Tour build up 2019

1234568»

Comments

• awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Does it make that much difference? Bigla have done the same for the Giro Rosa, but the pro hot weather gear is basically a tea bag style mesh anyway and the big disadvantage is white lycra goes transparent and see thru when it gets wet
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Happy Days.
    Vive le Velo is back and a day early.
    Strong line up tonight with Oliver Naesen and Robbie McEwen.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Is Armstrong doing The Move?? :)
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Yes. The preview with Hincapie is out. Armstrong is tipping Fuglsang to win.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Cheers for that. Think that George is the guru as its a running joke how Lance gets it wrong. Bless the old goat.
    Interesting show though. :)
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    AndyRAC wrote:
    Personally, there should be rules for kit colours, and even an 'away' or alternate jerseys; also enables the possibility of more merchandise.......
    Team Once used to do that. All year in standard yellow jerseys, pink for the Tour.
    I still wear a mid 90s yellow one that is in perfect nick. :P 8)
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    RichN95 wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Yes. The preview with Hincapie is out. Armstrong is tipping Fuglsang to win.

He won’t make top 5
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    jerry3571 wrote:

I couldn't watch it all. Armstrong getting progressively drunk regretting making the come back attempt written all over him in a back yard in santa Fe.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    jerry3571 wrote:

I couldn't watch it all. Armstrong getting progressively drunk regretting making the come back attempt written all over him in a back yard in santa Fe.
    You must have watched a different episode to me.
  • RichN95.
    jerry3571 wrote:

You must have watched a different episode to me.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    What time is kick off today?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Pross wrote:
    What time is kick off today?

Roll out is at 11. Official start is 25 minutes after that.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Louise Llewellyn

@LouiseLlewell11
    Follow Follow @LouiseLlewell11
    More
    Evan would like to thank his hero @MarkCavendish and @petatodd for making his dream come true! The experience they have just given him will last a life time- I don’t know what to say ... THANK YOU!
    https://twitter.com/LouiseLlewell11/sta ... 0278932481
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    Cav being left out was the team owner's decision against Aldag's wishes. Aldag said he was going well in training. I struggle to see who Di-Da have who will do better.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Maybe he feels he's been strung along about Cav for too long - to be fair if Cav really is going better than 2016 which Aldag claims why hasn't he shown it in the build up?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Maybe he feels he's been strung along about Cav for too long - to be fair if Cav really is going better than 2016 which Aldag claims why hasn't he shown it in the build up?

He was put on a training block instead of a racing block.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross

Question remains though, is his replacement more likely to get a result and if not will they get the team more publicity which is ultimately what it's all about? I don't see it myself.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,435
    Pross wrote:

Question remains though, is his replacement more likely to get a result and if not will they get the team more publicity which is ultimately what it's all about? I don't see it myself.

You could argue they're already getting more publicity by ditching Cav...
  • Pross
    Thinking ahead, if the race goes into the mountains with Ineos still having joint leaders in contention they are looking a bit light on mountain domestiques by their usual standards.
  • rick_chasey
    andyp wrote:

Movistar have had the talent on the bike but not in the car to do so. There are suggestions the addition of Sciandri as DS has changed that, but I think the jury's out so far.

He's got a 100% win record so far. I think if anyone suggested before the Giro that Movistar would place riders in first and fourth and control the race through the final week, they would have been mocked. Their tactics at the Giro were far superior to anything they've done in the past few seasons.

This is mean as I have regularly made terrible predictions, but today was not a great Movistar day...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    andyp wrote:

Movistar have had the talent on the bike but not in the car to do so. There are suggestions the addition of Sciandri as DS has changed that, but I think the jury's out so far.

He's got a 100% win record so far. I think if anyone suggested before the Giro that Movistar would place riders in first and fourth and control the race through the final week, they would have been mocked. Their tactics at the Giro were far superior to anything they've done in the past few seasons.

This is mean as I have regularly made terrible predictions, but today was not a great Movistar day...

Reverting to type. Was Sciandri in the lead car today?
  • rick_chasey
    andyp wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Reverting to type. Was Sciandri in the lead car today?

They haven’t taken him to the Tour.

Too important innit.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Pross wrote:
    Thinking ahead, if the race goes into the mountains with Ineos still having joint leaders in contention they are looking a bit light on mountain domestiques by their usual standards.

On yesterday's evidence...yes
    Half man, Half bike
  • Pross
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Feels like TGH would have been a better choice than Moscon.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Pross wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Always.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Always.

Like him or not Moscon did a great job last year. He's been off form all season though and Kwia doesn't look his usual self either.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Pross wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Always.

Like him or not Moscon did a great job last year. He's been off form all season though and Kwia doesn't look his usual self either.
    Moscon did a good job until he was disqualified. Fair enough though. The 'always' comment was motivated by my feelings about the two riders but I'd still prefer TGH generally in my team if they were on similar form due to temperament. This year, TGH has looked the stronger of the two so I'd have definitely taken him.
    Not sure what's up with Kwia. Wiggins seemed to think Poels had been suffering from what he called 'the two bob bits'. If there is a mild bug going round the team it could explain why Ineos haven't looked 100 percent so far.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Yep, they have the look of a team that may have a bit of a bug other than van Baarle and Castro who have been excellent (and Rowe of course)
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Didnt realise Kwia was even riding!

He's not just saving himself for the 3rd week?
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Eeleted wrong thread