Re: S*** small race thread 2019

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    edited January 2019
    inseine wrote:
    First race, first podium for Remco Evenepoel.
    Meanwhile naughty, boy team mate, Iljo Keisse gets booted off the race by the organizers.

Can the distance of the TT be believed on the website? If so Alaphilippe, that renowned tester, averaged nearly 54kph....on his road bike! The fact that it's quoted at exactly 12k makes me slightly suspicious.

PCS gives his average speed as 52.619kph.
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Shame, I thought, that the race had to boot him out after the team had stated that it wasn't enough of a misdemeanour to have publically sanctioned him.
    The actions were clearly unacceptable, they should have sent him home immediately.

I see that Pat Lefevre has thrown his usual tantrum and is threatening to pull the entire team.
    I think we all know that won't happen.
    There are discrepancies between the two accounts, however, as there was in the initial media report....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Delete. Stupid edit options.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    inseine wrote:
    First race, first podium for Remco Evenepoel.
    Meanwhile naughty, boy team mate, Iljo Keisse gets booted off the race by the organizers.

Can the distance of the TT be believed on the website? If so Alaphilippe, that renowned tester, averaged nearly 54kph....on his road bike! The fact that it's quoted at exactly 12k makes me slightly suspicious.

PCS gives his average speed as 52.619kph.
    Unless I miss calculated that's not 13.41 over 12k, but either way it's fast without tri bars
  • inseine
  • inseine wrote:

In the original piece, this piece and widely reported.
    She alleged that he pressed his crotch against her when he feigned a sexual act while she posed for a photo with him and his teammates.

However, also in the original piece, but no longer being quoted.
    The fan added that her partner witnessed the incident and that she has spoken to lawyers about the next step.
    She said she heard the team members laughing but didn’t realise why until after the incident.

Since the sanctioning.
    “I thought it was an accident, but I later realised that it was not like that."

Not that the "mime" act is in any way acceptable and deserving of a sanction, but is it possible that for whatever reason, circumstances have become a little embellished?
    Or was she simple aware, but unaware of intent?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    This is the offending photo

moza2_1_1068x631_670.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I think I can work out why Lefevere has struggled to get a new headline sponsor: the prospective sponsors met him first.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • inseine
    RichN95 wrote:

moza2_1_1068x631_670.jpg
    Who is it on the right, giving it the 'what the f are you doing fella?' ?
  • inseine wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

moza2_1_1068x631_670.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's Hodeg.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    what a tw at. The sponsors will be getting more airtime than might have been expected from this race now. How pleased they must be. Boys will be boys, like Sagan and his bottom pinching. then they need to grow up.

on the other hand that stage two was great!

Also the brazil rider in the break was he on a caad12?
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Warming to his theme, Lefevre orders the riders to boycott the podium after today’s stage.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    This is why winter races are pointless.

Let them have a proper season off and then they can be professional rather than have a jolly in front of cameras.

Is plainly not cool to do and hopefully he recognises that.
  • Gweeds wrote:
    Warming to his theme, Lefevre orders the riders to boycott the podium after today’s stage.

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190130_04141005
    Leader Julian Alaphilippe, bearer of the youngster Remco Evenepoel and the third from the stage finish Alvaro Hodeg did not make an appearance on the podium in Villa San Augustin after the fourth stage in the Tour of San Juan. The team of Deceuninck-Quick Step 'boycott' the organization. Even though according to spokesperson Alessandro Tegner there is no protest action due to the exclusion of Iljo Keisse.

"This is not a protest. Our riders felt a bit tired and not so good after the stress and efforts of the past few days, so we decided not to let them go to the podium ceremony. "

The UCI rules nonetheless stipulate that leaders of classifications in rounds are obliged to take part in the podium ceremony. "Unless they feel sick or unwell," says Tegner.

The spokesman also came back to the exclusion of Keisse. "Everyone what happened. Iljo has already extensively excused himself for that, and we thought that was enough to put the matter to rest. When Iljo got the message that he was not allowed to start, he was obviously not happy. "

:lol:
  • gweeds
    FAKE NEWS PATRICK
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Is there more to this than meets the eye?

