Who will be the next Prime Minister

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    The Daily Express front page was a massive Tory w-a-n-k about the next Margareth Thatcher... I bet they had they line ready for 25 years
    Rather that than the next Michael Foot, which is what we would have if Labour get in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    I can't believe our next leader is being chosen by such a small secluded bunch of "swivel eyed loons"
    Unlike the labour party leadership elections...

How a political party chose or who, for their leader is THEIR business... this is not the case here, they are picking the next PM.

Outrageous that 150,000 unelected people will get a fundamental say in the direction of the country, had the system remained unchanged, at least the MPs doing the choosing would have been elected, which in a representative democracy would have been ok.
    So who do you think should get a vote on the next Tory party leader?
    Mamba80, there was no election when Brown replaced Tory Blair.

2 wrongs dont make a right but in any case, the country wasnt facing the crisis it is today, GB carried on pretty much the policies Blair had won the GE with.

As i said, i dont give a xxxx who votes for the Tory party leader but they are voting for a PM who is going to have to lead the country in a direction totally different to that of DC and the Tory promises they won that election on, so have their election and then call a GE.
    A crisis was brewing when Brown took over becuase they were p1ssing away our money at a rapid rate of knots.

The only real chance of an early GE is if the triggering of article 50 needs a vote in parliament and MPs vote it down.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    if we leave the EU, it will make the 2008 crisis (which as you are fully aware was a GLOBAL one and not of the labour Governments sole making) a mere blip in our economic cycle.

The Tories however have bought this one down on us, all by themselves - You should be a little more critical of Tory policy, it might do you some good!

good swerve on not answering the original point though lol!
  • Stevo_666
    mamba80 wrote:
    if we leave the EU, it will make the 2008 crisis (which as you are fully aware was a GLOBAL one and not of the labour Governments sole making) a mere blip in our economic cycle.
    Your evidence for that is what? I wish I had your Crystal ball :wink:

Only Corbyns labour is capable of inflicting that sort of damage.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Says your crystal ball.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Someone ought to do a database of meaningless Leadsom quotes - I have a feeling she's going to say a lot of stuff which it'll be hard to pin any specifics to ... well, anything at all, apart from "waffle... waffle, speaking as a mother... waffle waflle... speaking as someone who's (claiming to have) managed hundreds of people and billions of pounds of funds... waffle waffle... speaking as somone who thinks we have a bright future out of the EU... waffle waffle..."

I suspect even Google may not have the storage capacity for that over the coming weeks.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Leadsom gives me the creeps. No way is her first language human.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Says your crystal ball.
    It's probably better than yours given some of your recent predictions :wink:
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,511
    Someone ought to do a database of meaningless Leadsom quotes - I have a feeling she's going to say a lot of stuff which it'll be hard to pin any specifics to ... well, anything at all, apart from "waffle... waffle, speaking as a mother... waffle waflle... speaking as someone who's (claiming to have) managed hundreds of people and billions of pounds of funds... waffle waffle... speaking as somone who thinks we have a bright future out of the EU... waffle waffle..."

I suspect even Google may not have the storage capacity for that over the coming weeks.
    Together we will write another great chapter of prosperity and tolerance and hope.

Banish the pessimists

I have spent 20 years working on giving babies the best start in life because that’s where you end up with a healthy, strong emotionally secure society and I genuinely believe there is a huge amount to be done in that space.

My absolute commitment is to the emotional health of our nation

Just remember not to upset her Christian values.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226

Together we will write another great chapter of prosperity and tolerance and hope.

Banish the pessimists

I have spent 20 years working on giving babies the best start in life because that’s where you end up with a healthy, strong emotionally secure society and I genuinely believe there is a huge amount to be done in that space.

My absolute commitment is to the emotional health of our nation

Just remember not to upset her Christian values.
    Urgh. A greedy, sociopath willing to dress it up at "values" I'm sure under that apparent human skin there is a lizard.
    And you know you're in for it when a politician brings in their "Christian Values" . Pass the sick bag.
    In a way, I hope Britain gets Loathsome as PM. And then wonders why her first action is not about the rich, and what they do with their money, but about those who aren't rich, and what they do with their genitals.
    As long as her dosh in Guernsey is safe.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • briantrumpet
    It's happening. Leadsom says she's better than May because she has children. http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... s-children

We'll be onto her Christian rating next. At this rate she'll have the miners thinking of Maggie Thatcher as reasonable in comparison.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    It is OK she says that she did not say it - maybe God was talking through her?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    The actual quote from the interview.

Cm4SHuQWYAQFhhc?format=jpg&name=large
  • mamba80
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

i have repeatedly said that DC had no judgement, in your other thread, a sex act with a dead pig and his Bullingdon days, burning £50 notes in-front of the homeless for one "show me the boy and i ll show you the man"
    Osbourne to his credit, was against the referendum decision, even then DC couldnt see the dangers when painted out for him.

DC's lack of judgement will no doubt cause economic collapse on this country, take away EU rights from 16m that never wanted to leave, split the country, potentially going to end the union, caused a rise in racial attacks and now, as a final insult to his country, we might end up with that vile creature Leadsom as PM.

and despite all this, you still cant get over your obsession with Corbyn and your totally unfounded allegations he would cause another 2008 collapse?
    Many of McDonnells economic policies have now been adopted by Osbourne and since the Brexit vote - Corbyn isnt in power and you accuse me of having a crystal ball :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

i have repeatedly said that DC had no judgement, in your other thread, a sex act with a dead pig and his Bullingdon days, burning £50 notes in-front of the homeless for one "show me the boy and i ll show you the man"
    Osbourne to his credit, was against the referendum decision, even then DC couldnt see the dangers when painted out for him.

DC's lack of judgement will no doubt cause economic collapse on this country, take away EU rights from 16m that never wanted to leave, split the country, potentially going to end the union, caused a rise in racial attacks and now, as a final insult to his country, we might end up with that vile creature Leadsom as PM.

and despite all this, you still cant get over your obsession with Corbyn and your totally unfounded allegations he would cause another 2008 collapse?
    Many of McDonnells economic policies have now been adopted by Osbourne and since the Brexit vote - Corbyn isnt in power and you accuse me of having a crystal ball :shock:
    Unlike your total non obsession with Cameron, as clearly you're not banging on about him are you :roll:

Anyway, you're sure that its all doom and gloom as you mentioned above...where's your evidence? You wouldn't want people to think you're a question dodger :)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Thing is, Corbyn is conjecture, DC is the reality.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mamba80
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

Unlike your total non obsession with Cameron, as clearly you're not banging on about him are you :roll:

Anyway, you're sure that its all doom and gloom as you mentioned above...where's your evidence? You wouldn't want people to think you're a question dodger :)

Steve0, how can i break this to you? CAMERON is in POWER and has caused this mess - fact ! now, we can argue about how long we will see smaller growth or recession but most economic forecasters are predicting one or the other and this is before A50 has been triggered.

as for Obsession, you are the one that started a whole thread just about JC, even joining the labour party to help ensure his election.

i am quite able to criticise labour when they have messed up, such as Blairs decision to go to war and equally, the Tories have done some good things but you seem completely unable to find any fault with either the Tories or DC.

Try being more even handed, it ll make your arguments slightly more plausible.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Thing is, Corbyn is conjecture, DC is the reality.
    Until October.

But there's BREXIT to keep mamba occupied now. Apparently we are going to be 'the next Greece' :)
  • Stevo_666
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

Steve0, how can i break this to you? CAMERON is in POWER and has caused this mess - fact ! now, we can argue about how long we will see smaller growth or recession but most economic forecasters are predicting one or the other and this is before A50 has been triggered.

as for Obsession, you are the one that started a whole thread just about JC, even joining the labour party to help ensure his election.

i am quite able to criticise labour when they have messed up, such as Blairs decision to go to war and equally, the Tories have done some good things but you seem completely unable to find any fault with either the Tories or DC.

The people who voted for BREXIT caused it. Like it or not, the referendum was in the manifesto. And there you are again stating as if it were fact that you know everything will be bad. Evidence please.....third time of asking.

I started the Corbyn thread as a bit of fun but the reaction of thin skinned humourless lefties was better than I had ever anticipated and the thread got a life of its own :D
  • briantrumpet
    The actual quote from the interview [img][/img]
    Well, The Times is certainly sticking by its story, and Leadsom appears not to like being held to account for what she actually said. Sounds vaguely familiar. £350m, anyone?
  • Stevo_666
    I think some of you lot need to be saving your venom for Mrs. May.
  • mamba80
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

The people who voted for BREXIT caused it. Like it or not, the referendum was in the manifesto. And there you are again stating as if it were fact that you know everything will be bad. Evidence please.....third time of asking.

Dont be ridiculous, Cameron gave the referendum because of internal division in the Tory party/ukip threat NO other reason.
    His legacy is the PM who took UK out of EU.... by mistake.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bagehot/ ... er-resigns

"Most unedifying was his attempt to imbue the referendum result, easily one of the most ill-conceived and profoundly damaging political events of Britain’s post-war history, with some nobility. It had been a great democratic exercise, the prime minister told the crowds. It had been important to answer such a pressing question. The people had spoken.

To put it kindly, this was a fantasy. Mr Cameron took the reckless decision to pledge to hold a vote (against the better wisdom of George Osborne, the chancellor, who is also bound to go) back in 2013. He had not needed to. The public was certainly not clamouring for one. His motive was to placate his cranky backbenchers. His consideration given to the risks and realities of such a promise was lacking. His understanding of the “renegotiation” of Britain's EU membership, on which he rested his strategy, was cursory at best"

i couldnt have put it better myself, how you can defend his decision making process is baffling to say the least.

Your an accountant, you know as well as i do the risks of leaving the EU, google will help you here if your not sure (which btw i will be more than happy to buy you a pint if we boom outside) you are just trying to muddle the issues here.
  • Stevo_666
    ...If the majority hadn't voted to leave, we wouldn't be leaving.

Anyway, four and counting :wink:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    orraloon wrote:
    Who the xxxx voted for Andrea Leadsom? Local MP and total xxxxing vacuous waste of space.

To be revised to, who the xxxx would vote for....

Apart from the pin a blue rosette on a wheelie bin, I'll vote for that 'shire people round these parts.
  • surrey_commuter
    Well, The Times is certainly sticking by its story, and Leadsom appears not to like being held to account for what she actually said. Sounds vaguely familiar. £350m, anyone?

I read the comments under this story in the Express - quite mind boggling that they see her as the outsider being picked upon by the establishment, who are telling lies etc - could they get away with calling it project fear again?
  • surrey_commuter
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Economic collapse is overstating it but based upon anecdotal evidence and micro data points most economists believe us to be in negative growth territory already or heading towards it by the Autumn at the latest.

As a conservative estimate losing free trade will cost us 0.5% economic growth per year ( forever). A slowing of FDI and relocating of businesses could shave another 0.5% off per annum. This will reduce our long term economic growth from 2-2.5% to 1-1.5%. In perspective this moves us from healthy growth (thing first decade of Blair) and bumbling along ( think last 8 years).
  • briantrumpet

I read the comments under this story in the Express - quite mind boggling that they see her as the outsider being picked upon by the establishment, who are telling lies etc - could they get away with calling it project fear again?
    Haha. Leadsom bang to rights. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36753695. Leadsom says it would be really horrible to do something, and then in the next sentence goes and does it. Gutter journalism, my ar$e. I'd trust her less than Gove.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Haha. Leadsom bang to rights. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36753695. Leadsom says it would be really horrible to do something, and then in the next sentence goes and does it. Gutter journalism, my ar$e. I'd trust her less than Gove.
    Does anyone really believe it will be anyone other than May?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Does anyone really believe it will be anyone other than May?
    Fair point. As I said above, quite a few people are channelling their impotent rage towards the wrong person.
  • mamba80
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Come on Steve0, your better than this......try debating for once, or do you really believe Cameron is blameless in all this? you d be the only one lol!

As i said, i dont think we ll leave (so long as May gets in) so eco disaster wont be on the cards, she is more of a one nation tory, so unless she lurches right, no saving venom from me.