Transfers 2017 : Rumours and fact

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,570
    So... what happens to Lampre. Are they losing their second sponsor and manager? I haven't heard that they are shutting shop...
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    dish_dash wrote:
    So... what happens to Lampre. Are they losing their second sponsor and manager? I haven't heard that they are shutting shop...

They aren't shutting shop. It's likely they'll go Pro Conti instead, but I don't know the official line.

Brent is to Bahrain, as are Merida Bikes.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • dish_dash
    So if Tinkoff and IAM both fold and Lampre drop a level, then we down to only 15 World Tour teams?
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    dish_dash wrote:
    So if Tinkoff and IAM both fold and Lampre drop a level, then we down to only 15 World Tour teams?

16 with Bora are stepping up
  • jscl
    dish_dash wrote:
    I'm sure there will be some incentives for PC teams like Direct Energie to fill up the numbers.

OR, maybe everyones wish of less riders will be a reality.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    dish_dash wrote:

And I assume Bahrain will also be World Tour.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dish_dash
    RichN95 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

And I assume Bahrain will also be World Tour.

Forgot about Bora. 17 current WT teams, 3 leave (Tinkoff, IAM, Lampre) and 2 come in (Bora, Bahrain) leaves 16.

Can't see many of the PC teams wanting to step up. Direct Energie struggled (as Europcar) due to the costs of moving up to WT and not many other candidates out there...
  • ONE were making noises about stepping up

Dont know the latest
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    ONE were making noises about stepping up

Dont know the latest

Yeah the commentators mentioned it a few times in RideLondon.

They'd need to make some pretty big signings to stand any chance of getting decent results surely? Would have thought we'd have heard by now?
  • dish_dash
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Dont know the latest

They'd need to make some pretty big signings to stand any chance of getting decent results surely? Would have thought we'd have heard by now?

Well, isn't Adam Blythe back on the market :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    dish_dash wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Dont know the latest

He's supposedly off to Dimension Data
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jscl
    I'm not sure ONE will, but who knows.

There were whispers that they were in discussions last year with Emirates or Etihad (can't remember which) about sponsorship.
  • Greg Henderson leaving Lotto but wants to remain WT
  • dish_dash
    RichN95 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Dont know the latest

He's supposedly off to Dimension Data

Yeah I've seen that but not convinced. Doesn't seem a natural fit, what value does he bring them? Sounded more like an agent starting the rumour... But could be wrong.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,143
    Wasn't it just someone on Twitter suggesting Blythe would be a good signing for them? This thread is the only other place I've seen it mentioned.
  • andyp
    Have we had Vaughters' cryptic tweet yet, suggesting he's signed a probable Roubaix winner? One assumes Vanmarcke is returning.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Frank Schleck to retire.

SCHLECK_WINS1.jpg

Tour+de+France+Stage+Three+zrzWmAT2xb3l.jpg

amstel08-schleck450.jpg
  • Another one bites the dust
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,212
    andyp wrote:
    Have we had Vaughters' cryptic tweet yet, suggesting he's signed a probable Roubaix winner? One assumes Vanmarcke is returning.

Taylor Phinney? Richard Moore just tweeted this as a rumour.
  • andyp
    r0bh wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Do they have an equivalent of the Trades Descriptions Act in the USA?
  • andyp wrote:
    r0bh wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Do they have an equivalent of the Trades Descriptions Act in the USA?

Harsh but fair
  • dish_dash
    Ha ha... Phinney would make a lot of sense actually. Links in with Vaughter's earlier tweet about signing a talisman...

I'd weep if Sep went to Cannondale... would like him to get a stronger team for that classics, but Cannondale ain't gonna be that...
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Another one bites the dust

lomdy07-down450.jpg
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    dish_dash wrote:
    Ha ha... Phinney would make a lot of sense actually. Links in with Vaughter's earlier tweet about signing a talisman...

I'd weep if Sep went to Cannondale... would like him to get a stronger team for that classics, but Cannondale ain't gonna be that...

Confirmed on Sep

http://www.slipstreamsports.com/
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash wrote:

Confirmed on Sep

http://www.slipstreamsports.com/

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • There is the final nail in the coffin. Sep will never win a Cobbled monument.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    There is the final nail in the coffin. Sep will never win a Cobbled monument.

But at least he can now use the old team wasn't good enough excuse :D
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Oh no, Sep. No no no
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,911
    Surely Sagan has shown that you can win monuments even with a pretty poor team?
  • phreak wrote:
    Surely Sagan has shown that you can win monuments even with a pretty poor team?

Sep is a third of the rider Sagan is.