Who will be the next Prime Minister

1121314151618»

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    I enjoyed seeing Ham Face saunter back into No.10. "Sam, get your mink coat, we're fcuking off to the Caribbean, no more of this austerity sh1t on Cornwall for the cameras"

If I were Cameron today, I'd be very pleased... 6 years as PM, no major trouble, no deaths and wars to be accountable for, campaigned for EU, but lost to a bunch of lying back-stabbers, got out of no. 10 leaving the country in "safe hands"... 10 years down the line he won't have people trying to put him in jail... it's not a bad outcome, really, given how things go these days

i wonder what DC's legacy will be?
  • I enjoyed seeing Ham Face saunter back into No.10. "Sam, get your mink coat, we're fcuking off to the Caribbean, no more of this austerity sh1t on Cornwall for the cameras"

If I were Cameron today, I'd be very pleased... 6 years as PM, no major trouble, no deaths and wars to be accountable for, campaigned for EU, but lost to a bunch of lying back-stabbers, got out of no. 10 leaving the country in "safe hands"... 10 years down the line he won't have people trying to put him in jail... it's not a bad outcome, really, given how things go these days

In 10 years time it could easily be 'The Prime Minister that saved us from the EU'

The 4th plinth in Trafalgar Square could then have a reason for a permanent statue :wink:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    mamba80 wrote:
    I enjoyed seeing Ham Face saunter back into No.10. "Sam, get your mink coat, we're fcuking off to the Caribbean, no more of this austerity sh1t on Cornwall for the cameras"

Not a lot... even thinking hard I can't come out with anything that his administration will be remembered for... good or bad... maybe the two referendums, but other than injecting a healthy does of hate, have they really changed the nation in the way Blair or Thatcher changed the nation? Don't think so...

The end of affordable education is the only thing I can think of... but it was hardly free before anyway
    left the forum March 2023
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    mamba80 wrote:

Not a lot... even thinking hard I can't come out with anything that his administration will be remembered for... good or bad... maybe the two referendums, but other than injecting a healthy does of hate, have they really changed the nation in the way Blair or Thatcher changed the nation? Don't think so...

The end of affordable education is the only thing I can think of... but it was hardly free before anyway

The first six years he was a steady hand at the wheel. The he called and lost a referendum on EU membership, potentially the most momentous post war event. As always history will decide if he was a blithering posh idiot or a leader of extraordinary vision.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Blithering posh idiot, or lucky.
    Because it certainly wasn't intentional.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    RideOnTime wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    I think we're starring down at the next general election with a Tory/UKIP/Another very right coalition.
    and it ain't a pretty sight.

You can see it that way, but what exactly was the difference between New Labour and the Cameron's version of the Tories? Beside budget restrictions induced by the credit crunch...

a bit of humanity.
    I'm sure Corbyn would give some 'humanity' to the people that he feels are deserving of it - which probably doesn't include most of us. (Although rather than 'some humanity', it is more likely 'loads more of our hard earned money').
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    mamba80 wrote:

One of the shortest serving elected PM's for a start. He wasn't elected in 2010, so has only served just over a year.
  • surrey_commuter
    NorvernRob wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

One of the shortest serving elected PM's for a start. He wasn't elected in 2010, so has only served just over a year.

Pedants should always check their facts.
  • NorvernRob wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

The PM is simply the person who can best convince HMQ that he/she can command a majority in the House of Commons. The PM is never elected.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    mamba80 wrote:
    A 'kin big bill for the taxpayer to pick up. Oh, and just add some more on, so as the pals, sorry Special Advisors, get an extra bonus. Shameless.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/go ... mo-8426149
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    orraloon wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    A 'kin big bill for the taxpayer to pick up. Oh, and just add some more on, so as the pals, sorry Special Advisors, get an extra bonus. Shameless.

just when i thought my opinion of DC couldnt get any lower! he is like a serial benefits cheat.

his actions caused his demise and he and Sam could make up any extra for his mates, from their personal fortune, but instead its the Tax payer he asks to pick up the tab for his errors, even at the end, he treats tax payers with contempt.
  • surrey_commuter
    mamba80 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

just when i thought my opinion of DC couldnt get any lower! he is like a serial benefits cheat.

his actions caused his demise and he and Sam could make up any extra for his mates, from their personal fortune, but instead its the Tax payer he asks to pick up the tab for his errors, even at the end, he treats tax payers with contempt.

And sets a precedent for all of the others. Save some anger for his nominations to the House of Lords. It is moments like that and watching TM go to Buck House that make you glad we not rid of the unelected elite in Brussels