Transfers 2017 : Rumours and fact

Comments

• yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Bora-Argon downplaying the Sagan story - says he is too big a rider for them.
  • hanshotfirst
    hanshotfirst Posts: 373

He is.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Bertie saying he's signed a two year contract. Doesn't say who.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Is Vaughters so out of fashion that we can't bring ourselves to mention that he's sold a bit more of Slipstream to Drapac?

I'd be curious to understand the actual dynamics of the transaction and how much of a stake Vaughters still has in the team...

New team is Cannondale-Drapac with the existing Drapac team dropping down a notch next year and gaining the name "Drapac-Pat's Veg" (Is this a joke?)

Kit is a bit sh*t

Cannondale-Drapac-jersey-2016.jpg
  • yourpaceormine
    Bike is the same colour, however the kit reminds me of..

http://theessential.com.au/features/objet-dart/the-dazzling-ingenuity-behind-a-simple-bicycle-ride-in-the-muppet-movie

Hopefully someone cleverer than me will be along to post a picture of the green one on a bike
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786

He is.

True, but thats what they said about Cav to DD ( even by the team).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    Tony Martin to Bora.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Cycling Podcast seemed pretty convinced by the Sagan to Bora story.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Are Bora world tour? they must be getting a bit of a bump in revenue as both Sagan and Martin won't be cheap!
  • bobmcstuff
    Pro conti. Apparently they would be moving to WT, ditching Argon 18 and Specialized would be coming on board. Hansgrohe would also join as a sponsor (they make bathrooms and things right?).

No confirmation either way though.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    philbar72 wrote:
    Are Bora world tour? they must be getting a bit of a bump in revenue as both Sagan and Martin won't be cheap!

If Specialized are on board then guess they are paying a huge chunk of Sagan's salary - ensuring he is riding their bikes next season rather than say Trek - think they did something similar when Cav moved to Ettix - they essentially funded his move.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    At least two WT teams are folding at the end of this season, Tinkoff and IAM, so there's room for at least one Pro Continental team to move up should they secure the budget.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    mr_poll wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:

If Specialized are on board then guess they are paying a huge chunk of Sagan's salary - ensuring he is riding their bikes next season rather than say Trek - think they did something similar when Cav moved to Ettix - they essentially funded his move.

I was just going to say that. They also have a personal deal with Contador, so any team he rides for has to be on Spesh. Interested he says he has a two year deal as he nearly retired at the end of this year and then said he was riding for one more year.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,831
    sherer wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:

I was just going to say that. They also have a personal deal with Contador, so any team he rides for has to be on Spesh. Interested he says he has a two year deal as he nearly retired at the end of this year and then said he was riding for one more year.

I imagine his deal will be for 1 year with an option for an additional year if everyone is happy.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    the way he's crashing at the moment, I reckon he'll do himself some permanent damage by the end of the tour.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Anna van der Breggan to Boels Dolmans made me cringe in the same way a top young ride signing for sky does. Can't they see that signing all the top riders is bad for the sport?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gsk82 wrote:
    Anna van der Breggan to Boels Dolmans made me cringe in the same way a top young ride signing for sky does. Can't they see that signing all the top riders is bad for the sport?

Hmmm

Boels Dolmans and Wiggle High5 are packed with 'stars'. Out of the two it's the latter who've struggled to make the team gel as a unit (tho finally seems to be coming together at the Giro Rosa), and Boels Dolmans who've cracked it from the word go

But yeah, I had a bit of the same feeling as with the report that Sky are interested in Kruiswijk
  • yourpaceormine
    One of the TdF commentators yesterday (was flicking channels so not sure if it was Eurosport or ITV) mentioned that Tinkoff was thinking about continuing. They did validate that by saying he could just be posturing to 'encourage' his team (tho Sagan is doing pretty well as always)
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    One of the TdF commentators yesterday (was ******* channels so not sure if it was Eurosport or ITV) mentioned that Tinkoff was thinking about continuing. They did validate that by saying he could just be posturing to 'encourage' his team (tho Sagan is doing pretty well as always)

That was on Eurosport and was Kirby saying it. He takes everyting he reads on twitter as fact, even if he only sees it once. Unless I read it elsewhere i'll take that comment with a pinch of salt
  • bobmcstuff
    sherer wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:

Cycling Podcast KM0 had an interview with one of the Bora guys (forget who) and apparently they have been talking to "some GC guys, and one-day riders, monument winners". Wouldn't be drawn on Sagan but it seems we are talking riders of that calibre.

Also yesterday's Stage 5 wrap up podcast had an interview with Sky's French DS Nicholas Portal (I think) and apparently they have been talking to Warren Barguil etc.. Portal likes Alaphillippe.
  • andyp
    Steven Kruijswijk confirmed with Lotto-Jumbo NL for the next two years.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    andyp wrote:
    I think that's a real shame.

I think it's good that L-J actually has someone who can effectively compete for GC at a GT, but I *really* hope they invest in good riders to put around him for next season.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    José Been ‏@TourDeJose · 2m2 minutes ago

John Degenkolb leaves Giant-Alpecin. Talks with 2 teams. Trek-Segafredo most likely new team (via @WestemeyerSusan)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • andyp
    I can't understand why Leferve isn't all over Degenkolb. He is exactly what Etixx-Quick Step need.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    andyp wrote:
    I can't understand why Leferve isn't all over Degenkolb. He is exactly what Etixx-Quick Step need.

Losing a finger and not being able to finish above 77th in a Tour stage requires a hefty discount.

Let him sweat a bit!
  • andyp
    He was 13th on the opening stage, and has two other top twenty finishes so far.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Looks like contador is signing for Trek on Monday
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    JSCL wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    I think that's a real shame.

I think it's good that L-J actually has someone who can effectively compete for GC at a GT, but I *really* hope they invest in good riders to put around him for next season.

Agreed. But thank goodness he hasn't gone to Sky, which was the rumour.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Keisse & Lampaert renew with Etixx.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.