Paris-Nice 2016 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Brilliant come back from Big Gee, Henao did a fantastic job towing him back up the last climb. Pure Sky.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Cracking stage
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    I imagine Sky will be sending Lotto some Champagne tonight. Would've have won it without them.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    so what would have happened if Bertie had won the stage and picked up another 4 seconds?
    Fractions, or countback on stage placings?
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Oof that was good viewing, I do love a stage into Nice
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    inseine wrote:
    I don't especially like Contador, but massive respect to the man

Yep, agree. He is great to watch.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    54 chainring for descent if required ... A marginal gain that worked!
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    There was a clear second between Wellens and Contador. If it had mattered i'm sure that extra second would have been added to Contador.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    How many times did G say "Whoa... ' in that interview, he's clearly still blown away!
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    I know he and Henao opened a gap on the rest of the group on the flat run in so obviously feeling good, but with a final winning margin of only 4 second I reckon Geraint owes Galloping Gallopin a few pints of Brains.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • What. A. Race.

I need some of that there Meldonium for me heart after that
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Great to see him get a big win. Probably my favourite rider at the moment. Has worked tirelessly over the past few years for others and deserves his success. He's a top bloke to boot.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    The_Boy wrote:
    I know he and Henao opened a gap on the rest of the group on the flat run in so obviously feeling good, but with a final winning margin of only 4 second I reckon Geraint owes Galloping Gallopin a few pints of Brains.
    From INRNG on Twats
    Gallopin tells Eurosport he chased in case of a sprint for the stage plus "I get on well with Thomas, we talk rugby, messages each other"
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    so what would have happened if Bertie had won the stage and picked up another 4 seconds?
    Fractions, or countback on stage placings?
    They go by the exact times from the time trials, which are to the 100th of a second. After that or there is no time trial, they go by adding up all the stage places - lowest wins. If they are still equal they go by the position on the final stage.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Thrilling finish, what with that and the track cycling I've been spending far too much time shouting at the TV.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    Joelsim wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    I don't especially like Contador, but massive respect to the man

Yep, agree. He is great to watch.

Same here, not his biggest fan but..... We'll miss him when he finally goes. Always shakes things up and "it's never over until it's over" with him.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    ^^thanks Rich
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Just noticed Tom Dumoulin cracked today. Or did he have a problem?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Contador is great value as always.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Wow. What a final stage. I have to say I didn't think they'd crack Thomas today given how good his climbing has been in the last few years.

Kind of puts into perspective all those comments about Contador being past it. Never ever discount him.
  • Agree with all of the above

Bert = VFM
  • rick_chasey
    It does show that a motivated team who throws caution to the wind can really mess sky up.

If Movistar grew some they could certainly take it to sky.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Got to say, there's no one that can dig in quite like Thomas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    It does show that a motivated team who throws caution to the wind can really mess sky up.

doing that to froome is a different story altogether
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    gsk82 wrote:

So is doing it with a Quintana Valverde combo.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    So I shall watch the final stage on catchup then! Missed the rest of the race, busy week :(
  • gsk82 wrote:

So is doing it with a Quintana Valverde combo.

They blew it last year. Didn't look after Quintana properly early days, and then let Sky do what they ALWAYS do - hammer the peloton on the first real summit finish

More TT Km's this year too (I think?)
  • RichN95.
    It looks like Daniil Fominykh of Astana had a really bad crash - off a bridge and into a ravine. Lots of fractures but nothing life threatening.
  • RichN95.
    The_Boy wrote:
    From INRNG on Twats
    Gallopin tells Eurosport he chased in case of a sprint for the stage plus "I get on well with Thomas, we talk rugby, messages each other"
    Also once Gallopin made it back to group 2, Wellens stopped working in group 1 and rode third wheel until the sprint as he had his insurance policy in place.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    So I shall watch the final stage on catchup then! Missed the rest of the race, busy week :(

Yeah, early finish meant I was nt back off our Omloop
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver