joelsim Posts: 7,552
    It's the Colnago for me.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:
    Good article showing 2017 WT bikes in more detail:

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/01/road-bi ... worldtour/

I'd have the Cannondale or the Bianchi. The rest... meh.

Too many short seat stays and sloping top tubes.

I think the ones I really don't like are the Merida, the Venge and the S5. The S5 has a really horrid seat tube, and I've never liked the way the seatpost kicks in so much on those - looks like a TT bike. Don't like the Pinarello forks but otherwise the F10 is their best looking for a while.

Not such a fan of the BMC but it's passable.

The Aeroad and the Oltre are my picks (although the Supersix is nice, I just like a decent looking aero bike).
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    So no-one's noticed Sagan's on disc brakes there then? :P

Too dazzled by the shiny stuff?
    Doesn't matter much anyway. He isn't going to ride the 8.46 kg bike for anything meaningful. I like the Venge Vias a lot more than most, but compromising some of the aero shape (or carbon layup) in order to get at least close to 6.8 kg would have been the better call imho.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    M.R.M. wrote:
    I want to go away from the same old boring black bikes and wasn't even considering the CAAD12, but then saw this gorgeous picture and the girlfriend infernal succubus that she is, started to take the wind out of my sails with sensible arguments against spending 5000 Euros on a bike! :cry:
    zqFkeZX.jpg

I would think the timing might be very good to get a Pinarello Dogma F8 though. Clearance sales etc...

Also wouldn't Dura Ace 9070 Di2 be discounted soon when 9150 becomes available? Or Ultegra much cheaper with 9070 filling the current Ultegra spot?

Very very nice
    :D
  • So a while ago I mentioned in another thread that a mate had won a Dogma F8 in a Team Sky comp. The other part of the prize was to spend this past weekend at their camp in Mallorca. He had the loan of a F10 yday for the training ride with them. He's in love.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    With Sky or the F10?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Gweeds wrote:
    With Sky or the F10?

the F10 :)

(think he might have a man-crush on Nico Portal tho)
  • gweeds
    Gweeds wrote:
    With Sky or the F10?

the F10 :)

(think he might have a man-crush on Nico Portal tho)

:lol::lol::lol:
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Why not?

220px-Nicolas_Portal_Giro_2011.jpg
  • Why not?

220px-Nicolas_Portal_Giro_2011.jpg

Woof
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Another British Bike #ProjectBAAW - love it!

C2T6BbrXcAEm8qD?format=jpg&name=large
  • Noob question, but how do they get the bikes to stand up on their own for these pictures?

Do they shove them along and take a picture while it's moving, or just airbrush out a stand?
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Noob question, but how do they get the bikes to stand up on their own for these pictures?

Do they shove them along and take a picture while it's moving, or just airbrush out a stand?

You can see the cloning on non drive crank arm
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    The shadow behind the back wheel in that photo looks like it was stood with the back wheel pressed against a wall.

Normally they just use one of those little wheel stands with the bulk of it on NDS and photoshop out the bit by the stands, don't they.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Perhaps the invisible man has finally got himself a proper job.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Sagan rocking the gold wheels (discs too). I love his jersey / shorts combo.
    PeterSaganGoldVenge2017-7.jpg
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Yep, Rainbow stripes with black shorts is the only way. Shame about that bike
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • the bike looks better 'on'
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Forgot to mention the bonus points for white socks.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • the bike looks better 'on'

Are you...sure?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    the bike looks better 'on'

Are you...sure?
    He doesn't seem to be actually riding that one.
    051202_625615064.jpg
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    The on-bike lubing seems to be a solution searching for a problem to fix, esp. with regards to Pro bikes.
  • gweeds
    Takes me back to the days of running a Scottoiler on my winter motorbike...
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    The on-bike lubing seems to be a solution searching for a problem to fix, esp. with regards to Pro bikes.
    It's going on the list with tubs, disc brakes and gold rims as pro-stuff that will never be found on any of my bikes!
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey

I keep saying - frames & wheels are so light and so under 6.8 kilos, the remaining available grams provide lucrative real estate for advertising bike parts.

Like, y'know, disc brakes.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632

I keep saying - frames & wheels are so light and so under 6.8 kilos, the remaining available grams provide lucrative real estate for advertising bike parts.

Like, y'know, disc brakes.

Fair point.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Sagan's bike is a war crime
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Sagan can wear what he likes and do what he likes 'cos he's just an awesome bike rider; who cares?. In years to come, we'll be looking back at the Sagan era with tears in our eyes and 500 page threads devoted to him.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rick_chasey
    Pinno wrote:
    Sagan can wear what he likes and do what he likes 'cos he's just an awesome bike rider; who cares?. In years to come, we'll be looking back at the Sagan era with tears in our eyes and 500 page threads devoted to him.

Alright fun sponge.

666px-Spongebob-squarepants.svg.png