Get Moscon out

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    last time I can remember something like this (outside of heated sprints) was Casagrande getting done during a giro. that said I have witnessed a fair few riders getting flicked into a ditch.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    All this vehemence and, seven pages later, we still don't have a single crack about a Reichenbach fall?
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    bompington wrote:
    we still don't have a single crack about a Reichenbach fall?
    Well the stories of Moscon's impending demise may have been greatly exaggerated. He should be in Sky's excessive black motor holmes at the next races, sure enough.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    M.R.M. wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Well the stories of Moscon's impending demise may have been greatly exaggerated. He should be in Sky's excessive black motor holmes at the next races, sure enough.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • bompington
    M.R.M. wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    If only by sheer luck.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    bompington wrote:
    All this vehemence and, seven pages later, we still don't have a single crack about a Reichenbach fall?

I made that joke during the world championships, like, ooooh...3 or 4 years ago. It didn't get the reception it deserved, tbh.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • bompington
    The_Boy wrote:
    bompington wrote:

I made that joke during the world championships, like, ooooh...3 or 4 years ago. It didn't get the reception it deserved, tbh.
    Sorry, I sometimes don't see Wats on in Pro Race
  • Vino'sGhost
    bompington wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Sorry, I sometimes don't see Wats on in Pro Race

well there's Moran this weekend
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,599
    Case closed. UCI dismiss the case against him.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Vino'sGhost
    CarbonClem wrote:

Good, common sense pokes its head up.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Let's hope he sees it as a wake up call rather than a license to continue being a dick
  • CarbonClem wrote:

yeah you can't beat a bit of casual racism - don't know what all the fuss has been about :roll:
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    CarbonClem wrote:

yeah you can't beat a bit of casual racism - don't know what all the fuss has been about :roll:

How is reichenbach falling off his bike racist?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Vino'sGhost
    gsk82 wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Reichenbach had tan wall tyres and Moscon had evil black ones
  • inseine
    gsk82 wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Reichenbach had tan wall tyres and Moscon had evil black ones

That comes across a bit badly
  • gsk82 wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Mi
    Oscon made racist remarks about Kevin Reza. Reichenbach tweeted in support of team mate Reza and against Moscon. Moscon deliberately pushed Reichenbach off his bike at the next opportunity. Reichenbach has a civil case against him. The UCI couldn't give a shit and the timetable for this reflects that

And some say common sense prevailed !
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    Presumably you’ve proof he deliberately pushed him off?
  • jam1e wrote:

I don't need to its with the police

Bit coincidental don't you think?
  • gsk82
    jam1e wrote:

Even Reichenbach doesn't know he was pushed off. The allegations were based on a team helper telling him that someone had told him it happened.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Vino'sGhost
    Its all a bit handbags isnt it. I would suggest they should either just get over it or punch each others lights out and have done with it.

However we've all seen what happens when cyclists get punchy :)
  • gsk82 wrote:
    jam1e wrote:

Even Reichenbach doesn't know he was pushed off. The allegations were based on a team helper telling him that someone had told him it happened.

I think Reichenbach would know if he had been pushed off his bike - would you - or was it a gust of wind?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 wrote:
    jam1e wrote:

I think Reichenbach would know if he had been pushed off his bike - would you - or was it a gust of wind?

Well he didn't so I guess that solves this mystery
  • inseine
    The Reichenbach case lost it's teeth when AG2R failed to come up with the evidence they said they'd got, whatever that was.
  • gsk82 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    jam1e wrote:

are you sure ? “I will file a complaint against Gianni Moscon because he deliberately threw me to the ground,” Reichenbach told Swiss newspaper Le Nouvelliste.

“It was deliberate, and several riders who were at the scene and are ready to testify in my favour. He deliberately threw himself at me. On a descent the accident could have had more serious consequences.”

Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racin ... XZGu3iH.99
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    gsk82 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    jam1e wrote:

are you sure ? “I will file a complaint against Gianni Moscon because he deliberately threw me to the ground,” Reichenbach told Swiss newspaper Le Nouvelliste.

“It was deliberate, and several riders who were at the scene and are ready to testify in my favour. He deliberately threw himself at me. On a descent the accident could have had more serious consequences.”

Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racin ... XZGu3iH.99

Doesn't seem like anyone was willing to testify after all. There was, however, testimony that no riders around the incident reacted to it in any way that suggested it was anything other than a guy crashing his bike.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • However CyclingTips understands that this is overstating the case, and that the UCI’s Disciplinary Commission was not able to determine innocence in the incident.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,542
    However CyclingTips understands that this is overstating the case, and that the UCI’s Disciplinary Commission was not able to determine innocence in the incident.

Surely the idea is that evidence needs to be found of guilt not innocence? Moscon seems a bit of an idiot but in this instance it seems there has been no provable case against him.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    However CyclingTips understands that this is overstating the case, and that the UCI’s Disciplinary Commission was not able to determine innocence in the incident.

And equally they were not able to determine guilt so... That's how these processes work on the presumption of innocence unless guilt is proven.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,599

That's a cut of the article that avoids the context of the article, which is littered with tabloid-esque 'sources' such as 'we understand' and 'someone said'. Essentially, it means they have made it up. Its pathetic.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326

Aside from the presumption of innocence point made by others, I wouldn't trust anything that came out of that Shane Stokes infested rag further than I could spit it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format