The cooking thread and what are you having for dinner tonight beansnikpoh?

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

There certainly wasn't for Apollo after he fought Ivan Drago
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    If you ask Fizzy, tomorrow never comes.
  • shirley_basso
    hopkinb said:

Ben's burgers have gone on the menu for this week.

Do report back, with pics!
    just gone in the oven. I have used too much breadcrumb
  • shirley_basso
    Well

It was fab. I don't scientifically measure my ingredients out but I aimed to make for 4. Used 2 slices of bread for breadcrumbs.

I also have massive red onions so used 1 1/2.

I was worried the filling was very dry as it seemed a bit clumpy when going into the mushrooms. As the mushrooms give off so much moisture when cooking it was perfect.

Stupidly used bread rolls instead of brioche as ingredient list is inconsistent with recipe.

Also doesn't say when to put cheese on but I did it 5mins from the end in oven.

Fantastic. 2 is too many!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

Time to put this out there and I’m not being racists or anything but.....

I don’t care for pizza! Yes I’ve had “good” pizza and I can eat it at a push for a snack. A load of calorific bread for dinner? No thanks. 😕

WTF is wrong with you? Weirdo.
    There's not mushroom for people who don't care for certain foodstuffs on this forum...

I kind of get your point re pizza, and I'm only going on about it a lot because we have the new oven thing - I'm sure the novelty will wear off. It won't stop me loving it though.

I'm not having your "load of calorific carbs/bread" for dinner excuse - you said you had pie and mash the other night. :)
    It’s different when I enjoy the calorie dense meal.
    Fair point.

I wish I enjoyed meals that were less calorie dense...a nice bit of poached fish with some steamed spinach and kale. I'll eat it, I might even like it, but I'll be in the cheese box later on.

This is my life most of the time although I usually add a poached or boiled egg to keep the hunger away and a little balsamic glaze for the salad. Lean meat, fish and veg during the week, treat yourself at the weekend. 👍
    Ah, the egg is a good tip to keep me off the cheese/crisps/nuts.
    Cheese board/crisps/nuts, yes please, get in my gob!

Are we over 40? Is it getting harder to shift the lbs? Do we want to stay fit and healthy for our family? No? Then pass the crisps please.
    I beg your pardon, 50 plus 1 and counting me and i've no problem with weight. Problems wiv teef but no problems with weight. There's always blenders and straws.

Steamed Salmon, new potatoes and essence of smoked woodlouse spirit blah de blah de blah is all very well but if I eat that sort of low carb stuff, i'm hungry again before i've loaded the washdisher.

You can't carry that cloud with you Hoppy. I've faced mortality more than once and you have to say to yourself that you are healthy, the kids are fine and i've no real financial worries and there's nothing catastrophic on the horizon.
    I'm okay - you're okay. Live everyday as it comes.

There's that river over there that you can't ignore H³ but conversation is for a pm.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

I don’t care for pizza! Yes I’ve had “good” pizza and I can eat it at a push for a snack. A load of calorific bread for dinner? No thanks. 😕

There's not mushroom for people who don't care for certain foodstuffs on this forum...

I kind of get your point re pizza, and I'm only going on about it a lot because we have the new oven thing - I'm sure the novelty will wear off. It won't stop me loving it though.

I'm not having your "load of calorific carbs/bread" for dinner excuse - you said you had pie and mash the other night. :)
    Fair point.

I wish I enjoyed meals that were less calorie dense...a nice bit of poached fish with some steamed spinach and kale. I'll eat it, I might even like it, but I'll be in the cheese box later on.

This is my life most of the time although I usually add a poached or boiled egg to keep the hunger away and a little balsamic glaze for the salad. Lean meat, fish and veg during the week, treat yourself at the weekend. 👍

Are we over 40? Is it getting harder to shift the lbs? Do we want to stay fit and healthy for our family? No? Then pass the crisps please.
    I beg your pardon, 50 plus 1 and counting me and i've no problem with weight. Problems wiv teef but no problems with weight. There's always blenders and straws.

Steamed Salmon, new potatoes and essence of smoked woodlouse spirit blah de blah de blah is all very well but if I eat that sort of low carb stuff, i'm hungry again before i've loaded the washdisher.

You can't carry that cloud with you Hoppy. I've faced mortality more than once and you have to say to yourself that you are healthy, the kids are fine and i've no real financial worries and there's nothing catastrophic on the horizon.

There's that river over there that you can't ignore H³ but conversation is for a pm.
    You’re not stuck behind a desk/laptop 5/6 days a week and you have time to exercise regularly as far as I can tell. Some can eat to their hearts content, others look at a bag of delicious cashews and put on half a stone.

Hop, listen to the angel on your shoulder, not the devil.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

You’re not stuck behind a desk/laptop 5/6 days a week and you have time to exercise regularly as far as I can tell. Some can eat to their hearts content, others look at a bag of delicious cashews and put on half a stone.

I'm aware of that.
    On a 'normal' week, Hoppy does more miles than me.

You've missed the point and i'm hoping H will pm me.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'll drop you a message later Pinno. Thanks for your concern. :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,660
    Kedgeree. Not made it in yonks, but just fancied it for a change.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb

If I could like this post more than once, I would. Bloody lovely grub.
  • elbowloh
    Dont think I've ever had kedgeree, but I love smoked haddock, eggs, rice and curry spices, so I really must try it
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    That's genuinely made me laugh out loud!

Make sure the onions are well cooked out. Big handfuls of coriander (unless you're one of those who hate it) in which case, parsley.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,660
    hopkinb said:

If I could like this post more than once, I would. Bloody lovely grub.
    It was my standard order for birthday dinner at home when I was a kid. Still love it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn

My dad makes a nice kedgeree. I spent ages making mine the same way and it turned out bland and tasteless 😕
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    I'm joining the pizza fam tonight. Yay. Not artisanal woodfired nor gasfired gadget driven but a Coop MeatFeast. So there. Coz I iz crackered after a full day of soil shifting and skip filling, zero energy left hence keep it simples. Plus beers of course.
  • elbowloh
    Dogs love kedgeree chum also
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

Fair point.

Hop, listen to the angel on your shoulder, not the devil.
    Seano, you're right about a lot of this being down to genetics. I'm 55 and no weight problems despite not being particularly careful about what and how much I eat. Having 2 lean parents probably helped.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    I seem to have no problem gaining or losing weight can fluctuate by 10kilos with very little difference in habits. Just do a little more exercise and same diet and it seems to fall off.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I’ve dropped back to my 2010 weight, thanks to WFH. Wasn’t big before, but knew this super lean body was still there once people stopped bringing donuts and biscuits into the office and once there wasn’t a Sainos Local just across the road...!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

I seem to have no problem gaining or losing weight can fluctuate by 10kilos with very little difference in habits. Just do a little more exercise and same diet and it seems to fall off.

You have something on the side of your face elbow.....no, the other side

• elbowloh
    edited May 2021
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I don't like bananas
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    edited May 2021
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

"Tell that bummer to take off".
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited May 2021
    #unhappywok

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Creating tonight for consumption tomorrow night

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    What knife is that MF?
  • pinno
    He borrowed it from Rambo.
  • elbowloh
    It's a Japanese sushi knife thing innit? We have one in our block, it's the one I use the most
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    Wüsthof here. Excellent knife for lopping off fingers and slicing into the fatty tissue of your hand.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    elbowloh said:

It's a Japanese sushi knife thing innit? We have one in our block, it's the one I use the most

Clearly he needs it for chopping leeks and onions.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]