Transfers 2017 : Rumours and fact

Comments

• Jerome Coppel retiring after next race.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,143
    Matthias Frank confirmed with AG2R-La Mondiale for the next two seasons.

They are gradually building a decent team to support Bardet in the Grand Tours.
  • Jerome Coppel retiring after next race.
    early departure - bit of a crowded market though at the moment
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Jerome Coppel retiring after next race.
    early departure - bit of a crowded market though at the moment

It is. I'm still surprised that he couldn't find anything to tempt him though.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Dries Devenyns (IAM) going (back) to Etixx-Quick Step.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Sondre Holst Enger to AG2R.

Some good signings so far by AG2R... nice to see them finally bolstering.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • ^Team to watch next year
  • Hence everyone will be surprised when they do well, like they were about FDJ this season
  • andyp
    Visconti and Boaro to the Bahrain team.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    My mistake, I thought Sky had confirmed they'd given Tao an offer for 2017, but I can't find that anywhere, just "reports".
    On the Cycling Podcast, Richard Moore said he had spoken to TGH and been told where he was going. While he wouldn't say where that was, he said 'but I think we can probably guess'.

So Roompot it is then.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hommelbier
    RonB wrote:
    Jarlinson Pantano set to join Trek-Segafredo on a two year deal reports today's @lequipe

Confirmed today by Pantano himself in Spanish press.

http://www.esciclismo.com/ampliada.asp?Id=39047
  • hommelbier
    For 2017 Sunweb-Giant (former Giant-Alpecin) have signed Lennard Kämna, junior world time trial champion in 2014, from Stölting Group, and Phil Bauhaus, winner of three races this year with Bora-Argon 18.

Both riders are currently taking part in the Tour de l'Ain.
  • andyp
    As expected Degenkolb confirmed with Trek-Segafredo. He's taking Koen de Kort with him too.
  • hommelbier
    Not really news but...

Bradley Wiggins will retire at the end of this year after riding the Tour of Britain then finishing off at the Gent 6-day.
    However, he did little to endear himself to the French commenting to L'Equipe that he did not want to end his (road) career "Pas dans une petite course sordide du Nord de la France, Paris-Tours, où j’aurais arrêté au ravitaillement" (Not in a miserable little northern French race, Paris-Tours, where I would have dropped out at the feed station).
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Tony Martin to Katusha. Didn't see that one coming.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tony-ma ... m-katusha/
  • hommelbier wrote:
    Not really news but...

Bradley Wiggins will retire at the end of this year after riding the Tour of Britain then finishing off at the Gent 6-day.
    However, he did little to endear himself to the French commenting to L'Equipe that he did not want to end his (road) career "Pas dans une petite course sordide du Nord de la France, Paris-Tours, où j’aurais arrêté au ravitaillement" (Not in a miserable little northern French race, Paris-Tours, where I would have dropped out at the feed station).

some might say he wouldn't have made the ravitaillement
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    GrenW wrote:

Wow! You and me both.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Didn't hear any rumours about Tony Martin other than the one he'd fallen out with EQS management on the last day of TdF. That gives it some context...
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,473
    I saw rumours of him going there or to bora. I think both are somewhere up this thread. I wonder what his aims are and how much he'll improve now he's away from that joke, talent stifling team.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • hommelbier
    GrenW wrote:

A replacement for Guarnieri in Kristoff's lead-out train?
  • andyp
    gsk82 wrote:
    I saw rumours of him going there or to bora. I think both are somewhere up this thread. I wonder what his aims are and how much he'll improve now he's away from that joke, talent stifling team.

Etixx-Quick Step are a "talent stifling team"? :shock:

Do we watch the same sport? I'd say that if you're a rider at EQS then you'll more than likely get your day in the sun.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    andyp wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

Etixx-Quick Step are a "talent stifling team"? :shock:

Do we watch the same sport? I'd say that if you're a rider at EQS then you'll more than likely get your day in the sun.
    Hmm they've managed to do surprisingly poorly with the roster they have.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    Popped up on my fb feed and i loudly exclaimed WTF???
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    EQS does seem to be somewhere talent goes to to die. It seems if you enter the WT with them then you do OK, if you join them after doing well with another team it all goes a bit mediocre.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • The_Boy
    EQS does seem to be somewhere talent goes to to die. It seems if you enter the WT with them then you do OK, if you join them after doing well with another team it all goes a bit mediocre.

The cofidis of the WT?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    The_Boy wrote:

The cofidis of the WT?

Ooo that's good.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • The_Boy wrote:

The cofidis of the WT?

Cofidis are third in the UCI Europe Tour ranking - Bouhanni is 29th in the UCI rankings - that's above Cavendish and EB Hagen Adam Yates and G Thomas
  • Geniez to Ag2R for two years
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    The_Boy wrote:

The cofidis of the WT?

Cofidis are third in the UCI Europe Tour ranking - Bouhanni is 29th in the UCI rankings - that's above Cavendish and EB Hagen Adam Yates and G Thomas

I've seen some straws clutched but that's brilliant.

I'm sure Cav and Yates are crying themselves to sleep over their UCI rankings and throw darts at pictures of Bouhanni, just wishing they hadn't got those stage wins or 4th overall when they could be 29th in the world.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • The_Boy
    Geniez to Ag2R for two years

Now that's interesting. Apart from any thing else, geniez is riding vuelta for GC.

Bardet does seem to be getting a decent group around him though given the team's budget.