I just don't get it!

Comments

• ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    FocusZing wrote:

2001 space odyssey. I was expecting some cool space adventure akin to Star Wars, in reality just a load of pretentious kubric boring sh1te.
    I didn’t expect another Star Wars but totally agree that 2001 was sh1te. Still on movies - Avatar.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    ayjaycee wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

2001 space odyssey. I was expecting some cool space adventure akin to Star Wars, in reality just a load of pretentious kubric boring sh1te.
    I didn’t expect another Star Wars but totally agree that 2001 was sh1te. Still on movies - Avatar.

Yeah Avatar wasn't all that despite the massive hype. It was way over praised IMHO and relied heavily on the gimmick of 3D. So whilst we're on the subject, 3D. What a bag of sh1te. It took us about 5 minutes to get fed up of pairing the glasses on our tele at home.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Shortfall wrote:
    ayjaycee wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

Yeah Avatar wasn't all that despite the massive hype. It was way over praised IMHO and relied heavily on the gimmick of 3D. So whilst we're on the subject, 3D. What a bag of sh1te. It took us about 5 minutes to get fed up of pairing the glasses on our tele at home.
    The headache from watching about 5 mins of 3d tv did it for me.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I liked avatar. I think there's another three sequels coming up soon ? Less excited about them - it's been a long time.

Oh A Star is Born. Dull dull dull.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Another vote for 3D. I'm not sure if it's because I have one eye with near perfect vision and the other can't read the third line on an eye chart but I never get a clear picture and don't feel it enhances the experience of the film in any way.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Michael bl00dy mcintyre.

Simple, purile 'humour' with no intelligence or class.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Formula 1 motor racing. Long past its sell-by date and it's not a sport. So glad SPOTY chose Geraint even though SPOTY's another thing I don't get.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Shortfall wrote:
    So whilst we're on the subject, 3D. What a bag of sh1te. It took us about 5 minutes to get fed up of pairing the glasses on our tele at home.
    Another good call - I think we tried it once out of idle curiosity when we bought a new TV a few years ago and just thought it rubbish. What really peed me off was that when we were looking for said new TV, we wanted to buy a good one but just couldn't find one without 3D which we didn't want in the first place!
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Tory voters
    The attraction of Audi/BMW/Mercedes cars – they all look the same and they’re no longer a status symbol (they’re the car equivalent of Diesel jeans and North Face jackets)
    Tory voters
  • Avatar = pocohantas with $bn budget. The film was always going to be pants but it was to showcase what 3D was capable of.

Visually it was amazing but I don't see the point in making every action film into 3d now
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Inception, IMDB 8.8. Gawd I just found it too thick with tangent crazy plot and messin about all-over the friggin shop.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Tory voters
    The attraction of Audi/BMW/Mercedes cars – they all look the same and they’re no longer a status symbol (they’re the car equivalent of Diesel jeans and North Face jackets)
    Tory voters

Should that not be 'Toary', as pronounced by wee nippy the fish?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Jealous people. I just don't get them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    People who think a brand of jeans could confer status.

edit. If the alternative was a type of tartan skirt, they may have a point.
  • robert88
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you were passed every day by a guy on a Cervelo you'd understand. (He is going in the other direction I hasten to add, otherwise I'd 'ave 'im for breakfast :twisted: ).
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Daniel B wrote:
    Michael bl00dy mcintyre.

Absolutely, I'd sling Mrs Brown's Boys in there too.
  • Stevo_666
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you were passed every day by a guy on a Cervelo you'd understand. (He is going in the other direction I hasten to add, otherwise I'd 'ave 'im for breakfast :twisted: ).
    I probably am, but I likely wouldn't know it was a Cervelo :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • robert88
    joe2008 wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    Michael bl00dy mcintyre.

Absolutely, I'd sling Mrs Brown's Boys in there too.

Wasn't there some guy called jeremy beadle who did stuff like Michael bl00dy mcintire? And yes, Mrs Brown's boys - there is only one joke and it's at least 50 years past its sell-by-date.
  • robert88
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I probably am, but I likely wouldn't know it was a Cervelo :)

When all else fails they tend to have 'Cervelo' written on them in large letters. It's kinda like a trade mark.
  • Neil Young
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,881
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    edited December 2018
    Neil Young

I didn't when I was in my teens and I was fully into the Seattle sound,late 20's started hearing more by him,then he started to click with me

Not just Bohemian Rhapsody for me but the whole of Queens music
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Neil Young

After The Gold Rush will always take me my childhood... love that song.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Star Wars.

Queen.

Animal documentaries.

MTBing.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    joe2008 wrote:
    Neil Young

After The Gold Rush will always take me my childhood... love that song.

Big Neil Young fan, but whilst the gentle stuff is nice, the noisy Crazy Horse stuff does it for me.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't get why anyone would respond to a spammer offering counterfeit money.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152

MTBing.

Excellent remark.

(for once)
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    FishFish wrote:

MTBing.

Excellent remark.

(for once)

Nah, MTBing is great fun if you arn't a bit fragile and can handle a bike. MTBing created Sagan and Sagan is the saviour of the scientific, race radio, power metered lab rats.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Nirvana (the band). Saw them just before they broke big and they weren't very good. A good album and a sad story to follow.
    But not the legendary band they are portrayed as. Still see loads of t-shirts but very rarely hear their music played. Have you heard Bleach ( the first album)?
    No, because it's dreadful.
  • Stevo_666
    FocusZing wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

MTBing.

Excellent remark.

(for once)

Nah, MTBing is great fun if you arn't a bit fragile and can handle a bike. MTBing created Sagan and Sagan is the saviour of the scientific, race radio, power metered lab rats.
    MTBing is called fun biking for a reason. Why were these remarks not a surprise? :wink: