Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    50th Yellow Jersey for Froome

ecae68e99a1d41b0de7e3b04aede6cf8.jpeg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Even the excitement for me of discs winning at the Tour has worn off.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Even the excitement for me of discs winning at the Tour has worn off.

The question is, did he use discs on Sunday?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

Racing incident. Just obeying his natural instincts as a boxer. Nothing malicious in it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Well done Kittel - utterly peerless
    Don't really understand why people chose anyone else in PTP...
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    edited July 2017

I'm surprised at you making such a call. I thought you were all for attacking at any time in the race.

Anyhow, it looks like the race jury are applying a different set of standards this week.

https://twitter.com/cyclingnieuws1/stat ... 5760148483
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245

Alas not. Penalised by a minute.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited July 2017
    WTF! Hope the media pickup on the double saganders.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

I'm surprised at you making such a call. I thought you were all for attacking at any time in the race.

Anyhow, it looks like the race jury are applying a different set of standards this week.

If they make a mistake once, they can't be expected to keep making it just for the sake of consistency
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    edited July 2017
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Because my GC was gone on stage 1 and my season is rubbish, so I may as well look for audacious stage wins!
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    Leniency for a French rider. How new.

Tour being a massive let down. How new.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Because my GC was gone on stage 1 and my season is rubbish, so I may as well look for audacious stage wins!
    My season was going outstandingly, surprisingly well following a sensational Classics season. But I think the Tour is going to change that as I've not been doing as well...
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    If Wiggins was serious he'd have a rowing boat on that Skoda.
  • Frank Wilson
    Frank Wilson Posts: 930
    LeePaton wrote:
    Leniency for a French rider. How new.

Tour being a massive let down. How new.

Kiefer Sutherland pushes Nacer first, Nacer just reacting to being "touched up" whilst trying to get on with ride.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    What a boring boring boring day. Seriously would it hurt to have a little hill at the end of stages like this?
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:

If they make a mistake once, they can't be expected to keep making it just for the sake of consistency

As you know, I'm all for a bit of argy bargy. But throwing a punch for something fairly innocuous, and then deliberately swinging out in the final when that rider is coming up is infinitely worse than anything Sagan did.

Imagine it'll get more and more difficult for Bouhanni, as the peloton will enjoy squeezing him and goading him into throwing more punches.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    RichN95 wrote:

As you know, I'm all for a bit of argy bargy. But throwing a punch for something fairly innocuous, and then deliberately swinging out in the final when that rider is coming up is infinitely worse than anything Sagan did.

Imagine it'll get more and more difficult for Bouhanni, as the peloton will enjoy squeezing him and goading him into throwing more punches.

An unlucky clip to the quick release.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    edited July 2017
    RichN95 wrote:

A vondetappe had the whole incident.
    Jack Bauer was coming up on the left, but getting squeezed, so he put his hand out and just touched Bouhanni to let him know he was coming past. Bouhanni took one look and clocked him.
    Imo, they are being consistent. This was another mistake.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Ben Swift is doing a Tour diary and it's a pretty interesting read, even on a stage like today! Here's today's installment: https://www.facebook.com/RideMagazineSA ... 6827558334
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Dinyull wrote:
    Is Greipel finished then?
    He's been woeful so far.
    Or is it the Giro that's done for him.
    Wasn't well in the run up to the Tour innit
    I have the impression, from brief remarks he made last Fri or Sat, that Greipel isn't at all happy with his lead-out team's performance, and there is personal disharmony between some of them, or him and them.

Today for a while it looked going okay for them, but then he was left on his own fairly far out and hadn't Kittel's legs or positioning nouse - although he hasn't actually done that badly so far, a couple of third places?
  • rick_chasey
    Ok so watched the sprint.

Quick Step really have it nailed.

Kittel basically uses 2 riders in the final 3km.

He sits maybe 30th or so and sits there till around 1.2-1.5km when they move up very quickly to around 10th.

What's smart is his top speed his higher and he is back just enough to accelerate into the splipstream of others so that costs less and he's then cruising 2kph faster than the rest.

Really impressive and relies on smart guys who can move up through the bunch. Early Cav esq. But really sits far back until very late.

Also impressed Groenewegen made it to third despite having to hold his legs still at 100m to go.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Also impressed Groenewegen made it to third despite having to hold his legs still at 100m to go.
    I'd like to see Groenewegen get an even better result; their lead-out doesn't yet function as well as it could, so he does well, considering.
  • rick_chasey
    Not as much as I do I can promise you that!!!?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • kleinstroker
    iainf72 wrote:

Really! That sucks. So sprint teams get to decide from the off that breakaways won't hold so they can have one of their stupid 3 km races at the end. Now I really am more fed up of sprint finishes than before
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    iainf72 wrote:

Really! That sucks. So sprint teams get to decide from the off that breakaways won't hold so they can have one of their stupid 3 km races at the end. Now I really am more fed up of sprint finishes than before

They've always done that. Getting in the break has always been a bit political.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    iainf72 wrote:

Whoever was commentating on Eurosport mentioned at the time that they didn't allow Kung to get away because he was too strong and would have made it more difficult to catch the break. Was at the same time Gesbert went across I think.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    well having "watched" the highlights - that was a boring stage ... and another one today - may as well switch off - or just watch the last 10 minutes of the highlights tonight ... perhaps even enter the competition! ;)
  • kleinstroker
    iainf72 wrote:

They've always done that. Getting in the break has always been a bit political.

I am aware of that, but never realised that in effect it is the sprint teams who rule with an iron hand, just so they have their silly sprints at the end. It should always be an open race.