Britain's response to Russia

191011121315»

Comments

• Tried to find out figures for full hazmat suit incidents but my Google skills aren't good or there really was only 2 cases in 2017. Beachy head incident and one after a fire. There will be more because there's enough chemical plants in the UK to expect incidents. A few years ago one near me forced stay indoors / shut windows warnings.

However it's to be expected two novochok incidents in one town/area will cause to authorities to panic at every suspicious illness in public. Expecially of the media want to play up the tensions.

Look at it the other way around. People get seriously ill very quickly in unknown circumstances. Do you take precautions or treat it as straight forward risking potential spread of whatever caused it? A balancing act and one that someone makes without hindsight.

BTW weren't the authorities looking into other Russian exile deaths? Has there been anything reported on that?
  • Tried to find out figures for full hazmat suit incidents but my Google skills aren't good or there really was only 2 cases in 2017. Beachy head incident and one after a fire. There will be more because there's enough chemical plants in the UK to expect incidents. A few years ago one near me forced stay indoors / shut windows warnings.

However it's to be expected two novochok incidents in one town/area will cause to authorities to panic at every suspicious illness in public. Expecially of the media want to play up the tensions.

Look at it the other way around. People get seriously ill very quickly in unknown circumstances. Do you take precautions or treat it as straight forward risking potential spread of whatever caused it? A balancing act and one that someone makes without hindsight.

BTW weren't the authorities looking into other Russian exile deaths? Has there been anything reported on that?

Is Salisbury full of Russians eating in bad chain restaurants?

authorities aren't going to look at the other deaths as they would have to answer why they initially turned a blind eye
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,692
    Tried to find out figures for full hazmat suit incidents but my Google skills aren't good or there really was only 2 cases in 2017. Beachy head incident and one after a fire. There will be more because there's enough chemical plants in the UK to expect incidents. A few years ago one near me forced stay indoors / shut windows warnings.

Yes they were. There were some conclusions reported, but I don't recall any details.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Do you seriously think that just because they didn't post their conclusions on BikeRadar, the authorities haven't been looking quite closely at things?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,692
    Pfft. What isn't on Cake Stop isn't worth knowing about.

:roll:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • If Google can't find it it hasn't happened! Truth!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    So here's a wee bit of info on one of the innocent civilian tourists.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    1440.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=b6d3ff8d8e36c1df009220a104c4a349

A Russian flag appears on salisbury Cathedral on one year anniversary of Novichok attack, there's some sick folk out there

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... hok-attack
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....