The cooking thread and what are you having for dinner tonight beansnikpoh?

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    hopkinb said:

I went a bit Seano. Pork shoulder braised in cider, stock, onions and fennel. While the shoulder rested, I took the cooking liquor and veg down to a sauce and added some chopped tarragon to complement the fennel. Added the fork shredded pork to the sauce and served with pomme purée and some winter greens. Nice winter grub.

A bit seano. High praise. Yours was a different level to the missus polish pork burgers, tasty though they were.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    There was a point when MF was making two dinners a night - one for the Bambini then one for TDV when she got in as well as all the detritus of life.

But hey, it all gets easier as they get older and, at the end of day, no matter how busy any of the MFs are there is someone working far harder and running around far more than him.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

There was a point when MF was making two dinners a night - one for the Bambini then one for TDV when she got in as well as all the detritus of life.

But hey, it all gets easier as they get older and, at the end of day, no matter how busy any of the MFs are there is someone working far harder and running around far more than him.

Wife does the kid's meals, batch made and frozen.

We don't eat meat, but the boy does, as we think it's up to him to choose when he's old enough.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited January 2021
    Fair enough.

When the girls were little, I had to cook for them and then sometimes just cook for myself (if the OH was doing a shift). Sometimes I would make something she could re-heat when she came in.
    Now the OH is no longer doing shifts and the girls are 8 and 9 (18 months apart), we all eat (roughly) the same meals.
    So I am a bit like Hoppy. My OH is busy in the mornings with the girls and I 'do' the other end of the day.
    I love food and cooking.
    I really like making new dishes and have mastered Naan bread, bread but not Chapati's yet.
    I really want to make Peratha. Cannot get it here, oh and Samosa's.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

Fair enough.

When the girls were little, I had to cook for them and then sometimes just cook for myself (if the OH was doing a shift). Sometimes I would make something she could re-heat when she came in.
    Now the OH is no longer doing shifts and the girls are 8 and 9 (18 months apart), we all eat (roughly) the same meals.
    So I am a bit like Hoppy. My OH is busy in the mornings with the girls and I 'do' the other end of the day.
    I love food and cooking.
    I really like making new dishes and have mastered Naan bread, bread but not Chapati's yet.

You can buy paratha frozen off tesco.

"Humza Paratha Original 1.6Kg - Tesco Groceries" https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302036513

I have a South Indian takeaway approx. 100m from my door. They do chapatis, rotis, naans in the tandoor.
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Fair enough.

I love food and cooking.

"Humza Paratha Original 1.6Kg - Tesco Groceries" https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302036513

I have a South Indian takeaway approx. 100m from my door. They do chapatis, rotis, naans in the tandoor.
    You can't here. It's only a Tesco Metro. One of my friends is a manager at the local Morrisons and they used to sell it (fresh) but the uptake was so poor, they dropped it. Then they stocked frozen... then they dropped that too.

I think it's a lack of marketing. Everyone knows Chapati's, Poppadum's, Roti's, Naan.
  • MattFalle
    edited January 2021
    Just making fresh from Edwyn's finest emporioum pork burgers (mince from John Jones and Joseph Llelwyn) with Cheryl of Prestatyn curly fries for lunch.

Please note that patties have been crafted by MF - none of that pre bought patties here.

No idea on dinner yet.

#warming,nice,filling

• elbowloh
    Its my birthday, so we're having takeaway tonight.

Wife has made a chocolate cake.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    elbowloh said:

Happy birthday!!! 🥳🥳🥳
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

happy birthday dude!

#anotheryearclosertodying
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    elbowloh said:

Happy Birthday, Elbow!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899
    I think I'll suggest takeaway pizzas tonight. Or I'll make a korma.

See how I feel after Donny Chain Gang... might just want protein powder.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Fair enough.

I love food and cooking.

You can't here. It's only a Tesco Metro. One of my friends is a manager at the local Morrisons and they used to sell it (fresh) but the uptake was so poor, they dropped it. Then they stocked frozen... then they dropped that too.

I think it's a lack of marketing. Everyone knows Chapati's, Poppadum's, Roti's, Naan.

Paratha easy to make though, Pinno. Add it to the paneer repertoire!
    Ben

• elbowloh
    Cheers peeps. Gonna go for Thai.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,608
    elbowloh said:

Happy birthday Mr. Bowloh B)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    We had Thai on Sunday, bloody marvellous. Enjoy and happy birthday elbow, and the other joints I guess
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Yep, hbd elbow! Enjoy the Thai.
  • elbowloh
    Green curry with prawns, pad Thai, sticky rice, various starters.

Ordered far too much and will have to have the rest tomorrow.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    elbowloh said:

Cheers peeps. Gonna go for Thai.

Happy birthday and good choice
  • tlw1
    Chicken and rice with a Thai sauce, followed by a slice of Christmas cake
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

Thai; the cornerstone of a nutritious breakfast.

The path of the righteous Boris is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of not sticking to the rules. Blessed is he who in the name of Blighty and lockdown shepherds the chavs through Wolverhampton for he is truly his brothers pimp and the finder of lost prossies and I will strike down upon thee with great big bananas and a furious ticking off those who attempt to sneak out the back and you will know my name is Priti Patel when I lay Diane Abbot upon thee.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,608
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

The path of the righteous Boris is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of not sticking to the rules. Blessed is he who in the name of Blighty and lockdown shepherds the chavs through Wolverhampton for he is truly his brothers pimp and the finder of lost prossies and I will strike down upon thee with great big bananas and a furious ticking off those who attempt to sneak out the back and you will know my name is Priti Patel when I lay Diane Abbot upon thee.
    Never mind eating, what have you been smoking?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Correctamundo.
  • Ben6899
    pinno said:

Modern Christmas crackers are great.
    Ben

• MattFalle

Nicola the horsekeeper of Pontypridd dropped these puppies round for dinner.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Nicola the horsekeeper of Pontypridd dropped these puppies round for dinner.

Stable girl?

I think you'll find there fish rather than young canines.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Starter is fresh bruschetta (baguette, not pane paesano unfortunately) (one half with fresh tomatos and basil from Allan Jones of Dywedd, the other half with olive and lemon taponade from Stefanno e Giuseppe of Swansea)
  • tlw1
    I’m cooking/reheating tonight

https://csons.uk/csonsathome/
  • elbowloh
    tlw1 said:

That link asked me to verify if I was 18 or over...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

That link asked me to verify if I was 18 or over...
    It’s ok honestly