2017 Gear

Comments

• ovi wrote:
    15624851_1625658237737433_4599182062958673920_n.jpg
    Ben Swifts new bike

Normally I have a soft spot for Colnagos. But this one, no. Something not quite right. 4 arm spider certainly doesn't help. Seatpost looks a bit fugly. Too much red perhaps? The flag thing branding going on on the seat tube.
  • ovi wrote:
    15624851_1625658237737433_4599182062958673920_n.jpg
    Ben Swifts new bike

Normally I have a soft spot for Colnagos. But this one, no. Something not quite right. 4 arm spider certainly doesn't help. Seatpost looks a bit fugly. Too much red perhaps? The flag thing branding going on on the seat tube.

Eeek, no likey
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    edited January 2017
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Red's the fastest colour but all red looks cheap. Simple.

I see your point, and raise you the saeco kit (or even just Katusha)
  • rick_chasey
    cipo-tirreno620.jpg
    Or even just Cofidis.
    I like all red. It's the black I don't like.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    OK it was a flippant comment... I like it though except the flag on the seat tube doesn't look right.

The Saeco bike is hardly all red - it has black forks and a load of white. White shoes and bar tape though - FF would approve.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    OK it was a flippant comment... I like it though except the flag on the seat tube doesn't look right.

The Saeco bike is hardly all red - it has black forks and a load of white. White shoes and bar tape though - FF would approve.
    you're forgetting the rule that anything Cipo wears or rides automatically looks cool :D:D
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Perhaps it's the fact that tan tyres don't look right on deep rimmed carbon wheels...
    Half man, Half bike
  • Ridgerider wrote:
    Perhaps it's the fact that tan tyres don't look right on deep rimmed carbon wheels...
    Amber walls with deep section rims is not a good look. The wheel graphics would look betterer just white too
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Probably the worst looking C60 I've seen.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Start them early....
    Fisher-Price_Think-and-Learn-SmartCycle_living-room-600x400.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    Grim.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Is it supported on TrainerRoad?
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Pinarello Dogma F10
    15534681_148912152261126_5044180905782935552_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQxMTIyNTY3NzE2MDMzNDgzNw%3D%3D.2
    15535094_1321002281293287_6738898271193792512_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQxMTIyNDIzMjMwNjYxMDgzNw%3D%3D.2
    photo credit spartan@weightweenies
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • gweeds
    Would still look approx 10 million percent better with straight forks.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Gweeds wrote:

They look like they're on backwards.

Can anyone tell what the difference is between this and the F7?
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    9y86xsiv
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • rick_chasey
    Gweeds wrote:

They look like they're on backwards.

Can anyone tell what the difference is between this and the F7?

Weight IIRC.

Heavy bikes @ their price.
  • gweeds
    Doesn't the 'light' version have a low rider weight limit compared to the competition. Seems bizarre bearing in mind how top dollar they are for off the shelf.
  • Gweeds wrote:
    Doesn't the 'light' version have a low rider weight limit compared to the competition. Seems bizarre bearing in mind how top dollar they are for off the shelf.

Pinas have always been on the heavy side, non? I say 'always', but, you know...
  • m.r.m.
    The Dogma F8 Xlight version is 80g lighter than the regular Dogma F8. That is pretty much just selling the model the top GT riders use (like Froome) for a premium. Weight limit for the Dogma F8 Xlight is 154 lbs.

Overall weight of the Dogma F8 isn't bad at all considering it is a bike that is neither pure aero bike nor ultra light "climbing" bike. Aero wise it is only slightly behind the Venge Vias and Madone 9.

The Dogma F10 now is supposed to be 12% more aero again putting it on par with Felt and Cervelo S5 (minimally below Venge Vias and Madone 9).
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Team sky with under Armour now for off the bike clothes since Rapha contract ended
  • rick_chasey
    M.R.M. wrote:
    The Dogma F8 Xlight version is 80g lighter than the regular Dogma F8. That is pretty much just selling the model the top GT riders use (like Froome) for a premium. Weight limit for the Dogma F8 Xlight is 154 lbs.

Overall weight of the Dogma F8 isn't bad at all considering it is a bike that is neither pure aero bike nor ultra light "climbing" bike. Aero wise it is only slightly behind the Venge Vias and Madone 9.

The Dogma F10 now is supposed to be 12% more aero again putting it on par with Felt and Cervelo S5 (minimally below Venge Vias and Madone 9).

£9,500 though with Di2 and Dura Ace everything else (wheels etc).

Can pick up a Canyon ultimate aero (comparable) for £2k less with more expensive wheels which is both stiffer and lighter :P.

I mean, my bike, which comes in at 7kg and is stiffer than I would ever need cost me £1,600.

If I'm paying £10k for a bike I don't want it to be a compromise.
  • rick_chasey
    Does remind me of this thread mind: viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13062683
  • rick_chasey
    Speaking of 2017 gear for pros...

Nicked from another forum - some of the changes: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 5#p1283802

Trek-Segafredo: Rudy Project glasses (were on Oakley)
    Quick-Step: Ekoi glasses (were on Rudy)
    Fortuneo: Ekoi glasses (free choice before) and Sram (were with Shimano)
    Roompot: Campagnolo groups and Ekoi helmets (were on Sram and BBB)
    Bora-Hansgrohe: Adidas glasses (sauf Sagan who will wear 100% glasses)
    Katusha: Bollé glasses (free choice before)
    Orica: Scott glasses (were on Bollé)
    Movistar: Abus helmets (were on Catlike for years)
    Lotto-Jumbo: Lazer helmets (were on Bell) and Shimano glasses
    Crelan and Van Aert: Suomy helmets and Felt bike (were on Lazer and Colnago) they keep Sram
    JLT-Condor: Kask helmets (were with Mavic helmets)
  • rick_chasey
    And in terms of kit - I presume these aerobats are a new development?

mens01_670.jpg
  • m.r.m.
    edited January 2017
    £9,500 though with Di2 and Dura Ace everything else (wheels etc).

Can pick up a Canyon ultimate aero (comparable) for £2k less with more expensive wheels which is both stiffer and lighter :P.

I mean, my bike, which comes in at 7kg and is stiffer than I would ever need cost me £1,600.

If I'm paying £10k for a bike I don't want it to be a compromise.

Compromise is one way of putting it. Another way would be "best of both worlds". :wink:

I don't think there is much argument on whether they are good value. However, I don't personally scoff at people spending the money. Sometimes it's just fun to buy whatever grabs your fancy. There is never reason to go beyond a VW Golf or some form of estate car either.
  • rick_chasey
    I'm not scoffing.
  • m.r.m.
    For the money a custom Sarto might give you a better performing, better fitting bike though.

I'm in the process of getting a new bike actually. I'm completely undecided which route to go though. Spend serious cash 5-6000 Euros on something like Pinarello or Sarto or the Madone 9 or maybe get a CAAD 12 or maybe just a 1500 Euro bike again.
  • rick_chasey
    Do think those silver super6s look smart.
  • m.r.m.
    I want to go away from the same old boring black bikes and wasn't even considering the CAAD12, but then saw this gorgeous picture and the girlfriend infernal succubus that she is, started to take the wind out of my sails with sensible arguments against spending 5000 Euros on a bike! :cry:
    zqFkeZX.jpg

I would think the timing might be very good to get a Pinarello Dogma F8 though. Clearance sales etc...

Also wouldn't Dura Ace 9070 Di2 be discounted soon when 9150 becomes available? Or Ultegra much cheaper with 9070 filling the current Ultegra spot?