • RichN95.
    Maybe, like the Giro, the Tour will reconsider super high mountains
  • RichN95 wrote:
    The weather didn't happen in a super high part of the race.
  • RichN95.
    edited July 2019
    Does Ned Boulting not realise that there was another climb to go today. This hasn't effected Alaphilippe more than anyone, it may have saved his podium.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Is this some sort of bizarre climate change protest?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    They should re-ride the complete stage on Zwift. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    RichN95 wrote:

I think that would be a daft idea.
  • mididoctors
    got to be in it to win it.. pinot packing gave the tour to Ineos. no one except pinot could go with bernal. if pinot followed then the race would be pinned helping alaphillipe.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I think that would be a daft idea.

superfreaky storm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    RichN95 wrote:

Even so, it's late July. The Tour has been over the Col de la Bonette since then and the last time a stage got chopped up was in 1996.

A good day for Ineos, Thomas, not so much.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    RichN95 wrote:
    Does Ned Boulting not realise that there was another climb to go today. This hasn't effected Alaphilippe more than anyone, it may have saved his podium.

maybe everyone else went too deep and he would have hung on? (not really) we are never going to know
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Well I guess it's not a proper TdF unless there's some high farce. We haven't had much yet, other than Rowe & Martin. No buses stuck or collapsible flamme rouges (is it something about the Yates brothers being in with a shout of a stage win that does it?).
    I like a bit of farce in the Tour. It's part of the show!
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    RichN95 wrote:

Even so, it's late July. The Tour has been over the Col de la Bonette since then and the last time a stage got chopped up was in 1996.

on the ... Iseran
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors
    south america doing well at this GT thing
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Alaphillipe is the main winner out of this, he would likely have lost a stack of time on the last climb.

Bernal/Thomas - who knows? I suspect GT thinks he could have attacked his group and taken back time on EB, who probably thinks he could have extended his lead.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,307
    All to play for then tomorrow?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

maybe everyone else went too deep and he would have hung on? (not really) we are never going to know
    Maybe, but I was looking up how far ahead of Landa he was on GC
  • I think (and it's super subjective) in terms of roughly reflecting the relative strengths of the GC riders thus far and how they looked during the stage to this point, the result as taken could be a lot worse.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    What on earth... I just got in and, errrr?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mididoctors
    lets talk about it forever :D
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    RichN95 wrote:

They're saying it was at the foot of the descent?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    It's lovely and sunny in Serre Chevalier.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    It's lovely and sunny in Serre Chevalier.

I think they are thinking of starting the lifts up in Val d'Isère.
  • mididoctors
    amrushton wrote:
    All to play for then tomorrow?

Ineos just defend. G attacks if he can..he can't the end.

Movistar have run out of batteries

jumbo?