Get Moscon out

Comments

• Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    inseine wrote:
    Tell you what folks, of all the people posting on this forum, I really didn't expect Vino'sGhost to be the one championing the whole 'political correctness gone mad' thing :roll:
    Youve clearly not been paying attention ;)

Where there’s mob rule there will be Vino,
    Where PC shrills are demanding firing there will be vino.

Pouring oil on troubled waters and ensuring more considered outcomes are possible :)

As it happens I’ve never come across anyone over the age of 11 that’s not had racist or discriminatory thoughts.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

As it happens I’ve never come across anyone over the age of 11 that’s not had racist or discriminatory thoughts.

You reign it in or get ostracized.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625

Or expelled as happened in my school.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701

They could read your thoughts at your school? #clairvoyantcomprehensive :shock:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey

They could read your thoughts at your school? #clairvoyantcomprehensive :shock:

White kid smacked a black kid out of the blue and called him a black c@nt so got expelled.

He ended up in prison I believe, after being accessory to a drive by shooting. (On a moped, natch)
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    But that isn't racist or discriminatory thoughts - that is clearly a racist action.
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    Can we get back on topic? Lots of rumours he's been popped.
  • rick_chasey
    Where did you hear/read that?
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    Fair bit of 2+2-ing going on on twitter the past couple of days - trying to make the Innsbruck connection a thing.

I don't think it'll come to anything personally, but it's better than a hairsplitter on racism as the thread seems to have pivoted towards.
  • Going to Tour of California
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    Going to Tour of California

Twitter is crying right now ...
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • CarbonClem wrote:

I dunno - the great thing about conspiracy theories is that anything which disproves it is obviously part of the conspiracy
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    CarbonClem wrote:

I dunno - the great thing about conspiracy theories is that anything which disproves it is obviously part of the conspiracy

he's going to the Amgen source lolololol or sauce depending on your perspective :)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    But that isn't racist or discriminatory thoughts - that is clearly a racist action.

Racial abuse is racism. The end. What was in his heart has fff all to do with it. If the words and action come out one's mouth then that person is a functional racist.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • 🥴
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    He’s such a tool.

Ineos saying they’re going to ‘support him’. Fucks sake.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    He's not exactly been recording any stunning victories in recent times. More trouble than he's worth.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    gweeds said:

He’s such a tool.

What you rather they do? He had a crash a lost his temper. Big deal, it's a stressful job. He may be a bit of a knob, but indulging in social media cancel culture, as many have, isn't helping anyone.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    He has a definite attitude problem; but he is young and maybe with further guidance he can learn.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Nah he's a dick and a bully.

Question is, is his wattage output worth the cost of his f***s ups?

INEOS say yes..?!

(fyi. ddraver remains unsure)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    He was probably worth the risk after his breakthrough vuelta showing. Not anymore though.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    Why is he still not worth the risk?

He's one of the best one-dayers they have. As long as Jim doesn't mind I don't see the problem.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    Cycling podcast covered this a while back. If Ineos sack him, then another team will sign him, hes too good to just disappear. Might as well try to manage him.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570

He's one of the best one-dayers they have. As long as Jim doesn't mind I don't see the problem.

He doesn't get the results to justify keeping him. A couple of years ago he was worth keeping for his potential.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    gsk82 said:

He doesn't get the results to justify keeping him. A couple of years ago he was worth keeping for his potential.
    He had an off-season last year, but he's only 25. He's only a few months older than van der Poel
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    I quite like him. Too many snowflakes around
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    david37 said:

From the limited reports - he seems quite an aggressive character - he should show his aggression with his legs in the race - not by hurling abuse or bikes at competitors. Nothing snowflake about it - just gentlemanly behavior. Perhaps if he cut down on the testosterone patches* he may find it easier to control his temper?

* if he's using them of course .... ;)
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    david37 said:

What's the weather got to do with it? Unless the cold weather brings out his aggression...

It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    gweeds said:

He’s such a tool.

In fairness they said what he did was unacceptable and they supported the action taken. The ", support" was to help prevent it happening again. Clearly they need to control him but I don't get the impression they condone him.