TdF 2017: Stage 10 Périgueux - Bergerac 178KM *Spoilers*

Comments

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    FocusZing wrote:
    With Kidl being the clear sprint favourite and teams left with no GC, maybe the right break will be left to it.
    Tomorrow looks more interesting, If matthews gets in the break QS will be forced to chase. The rest can just sit on their wheel and watch them burn on the that long long run in. A bugger for dan martin's hope on Friday.
  • darkhairedlord
    FocusZing wrote:
    With Kidl being the clear sprint favourite and teams left with no GC, maybe the right break will be left to it.
    Tomorrow looks more interesting, If matthews gets in the break QS will be forced to chase. The rest can just sit on their wheel and watch them burn on the that long long run in. A bugger for dan martin's hope on thursday.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Past few stages it's been QS, Katusha and Lotto with someone on the front keeping it ticking over. They should just leave QS to do all the work today.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I've got high hopes for MOTO 3 being back in action today.

The important things.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    FocusZing wrote:
    Tomorrow looks more interesting, If matthews gets in the break QS will be forced to chase. The rest can just sit on their wheel and watch them burn on the that long long run in. A bugger for dan martin's hope on Friday.
    They'll chase anyway. Only Brambilla and maybe Gilbert will be any use to Martin whatever they do.
    Past few stages it's been QS, Katusha and Lotto with someone on the front keeping it ticking over. They should just leave QS to do all the work today.
    Katusha and Lotto (and Cofidis) don't really have much else to do. Their best chance of a good result is in the sprint, even if it's not a win.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yellow Peril of this parish is staying in le Manoir aux Quatre Periles in the area, and will be roadside today
  • smithy21 wrote:
    This starts the Quintana comeback. Always much much stronger after the rest days in the tour...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Naughty peeps
  • kingstongraham

The important things.

It is available on the PC version, but still not on the Android.

I got told that it doesn't work on Android, so I replied and asked why it did last week. No reply.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Nearly at the start.
    Hopefully the breakaway will take a bit longer than a minute to get sorted.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    edited July 2017
    Oh dear, Offredo goes immediately and nobody else can be arsed. :oops:

Edit: Hang on. A few others may be waking up.
  • kingstongraham
    Offredo on his own...
  • kingstongraham
    He's not happy.
  • kingstongraham
    Bless, he's going to have company.
  • kingstongraham
    Gesbert/Offredo, away for the day.
  • Richj
    Richj Posts: 240
    Sky working hard to let the gap grow :)
  • darkhairedlord
    what will fdj do for the rest of tour after monday's shambles?
  • kingstongraham

Be thankful there's not a team time trial?
  • darkhairedlord

Be thankful there's not a team time trial?

as if by magic:
    Arthur Vichot (FDJ) has had a small crash on a central reservation. He's waiting for a new bike. He spoke to letour.com this morning: “It was strange to be only five riders at breakfast this morning [after the four others including Arnaud Démare were out of the time limit on stage 9]. But we've had a beautiful first week with a stage win and the green jersey. Many teams would be pleased with that. We are five riders left with different skills to target different kind of stages.”
  • blazing_saddles

Fall off, if Arthur Vichot is anything to go by.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    It's days like this I'd love to have a ride in the Tour peloton, just a nice big club run until the last 50km. Perfectly understandable after the weekend though. I suspect the GC teams would be happy to roll in 15 minutes behind the front two so it's up to a couple of sprint teams to control things. As I say that QS pick the pace up.

If Dan Martin wants to be a genuine GC contender I suspect he's going to have to change teams, especially with team sizes reducing next year.
  • what will fdj do for the rest of tour after monday's shambles?

What's Arthur seen...not the road furniture by the look of it
  • Wanty G back in their rightful place 8) :D
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited July 2017
    Who is the brain dead rider talking about cyclocross on itv4? It's like a lullaby.

EDIT... is it Tom Pidcock did they say? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Pidcock

Why put someone on commentary/interview who can barely talk? Get someone who can, couldn't care less if he's 17, there's plenty of 17 year olds capable of talking.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Apparently Gesbert set fire to his hotel last night. Maybe this is punishment.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Headwind in the finish too.
  • above_the_cows

The important things.

I got told that it doesn't work on Android, so I replied and asked why it did last week. No reply.

I'm on a Mac and don't have it. I had it for the first few stages and then Moto3 disappeared quicker than Arnaud Démare from the back of the peloton.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716

The important things.

I'm on a Mac and don't have it. I had it for the first few stages and then Moto3 disappeared quicker than Arnaud Démare from the back of the peloton.

I am on a PC and have no camera options whatsoever - it says multicam but no Moto 3 or anything
  • above_the_cows
    imatfaal wrote:

The important things.

I am on a PC and have no camera options whatsoever - it says multicam but no Moto 3 or anything

Same.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

What's Arthur seen...not the road furniture by the look of it

Slightly ironic, given Offredo's face plant at Roubaix, back when he was FDJ...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • above_the_cows
    Anyone for a game of eye spy?