Transfers 2017 : Rumours and fact

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,070
    Mollema, Rast and Irizar all extend for another two years at Trek-Segafredo.

Meanwhile Joaquim Rodriguez confirms this is his last season as a pro.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,881
    Cyclingnews.com ‏@Cyclingnewsfeed · 33m33 minutes ago

Joaquim Rodriguez announces that he will retire at the end of 2016:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Farewell to J-Rod

rodriguez1_3378396b.jpg

Happy times

Joaquim+Rodriguez+UCI+Road+World+Championships+gA1Rysh_n3Nl.jpg

The one that got away when Rui Costa won

sptdw505_670.jpg

With the man who remained his nemesis

Joaquim-Rodriguez-Inaction-120519R300.jpg

A Giro he could have won.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    it's just like having Frenchie back .. very good pics
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Gotta have a Huy picture.

Let's face it, he was THE steep finish champ. Better than Valverde in his prime and that says something...!
    Fleche
    fleche2012_rodriguez_wins-630x406.jpg
    and the Tour
    310-IMG_7145.jpg

322-RTR32ILJ.jpg Steep finish in the Giro

Vuelta
    IMG_6266_edited-1.jpg
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Mr "one minute power" according to David Millar. shame he didn't win a 3 week stage race, but he's done well, as others say no one in his prime ( with the exception of Gilbert and Valverde) could live with him up the steep stuff. he'll very definitely be missed.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Astana's Diego Rosa to Sky according to ITV live coverage today
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Didn't see this on here.

Oleg confirms Sagan to Bora for MORE than he is paying him already.

http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/in-dept ... -last-year
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    As someone else pointed out (inrng or cycling podcast) Oleg says a lot of things - and if the figure is true it may or may not include his entourage
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,070
    AG2R's Jesse Sergent to retire with immediate effect due to complications with injuries sustained in the 2015 Tour of Flanders, when he was hit by the Shimano neutral service car.
  • rick_chasey
    Boonen re-signs for Quick Step for another year.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    edited July 2016
    Jarlinson Pantano set to join Trek-Segafredo on a two year deal reports today's @lequipe
  • rick_chasey
    Explains his efforts today!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Good point. I hope he gets a chance to shine, as well as bolstering Mollema (& Contador?) GC plans in future.
  • rick_chasey
    https://twitter.com/nikiterpstra/status ... 2370536448

I think Boonen's popular with his team mates.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,605

I think Boonen's popular with his team mates.

I think that's what the eyes as hearts emoji was made for. Hop Tommeke Boonen
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

Retiring after Paris-Roubaix
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

That's when his year usually ends anyway.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    RichN95 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

That's when his year usually ends anyway.

First win of the year this weekend :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    Let alone all those Tour wins, a green jersey, world champs, national champs.

But yeah ;)
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Who do we suppose the 'talismanic' signing that Vaughter's hinted at making to RIchard/Lionel is? To provide Millar-esque leadership... :roll:

I can't decide whether Cannondale are just unlucky, shambolic, or a combination of the two. Young-ish team with some decent riders but it just doesn't seem to be firing for them.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Friebe and Het Nieuswblad both saying Roche to BMC
  • salsiccia1
    dish_dash wrote:
    Who do we suppose the 'talismanic' signing that Vaughter's hinted at making to RIchard/Lionel is? To provide Millar-esque leadership... :roll:

TV Tommy?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    dish_dash wrote:

I can't think of anyone who seems to self-sabotage his career quite like Nico Roche...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash wrote:

Good. He's a great team captain and Porte will benefit hugely from him being there with him. I had my doubts about Porte and the Tour, but he put those to bed in this Tour, and proved why he made the right decision to leave Sky. Not that I think he's got a Tour win in him, but he's proved he's got a really great shot at podium. And he would never have got that at Sky.
  • ddraver wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

I can't think of anyone who seems to self-sabotage his career quite like Nico Roche...

Why should moving from Sky to BMC be sabotaging his career? He knows he's not a major GT contender any more, he's happy road captaining and getting a shot at stages etc. Porte has shown that moving from Sky to BMC can be a good move.

I know this may be news but leaving Sky can, ya know, actually benefit some riders.
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

Why should moving from Sky to BMC be sabotaging his career? He knows he's not a major GT contender any more, he's happy road captaining and getting a shot at stages etc. Porte has shown that moving from Sky to BMC can be a good move.

I know this may be news but leaving Sky can, ya know, actually benefit some riders.
    I image he wants to ride the Tour again, maybe even grab a stage win, and he's more likely to get that at BMC.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

I image he wants to ride the Tour again, maybe even grab a stage win, and he's more likely to get that at BMC.
    He *REALLY* wasn't happy about not riding the Tour this year. Nico's a really nice, but fickle, guy.

The toys keep getting thrown out of the pram, daddy picks them back up, then they get chucked out again shortly after. But that's just the way this sport is going, I guess.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

Yeppa, for sure that would be a big attraction,

He did OK with the move from AG2R - had stayed there too long, wasn't progressing any further - got his best ever GT GC placing, wore the leader's jersey and got a stage win all at the 2013 Vuelta with Saxi Tinki. Gotta look after your career, go for your best chances.
  • RichN95.
    Looking at Roche's career, He's had five teams in 12 years. The only one he had signed a second contract with was AG2R.