Get Moscon out

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    What is this assumption of innocence piffle? Is it a criminal trial? Will my representative have his wheelchair scanned for motors?
  • Ha!

Gianni Moscon (Team Sky) has been expelled from the Tour de France after he appeared to punch Fortuneo-Samsic rider Elie Gesbert in the opening kilometre of stage 15 from Millau to Carcassonne.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Can't see sky keeping him on after this.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    cougie wrote:
    Can't see sky keeping him on after this.
    Have you seen the actual incident?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'd say he was guilty ......

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/ ... de-france/

Sure the sky fan boys will be along to defend him though.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • cougie
    Don't need to. The judges have kicked him out and that's not going to help with the win.

Have you read the Sky statement ?
  • RichN95.
    cougie wrote:
    Don't need to. The judges have kicked him out and that's not going to help with the win.

You were talking about Sky getting rid of him though. Not just a DQ. That's a whole different thing.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Boy need help...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cougie
    RichN95 wrote:
    cougie wrote:

You were talking about Sky getting rid of him though. Not just a DQ. That's a whole different thing.

If I punched someone in the workplace I'd not be stunned if I was sacked.
  • RichN95.
    cougie wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    cougie wrote:

If I punched someone in the workplace I'd not be stunned if I was sacked.
    Maybe you should have a watch of the actual incident.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    Can’t ASO find an excuse to throw the whole Team Sky out of the Tour?
    I’m so bored of them now - the sooner we get rid of them and find a new baddie to hate, the better. They win every year and no one likes them.
    And as if that wasn’t enough, it turns out their kit wasn’t designed by Hugo Boss much like the Nazi SS uniform wasn’t!
    You couldn’t make this stuff up!
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    I’ve been watching the tour for many years and seen a lot of ‘incidents’ and I can’t believe they’ve thrown him out for that
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    poppit wrote:
    I’ve been watching the tour for many years and seen a lot of ‘incidents’ and I can’t believe they’ve thrown him out for that

He has a reputation, one that is easy to get and hard to get rid of. Doing stupid things like he did today will have more consequences for him than for a rider like, say, Bauke Mollema, who is widely respected and liked.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    Remind me, what was Bouhanni’s penalty for punching Jack Bauer?
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    For those of you who haven't seen Giovanni Moscon, heres a video of him on one of his typical bike rides...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3qxqYfI1zU
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Seems fair, he takes his hands off the bars and hits him in the face. It's a bike race, you can't do that.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Vino'sGhost
    Seems fair, he takes his hands off the bars and hits him in the face. It's a bike race, you can't do that.

Only one hand.
  • Vino'sGhost
    I hope he’s not being punished for previous “claimed but not proven behaviour”

That would conflict too many people on here.
  • nickice
    nickice Posts: 2,439
    I don't think he should have been kicked out for that. There was no risk the other rider was going to fall or even be mildly injured. It would be ironic if the other rider had used a racial slur against Moscon.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736

Only one hand.

OK he takes a hand off and hits him, it's a red card in football.

Bouhanni got lucky, there was discussion at the time he should have been DQed.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I hope he’s not being punished for previous “claimed but not proven behaviour”

That would conflict too many people on here.

I agree, you can't punish him for unproven events, but when you have a record like his all eyes are on you. Maybe other riders would have got away with yesterdays incident, but as I've said before, he only has himself to blame.
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Its a pretty bad punch and likely didn't hurt the other rider but in my eyes intended physical violence should always be a DQ and ban. This is a bike race, not a pub fight.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    The Bouhanni incident for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgrG6ZOjlXA

Looks much the same.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Imagine the sanction he’d have got if he jumped off his bike and assaulted a member of the public demonstrating on the road....
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Someone should restart Rock Racing next season and build the team around Moscon and Bouhanni.
  • RichN95.
    joey54321 wrote:
    Its a pretty bad punch and likely didn't hurt the other rider but in my eyes intended physical violence should always be a DQ and ban. This is a bike race, not a pub fight.
    Pretty bad? The victim barely moves or reacts.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    Not that different from the Brambilla Rovny one - except that one went on because there was action from both sides.