TdF 2016 Stage 12 *Contains spoilers*

Comments

• epc06
    epc06 Posts: 216
    did someone pinch his bike? cant have been damaged that much
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    *Waits for French security services related posts...
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    zammmmo wrote:
    Awful. This will be on the news. Makes a laughing stock of the sport.
    True. Dark day.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    edited July 2016
    TheBigBean wrote:
    I think Froome lost his head there running. He was much further away than that.

Yates in yellow!

May be an issue in that he ran without his bike. I'm not sure but I think you have the carry the bike.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited July 2016
    This is insane.

So... Porte, Mollema and Froome are together in that order. Moto stops for crowd (can't see on pictures what actually happened for that to happen). Porte and Mollema manage to get back on their bikes but Froome's bike is broken. He runs up the road with the bike, and then decides to leave it and just run up the road with no bike for a minute.

Then, Froome takes a neutral service bike, tries to pedal that but can hardly get going, something is wrong with it or his pedals or something, but he can't pedal it. Eventually the Sky car reaches him, gives him a bike and he cycles the remaining 400m to the line.

I don't know who had passed Froome in all this? The following lot maybe, including Quintana?

(This is how I saw it on gut reaction, but the story will come out in the next few mins I would think).
  • Shadowrider
    Shadowrider Posts: 483
    Surely the 3km rule will apply and save Froome from this crazy ~90second time loss, running in clipless shoes up the hill!

Yates in yellow Quintana 3rd 14 back
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    1. Yates
    2. Mollema
    3. Quintana
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    EPC06 wrote:
    Wouldn't have to be much. Rear mech getting badly bent would be all it'd take to make it useless. He left it when he started running.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,538
    Remember the stage was shortened, so crowd density will have been much higher than normal. Someone forecast this yesterday.
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    What a joke. It's pretty much guaranteed that was caused by a fan stepping out in front of the moto.

I know Christian Prudhomme only said a couple of days ago that barriers weren't the way to go, but people are just too stupid and selfish these days. I think most of us know what it's like to absolutely bury yourself on a climb or on a turbo trainer interval, imagine trying to do that whilst having to steer around thousands of morons.

Something has to be done, it's a farce.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    EPC06 wrote:
    There seemed to be at least one of the Mavic motos behind him that got caught up in it - his bike may well have been run over by a Mavic support bike
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited July 2016
    Froome should consider the 5000 metres in Rio.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    NorvernRob wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    hahahahahahahahahahahahah BRILLIANT!!!!

Why? Because some f*cking stupid fans ruined the stage?

Don't worry about him, the village have just got their internet connection back on and it's his turn.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Just when you think you've seen everything with Andre Greipel leading up Ventoux, and this happens. I constantly yell at the TV for the p!ss poor gendarmes to get the d!ckhead crowd out of the way. Froome can ran, though, that was impressive!

I wonder if Froome will get his fine for punching that Columbian kn0bhead refunded?

Where is Cancellara when you need him? :)
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    These roadside fans have no freakin' discipline.

Whatsmore there will be psychological consequences for Porte and Froome when riding into mountain crowds again. Inevitably.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • mfin
    So many cycling 'fans' on climbs are f******** I*****s.
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    Speechless - what a shitstorm to sort out.

There will be some unhappy folk regardless of the decision
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Agree with Boardman - it's embarrassing
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • emadden
    There is only barriers on one side of the road. From past experience, Chalet Reynard is just 1km past a huge area where the Dutch fans set up camp. When we were there in 2009 there were 30,000 people there partying for 3 days. Big discos all night and everybody sh*tfaced... even on race day
    www.dotcycling.com
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Bizarre as it is I think that result will stand.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I would have preferred the excitement of Boar Man to be honest.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    Although - to be fair - Froome is now provisionally 53s back on GC and clearly in great form so could be some cracking racing to come if the result stands (which it seems like it won't, but still)
  • emadden
    NorvernRob wrote:
    emadden wrote:

Don't worry about him, the village have just got their internet connection back on and it's his turn.

Poor Froome fanboys :lol::lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    mfin wrote:
    There's gonna have to be a ruling here.

Yes, they will add penalty seconds for running without bike.
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    So bad for the stage winner too because no one will remember or care....
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Wooo Flecha getting angry saying if they change the results they should have changed them when he got taken out by the TV car.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mfin
    On the video, Porte hits the bike, Mollema goes in the back of him. Froome is to the right of the shot, so maybe he hit the bike at the same time as Porte. Not sure. It doesn't look like he was behind Mollema.

Porte was lucky he didn't smash his little teeth on the back of that bike.

This stage was supposed to be about wind :O
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    emadden wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    emadden wrote:

Poor Froome fanboys :lol::lol::lol:

Hardly, but certainly fans of racing being as fair as it can be.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris