TDF 2018, Stage 17: Bagnères-de-Luchon > Saint-Lary-Soulan Col du Portet 25/07/2018 - 65 km *Spo

Comments

• ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Who would begrudge a Yates win?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    RichN95 wrote:
    In defence of the start, it's better than a 10km neutral zone

it's not much difference really. the rollouts were more a sponsor town thing where the peleton would roll around the start down a bit (often) so the locals can get a few pix and feel they got their monies worth.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Who would begrudge a Yates win?

i would just to promote controversy thou.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,551
    Voeckler still looking awful on a bike, he even gurns while doing a course recce.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,622
    Did I miss anything? There's only 59km to go, something must have happened.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    Oh, we've got that ~20% stage landing strip finish from last year at the top of this first climb. :twisted:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    edited July 2018
    everyone except sky are horrible / terrible

65km stage, tailwind, 3 climbs, 0 climber action, Rowe pacing, horrible!!!!!!

nobody outside sky deserves to win this, they suck . their only hope is crashes

i hate all of them for stealing my time, staring with the 3 movisar stooges, the wheelsucker dumoulin and the rest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Wait, Atapuma is riding this tdf!?!?!

Darwin's obviously evolved to be invisible.
    First specimen of Homo Zubeldia
  • mididoctors
    adr82 wrote:

LOL
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Brian Holm hugely entertaining talking about Alaphilippe on DK TV2.
    Says he just does crazy things - was going to attack in the valley yesterday, Holm just replied "You what, are you mad?"
    Also says he was going to stop and wait for Yates, and Holm told him not to be stupid. Summed it up with something like "I love the kid, but I have no idea what's going on in his head!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Is this the climb Bertie and Rasmussen had their ludicrous ding dong?
  • mididoctors
    god i'm old...i remember those trees lining the climb being saplings
  • EnacheV
    the biggest enemy to Froome's double is the fact that everyone else sucks so bad and its racing for the 3rd. no wheels to follow so at some point he must drop the surprise yellow jersey
  • mididoctors
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Is this the climb Bertie and Rasmussen had their ludicrous ding dong?

yep
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    I was promised fireworks and all I got was some men riding bicycles.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    EnacheV wrote:
    the biggest enemy to Froome's double is the fact that everyone else sucks so bad and its racing for the 3rd. no wheels to follow so at some point he must drop the surprise yellow jersey

And look like the villain in doing so. Except he had to do the same thing 6 years ago, he'd have 5 tours and a knighthood by now if not..
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    adr82 wrote:

Ha ha ha! :lol:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    I was promised fireworks and all I got was some men riding bicycles.

I saw a marmot riding a bicycle today. OK it wasn't a real marmot, but I think it might be the most exciting thing I'm going to see today.
  • cygnet
    cygnet Posts: 92
    Cofidis fact
    Exactly ten years ago, on 25 July 2008, Chavanel took the first of his three stage victories, beating Jérémy Roy in stage 19 to Montluçon. It’s the last time Cofidis won a Tour de France stage. The French team is in its 22nd participation this year.
    In a sporting event were "Anything could happen!", nothing ever does.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • EnacheV
    whe retired Alberto presenting for Eurosport is the highlight of the queen stage
  • Pross
    French TV is crap. I thought there was some major action but it’s just a replay of Bardet attacking back when he was a contender as part of an interview.

I hope Kangert takes this all the way, I’ve always liked him.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    12 pancakes for six euro available at the hut they jsut passed, according to Rolf Sørensen
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    edited July 2018
    That's a bargain !

Jan Ullrich wouldn't have passed that up.
  • Pross
    You’d think a pro rider would know how to change a front wheel.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Defect for Quintana.
    Amador is a crap mechanic.
  • above_the_cows
    Those Scot Melon helmets are terrible.
  • Pross
    Nairo appears to have aged 10 years from the stress of that wheel change.
  • above_the_cows
    12 pancakes for six euro available at the hut they jsut passed, according to Rolf Sørensen

I just poured a glass of Orangina into my shoe, this might trump the marmot on a bicycle for today's excitement.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Pross wrote:
    Nairo appears to have aged 10 years from the stress of that wheel change.

I've aged 10 years seeing him and Landa do nothing.