Why is Lefervre behaving like this?
  • rick_chasey

He probably didn’t want to go but the organisers will have begged him.
  • Vino'sGhost

Hmmmm begged or not it doesn’t excuse the behaviour of his team. Unless there’s more to it.....
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,604

One can only assume because he is a complete arse?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Stage 4...mark c came in 7 minutes after sprinters. Any reason why? (no, not THAT one!)
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey

Hmmmm begged or not it doesn’t excuse the behaviour of his team. Unless there’s more to it.....

So who is saying it does excuse the behaviour of his team?
  • Ridgerider wrote:
    Stage 4...mark c came in 7 minutes after sprinters. Any reason why? (no, not THAT one!)

A number of riders were dropped on the climbs. He must have been one.

The podium absentees have each been fined 500CHF and both Alaphillipe and Hodeg docked 3 UCI points.
    So, another first for young Evenepoel.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    CarbonClem wrote:

One can only assume because he is a complete ars*?

I never want to hear him complaining about getting sponsors again, when the current lot pull out.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Here we go.........

Sunday 3rd

x1080-L7J.jpg

gp-marseille-2019.png
  • Here we go.........

Sunday 3rd

Why wait so long?
    Here we go....................today.
    The Playa de Palma Challenge - Ciclista Mallorca - Stage 1.

0eLieYz.png

Valverde, Landa, Aru, Wellens, Majka, Kittel and Degenkolb, plus strong Cofidis, Direct Energie and Team Arkea-Samsic (Barguil) squads.

15 minutes highlights on Eurosport, too. Well, unless you live in the UK, that is.
  • Here we go.........

Sunday 3rd

The Playa de Palma Challenge -

it's in the title . Play and challenge

I' ll wait for the road race on Sunday or is there a sportif I can watch tomorrow ?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    inseine wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

moza2_1_1068x631_670.jpg

First thing I thought too, at least one of them seems to have some decency.

I originally wondered how much truth there was in the accusation as, probably due to translation, it came across quite oddly i.e. he pressed himself against her but she didn't realise until after but it makes sense when you see the photo.

It's interesting that the police fine for that behaviour is significantly lower than the UCI fine for missing the podium presentation. I'm not quite sure what that says about priorities and attitudes.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Pross wrote:
    It's interesting that the police fine for that behaviour is significantly lower than the UCI fine for missing the podium presentation. I'm not quite sure what that says about priorities and attitudes.
    It was the police that fined him though wasn't it? The fines are more representative of the means of likely offenders, rather than the magnitude of the offence. The average salary in Argentina is about $7000, the average budget of a World Tour team is around $20 million.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Rather than go away, it rumbles on and escalates......

https://www.indeleiderstrui.nl/nieuws/a ... -die-vrouw

Father: 'Who says that Iljo should not file a complaint against that woman?'

.....Keisse offered his apologies to the woman on Tuesday. "People who know me know that I am not an idiot or disrespect person. We paid, gave the waitress a tip and then she asked us if we wanted to take a picture with her. It was a normal photograph, as we take 1,500 in one day. She asked for a second photo, where she stooped to stand on the picture even better. I did a stupid move at a stupid moment by placing my hand behind my head. But I want to make it clear for one hundred percent that I have not touched her. Not with my hand, not with my knees, not with any part of the body, "he says.

The father of Iljo Keisse has reacted at Het Laatste Nieuws to the fuss about his son. 'A stupid move, he knows that himself. I think he did everything he could to make it right. But it has now been decided to put him off course, that is only the case. '

But Father Keisse is of the opinion that not only Iljo is guilty. "That woman is also very suggestive with her behind. Who says that Iljo should not file a complaint against her? It should not have happened, but he apologized and will have to bear the consequences. Now it is waiting until the storm blows. "
  • gweeds
    Women - you're not allowed to stoop or bend over.

What a tool.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,604
    Now it is waiting until the storm blows

They might be advised that to apologise, accept the blame and stfu would make things blow over much faster.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner