Paris-Nice 2016 **SPOILERS**

1101112131416»

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Paul 8v wrote:
    a drone on a bike...
    I didn't realise they could ride a bike as well as fly. Cool!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    imatfaal wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    There are currently very strict laws about flying drones in france.

There was also an incident recently where a drone fell out the sky and nearly took out a downhill skier.

You're right - thinking about it there are just so many potential accidents waiting to happen. I rewatched that high speed crash that took out Cancellara from the TdF last year and frankly no acts should be taken that might increase the the risk of such incidents

Well there are certainly hypothetical situations where a drone could injure a rider.

Personally I'd balance that with the numerous cases where a moto has completely wiped someone out in reality.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    just need to have a few rules . don't fly above the riders . stay in front / behind or to the side . regarding speed , no idea if they are quick enough but a combination of what they use now (bike and overhead shots) plus multiple drones might be workable.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    No doubt as the technology becomes more widely available then weight, efficiency and speed will all improve.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Drones are definitely not the answer at the moment; i had a look at the specs of some popular models and their flight time is only up to 30 min. Control distance is also laughable.
  • rjgr
    rjgr Posts: 52
    mamil314 wrote:
    Drones are definitely not the answer at the moment; i had a look at the specs of some popular models and their flight time is only up to 30 min. Control distance is also laughable.

There are drones and then there are ..... drones :!:

MQ-9_Reaper_CBP.jpg

Also would give commissaires the ability to mete out 'on the spot' punishment for drafting amongst cars, sticky bottles etc.

Instant proof to WADA that the UCI is serious in stamping out cheating in all forms.

As each one costs $17million we are going to need some crowd funding. Anyone got a 'spare' paypal account we could use.
    8)