Get Moscon out

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Remind me, what was Bouhanni’s penalty for punching Jack Bauer?

Yeah but he's French and rides for Cofidis.

Now I don't condone fisticuffs in any form but it can hardly be called a punch. I pull moves like that all the time at aso-tokkies while riding my omafiets. Doe normaal hoor!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    edited July 2018

should have done it with a hulk mask and superman hat on .
  • ....OK he takes a hand off and hits him, it's a red card in football.
    Whatever the rights or wrongs with this case, please please don't compare cyclists to footballers.

How a footballer can feign injury to get another player sent off and still have the nerve to call themselves 'sportsmen' is way beyond me.
    I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
    Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
    Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
    Trek Madone - Carbon
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    ....OK he takes a hand off and hits him, it's a red card in football.
    Whatever the rights or wrongs with this case, please please don't compare cyclists to footballers.

How a footballer can feign injury to get another player sent off and still have the nerve to call themselves 'sportsmen' is way beyond me.

It's called cheating, happens in lots of professional sports including cycling. A DQ for hitting someone is pretty standard in most sports.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    It really isn't clear from the video that he has been hit, looks a lot like a gesture, and the other rider doesn't really respond (either by wobbling, touching his face, waving back etc) all makes it look like rather a mountain from a molehill.

Still, in the context that Sagan got kicked out for an elbow that didn't happen last year, no one should be surprised.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Not a lot in it, but he had to go really given his reputation. Should Sky sack him? In the knowledge that most of their competitors would sign him in a heartbeat? That's a tricky one - may be worth it just from a PR perspective.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,254
    BigMat wrote:
    Not a lot in it, but he had to go really given his reputation. Should Sky sack him? In the knowledge that most of their competitors would sign him in a heartbeat? That's a tricky one - may be worth it just from a PR perspective.

He doesn't really fit into their "reliable robot" domestique model does he? If he can't be relied on to make it to the third week, he's not as much use to them.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    BigMat wrote:

perhaps they should just drop him to minor races then ...
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    I can see Sky arranging a few sessions for him with a well known sport psychologist to sort out his ‘big chimp’
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Meh. Bit of a nothing punch. The other guy barely blinked.

That said, he can't complain about his punishement.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Hardly the Vuelta one from a few years back is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2N3pxmYXl4
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157

Costa v Barredo is still the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFvbefsDN00

With Blijlevens v Julich on the undercard

https://youtu.be/e2yUxj6P2aU?t=52
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,707

Brambila and Rovny got thrown off for this.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Apologies if this has been verified previously, but did he actually make contact?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Boo if you want. But hitting the riders is inexcusable
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    It’s fair.

The main question is if he’ll get tinned, and I don’t think how hard he hit or tried to hit the guy is relevant, as much as he’s been thrown off another race.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Blimey...all I asked was did he make contact?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391

To be fair though, even one of the first week flat stages would be epic set to that music...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Vierville
    Vierville Posts: 5
    What was Bouhanni's penalty in last year's TDF after hitting Jack Bauer?

Oh yeah, 200CHF and 60sec time penalty. Moscon? DQ.

Anyone able to explain why the difference in severity of penalties?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    Remind me, what was Bouhanni’s penalty for punching Jack Bauer?

Yeah but he's French and rides for Cofidis.

Now I don't condone fisticuffs in any form but it can hardly be called a punch. I pull moves like that all the time at aso-tokkies while riding my omafiets. Doe normaal hoor!
    Your answer was posted above.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    Vierville wrote:

The Tour is inconsistent.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was more to this story than has been reported.

I heard something on Belgian TV about what we saw being only afters, but I dunno.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Vierville wrote:

The Tour is inconsistent.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was more to this story than has been reported.

I heard something on Belgian TV about what we saw being only afters, but I dunno.

I doubt even Moscon just randomly takes a swing at another rider, so it's pretty much a safe bet that something had happened before - whether verbal, bike-handling/racing or physical.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    An interesting titbit on the Lance Armstrong podcast where he claims his 'sources at Sky' told him that Froome really didn't want Moscon on the Tour team, but Brailsford overruled him.
  • onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    The Reza incident probably riled Froome more than most people. Hard to have any patience with racism when your childhood friends are black.
  • RichN95.
    The Reza incident probably riled Froome more than most people. Hard to have any patience with racism when your childhood friends are black.
    But he rode the Vuelta with Froome after that, and rode it well.
  • the Vuelta moscon is a million miles away for Le tour moscon
  • RichN95.
    I guess it's like a scene in a heist movie when they put the crew together

"So who's in Froomey's 8"
    "We've got a solid crew, G, a lot of good guys. Kwiato and Week Three Wout you know. JC from the Valverde gang and this Colombian kid we've been hearing all about"
    "Who's the muscle?"
    "Our man Luke as usual and Moscon."
    "Moscon, are you crazy?"
    "I know, I know, I've heard the stories too, but I did a score with him in Spain and he was OK"
    "But the kid's a hothead"
    "Sure. Look, I wanted Kneesy from the Italian Job, or Dutch Dylan, but this comes from the top. The Big D has insisted, so forget about it"
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    RichN95 wrote:

"We've got a solid crew, G, a lot of good guys. Kwiato and Week Three Wout you know. JC from the Valverde gang and this Colombian kid we've been hearing all about"
    "Who's the muscle?"
    "Moscon, are you crazy?"
    "I know, I know, I've heard the stories too, but I did a score with him in Spain and he was OK"
    "Sure. Look, I wanted Kneesy from the Italian Job, or Dutch Dylan, but this comes from the top. The Big D has insisted, so forget about it"

Oh dear
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    RichN95 wrote:

"Who's the muscle?"
    "Moscon, are you crazy?"

Been watching Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

"Who's the muscle?"
    "Moscon, are you crazy?"

Been watching Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema?
    I wrote it before. But then I watched it and 'there's always a psycho'