Vuelta 2017:Stage 17: Villadiego - Los Machucos. Monumento Vaca Pasiega 180.5KM *Spoilers*

Comments

• RichN95 wrote:
    phreak wrote:
    No point having team mates on such steep gradients. Every man for himself.
    But after the really steep bits there are still over 5km to go. Teammates help there. If people attack Froome on those bits I expect him to sit tight and keep his team intact as much as possible (at least Poels and Nieve).

Those last 5km have plenty of ramps as steep or steeper than the steepest bits of the crazy airport.
  • Pross wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a decent feed? I wish ITV4 were doing live coverage - I'm not paying good money to get Eurosport back while they insist on using Kirby.

Yesterday during the time trial coverage he announced "were just playing with our selves..........." Classic moment, its worth listening to him for his unintended gaffs
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    I predict no-one will attack until they are nearly through the 15% with about 2km to go. You'd be mad to gun through the 25%+ sections and then expect to recover enough on the remaining 4km to be able to sustain to the line, so either plan to get to the 25% sections ahead of your rivals (by taking the cat 1 and belting down the slope) and ride at the same speed they will do, or arrive at those sections together, see if anyone blows up anyway, and then go for it from 2km out.

But I know very little.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • Astana have shown their hand very, very early.
    Not that it should matter to Señor Lopez.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Just tuned in to see the peloton strung out in a single line... while Kirby talking crap about red and green not going together...
  • Here's a live feed in English, if you can figure out how to go full screen:

http://www.stopstream.me/

Video 2 stream is the one.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Pross wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a decent feed? I wish ITV4 were doing live coverage - I'm not paying good money to get Eurosport back while they insist on using Kirby.

Yesterday during the time trial coverage he announced "were just playing with our selves..........." Classic moment, its worth listening to him for his unintended gaffs

Not quite as bad as the guy in a meeting with me yesterday who uttered the immortal line 'I love anal'! :lol:
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Not quite as bad as the guy in a meeting with me yesterday who uttered the immortal line 'I love anal'! :lol:

What sort of meeting was it??
  • dish_dash
    Pross wrote:

the 2nd ES feed with no commentary but just the nice ambient sounds?

This is quite an odd experience...

And I've just discovered that I can have Spotify AND Eurosport no commentary streaming on the same device.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Nearly George Clooney there.
  • joelsim
    dish_dash wrote:
    Pross wrote:

the 2nd ES feed with no commentary but just the nice ambient sounds?

This is quite an odd experience...

And I've just discovered that I can have Spotify AND Eurosport no commentary streaming on the same device.

Vuelta a Espana by Kraftwerk.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    I had a Danish feed on then tried the one recommended by Blazing which I couldn't see (it opened in another window with adverts over the player that did strange things when I tried to close them!) but I could hear both the Danish commentary and Kirby. To be honest the Danish sounded better even though I don't understand a word.
  • joelsim
    Just making a nice roast chicken dinner to eat while I watch.

I suspect therefore that the first attacks will happen just as it finishes cooking, so 3:15pm ish.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Kirby-ism from yesterday - he was talking about how the UCI had changed the rules to allow saddles on TT bikes to be tilted down by 5 degrees. Said something along the lines of "because perfectly level saddles were causing some problems in the gentleman's area. What do you think about that Sean?". Cue a few seconds of awkward silence followed by Kelly mumbling "I'm not sure I know anything about that".
  • dish_dash
    Grim weather at the top there... wet cloud...
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    weather not too good at the summit :shock:
  • dish_dash
    I would not want to be riding this descent with that level of visibility...
  • grim conditions on the descent
    PlanetX RT-57
    Orbea Orca
    Felt DA
    GT Grade
  • What a lovely descent. Narrow road and sheer drop offs.
    It'll be interesting to see who is where when the mist lifts.
  • Wow. Horrible conditions here, hope they all get down safe.
  • sketchy as hell
  • tim000 wrote:

How does one get rid of the pop up ads?
  • tim000 wrote:

How does one get rid of the pop up ads?

It's cool, got it.
  • dish_dash
    Nibs on the front of the peloton on the descent apparently...
  • out of the cloud the surface doesn't look too bad :)
  • Visibility.
    Sky leading now. Nibali and Bardet behind?

Nibali in front again?
  • dish_dash
    Visibility.
    Sky leading now. Nibali and Bardet behind?

Nibali in front again?

Yeah and then Eurosport went on a break... :roll: