Tour *of* Yorkshire - **spoiler**

Comments

• ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    7 man teams? Was less last year?

It's changed classification this year, up to 2.hc from 2.1. That might be why? Not 100% on these things
  • ShutupJens
    Bit of a scrap with riders getting to the break, 6 riders up the road with Ineos trying to block things off but it's far from settled yet. Heinous conditions, can hardly even identify teams
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    ShutupJens wrote:

It's changed classification this year, up to 2.hc from 2.1. That might be why? Not 100% on these things

Yeah, higher classification, but less WT teams interested in riding. Not the busiest week in the calendar, either.
    Go figure.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens wrote:

Yeah, higher classification, but less WT teams interested in riding. Not the busiest week in the calendar, either.
    Go figure.

Worth noting that this didn't clash with Romandie last year which carries an obligation for WT teams to ride - there was almost a week in between the two in 2018 in fact, unfortunate timing!
  • ShutupJens
    Break of the day: Bigham, Flynn, Tidball, Vermaerke, Hennessey, Fouche, Asselman

Ineos controlling, time for a little nap
  • ShutupJens
    Coverage just showed a front on view of Gva getting his chap out. Great stuff
  • ShutupJens
    Philip Deignan is a very relaxing co-commentator to listen to. Interesting insights and lovely accent, doesn't say things that don't need saying unlike others.. Ned Boulting is excellent at transitioning in and out of Chateau Mode as well, Paul Sherwen would be very proud
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    Rather a big tarmac slapdown for an unfortunate Direct Energie rider.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ShutupJens
    A Total rider just hit a speedbump at an awkward angle, got catapulted off his bike, hit the deck like a tonne of bricks. Millar tries to imply that, while he's doing that awkward post-crash stumble around trying to work out what hurts the most, that he's not actually hurt himself much and that he's just annoyed at himself for decking it in such innoccuous circumstances
  • Flying kerb face-plant

Ouch!
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    Not my man Calmejane I hope
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Flying kerb face-plant

Ouch!

Oil spill?
  • ShutupJens
    FocusZing wrote:
    Flying kerb face-plant

Ouch!

Oil spill?

Class
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Lovely day for a bike ride lololo
  • Alejandrosdog
    Why is there no commentary on Eurosport?
  • Alejandrosdog
    Massive crowds again
  • ShutupJens

Surely this isn't a cause for complaint?
  • Alejandrosdog
    ShutupJens wrote:

Surely this isn't a cause for complaint?

I’m quite enjoying the conversation between the camera man and his driver :)
  • ShutupJens
    Interesting moment a few KMs back showing Jacob Hennessey suggesting that the break backs off the pace a bit. They've hardly been allowed two minutes all day, seems a sensible decision to force the bunch to slow down as no one is interested in committing to any acts of racing yet.

70km to go, gap sitting at 1:25
  • Alejandrosdog
    The peloton does t seem too large
  • Alejandrosdog
    Looks like Holland
  • ShutupJens

I think there's a significant proportion of riders back at the team cars at any one time windmilling their arms/changing gloves and jackets today! 19 teams capped at 7 riders each although some have not brought the full compliment, so looks about right for 125 or so starters
  • Alejandrosdog
    ShutupJens wrote:

I think there's a significant proportion of riders back at the team cars at any one time windmilling their arms/changing gloves and jackets today! 19 teams capped at 7 riders each although some have not brought the full compliment, so looks about right for 125 or so starters

Ah that makes sense, like a busy night at castlecoome :)
  • Alejandrosdog
    Sick weytens cofidis abandons
  • Alejandrosdog
    Camera on cavendish who’s looking filthy. Let’s hope this is the start of him getting back to Winning ways
  • Alejandrosdog
    Ineos wanger out
  • ShutupJens
    Camera on cavendish who’s looking filthy. Let’s hope this is the start of him getting back to Winning ways

Yeah hopefully this is the place to do it, would do him and the sport in general a world of good I reckon. Encouraging interview earlier where he said that he feels relieved to be tired from training again - not just from being ill. Can't even begin to imagine how frustrating the last couple of years must have been for him
  • ShutupJens
    Hennessey takes out the single KOM on offer today, takes the time to celebrate before disappearing on his own through some mean looking puddles! That'll be fun for the bunch to ride through
  • ShutupJens
    And Hennessey takes out the second sprint as well. Canyon/DHB/Bloor homes finding some decent success in this race over the last couple of editions! Definitely secured their place at the top of the domestic tree imo
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Our first house was a Bloor home.

Upstairs walls made out of weetabix as I discovered when I tried to hand a radiator I'd just moved...