Tour build up 2019

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Brussels square absolutely rammed for the team presentation.

Looks glorious there.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Brussels square absolutely rammed for the team presentation.

Looks glorious there.

It certainly does.
    The heat is finally on in Europe after such a soggy start.
    Time for me to get to work.....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Bit disappointing so far. Where's the giant swans? Where's the chariots? Where are the choirs of tone-deaf children?

Nobody tunes in for this thing wanting to see people cycling slowly through a (very nice) shopping centre.
  • rick_chasey
    Presenters treading the fine line between Dutch and French interviews...

Ah Brussels...
  • Just tuned in - does indeed look magnificent
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Dan Martin getting the party started by implying racing in Belgium is great because nobody bothers turning up, then fails to rescue himself by suggesting more people will turn up tomorrow when nothing is happening. Top work there...
  • rick_chasey
    TBH, I can never watch a team presentation without getting the 2006 edition out of my head.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Quite enjoying watching the host veering wildly between awkward questioning ("Richie Porte, at 34 are you past it?") and struggling to elicit the world's most underwhelming anecdotes ("Teejay van Ladygarden, have you ever been to Brussels?", "No.","Thank you.")
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Old Stoneface winning the battle for dullest personality, narrowly beating Tejay van Monotone.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lotto Soudal managing to muck up the simple task of cycling a couple of hundred metres to the stage without having to unclip. Looking promising for an LR challenge, if you ask me...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    [cringe]Adam Yates interview[/cringe]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    [cringe]Adam Yates interview[/cringe]

I'm apparently on a delayed feed.

So was Yates.

"Oh Jesus..."
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Gideon Coe's annual TdF show is on tonight, starts at 9.
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    Looking for someone with YouTube video tekkers. Anyone know how to or could edit this video to just cover stages 14-20? I'm riding these stages so thought it would be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... AOmdacylVY

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Quite enjoying watching the host veering wildly between awkward questioning ("Richie Porte, at 34 are you past it?") and struggling to elicit the world's most underwhelming anecdotes ("Teejay van Ladygarden, have you ever been to Brussels?", "No.","Thank you.")
    Other highlights being Nibali And EBH interviews. Hosts were so bad it was funny at times. Never a great event but that was shocking.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    I know photos can be misleading, but Valverde does look particularly skinny. Even for a rider who nearly always looks ‘cut’.
  • rick_chasey
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    I know photos can be misleading, but Valverde does look particularly skinny. Even for a rider who nearly always looks ‘cut’.

Said so himself
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    2f9c3

gettyimages_1160043535_670.jpg

CORVOS_00031224-065.jpg

White the new "in" colour then?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    Do the UCI not think team jerseys should be easily distinguishable? I assume they have to approve the designs.
    Will that be 5 or 6 teams in largely white jerseys?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    well looks like UAE will be white shorts as well!
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    Looking for someone with YouTube video tekkers. Anyone know how to or could edit this video to just cover stages 14-20? I'm riding these stages so thought it would be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... AOmdacylVY

Download using something like ClipGrab to mp4 and then edit using any number of free editing packages.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Do the UCI not think team jerseys should be easily distinguishable? I assume they have to approve the designs.
    Will that be 5 or 6 teams in largely white jerseys?

The UCI and 'think' are not compatible......

Personally, there should be rules for kit colours, and even an 'away' or alternate jerseys; also enables the possibility of more merchandise.......
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • rick_chasey
    Presumably the shift to white is in anticipation for a hot Tour, which is forecast
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    White tour kit nothing new is it? Ineos would probably have done it too if they hadn't already changed kit once this season. In terms of identification, you have to factor in the helmets as well, hopefully each team will be fairly distinct.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    A perfect example of why cycling shorts are black. Wonderfully modelled by our own favourite Dan Lloyd :shock
    573549038852775937?s=09

Think its a bit of a cock and balls up to be honest :oops:

https://twitter.com/daniellloyd1/status ... 75937?s=09
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Whatever happened to Sky's super special black kit which didn't absorb heat?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    If I was in charge all GTs would start with a Friday evening prologue.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    If I was in charge anyone wearing white shorts would receive a custodial sentence. Either that or a swift kick in the plums.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,447
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    If I was in charge anyone wearing white shorts would receive a custodial sentence. Either that or a swift kick in the plums.

I'd make them wear cheap white shorts, the rest of the peloton would soon force action as they got to spend all day trying not to look at an array of brown starfish.
  • rick_chasey
    Whatever happened to Sky's super special black kit which didn't absorb heat?

That’s rapha.